Union Budget 2012: Everything About its Impact on Auto Sector

Thread Starter #1
I was reading newspaper where government has increased tax. on all diesel car . So be ready to pay more for diesel cars .
Government took this decision as more people are buying Diesel car just because Diesel rate are lower then Petrol and discount given on diesel for agriculture are being misused by people . They also said in future more tax on diesel car might increased if trend keep going like now .

Well i was expecting such things

-------------------------------
EDIT: Please follow the discussion from Page 8 onwards for more: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ernment-raises-tax-upto-25-diesel-cars-8.html
-------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tax increased on Diesel Car

Any idea when this would be in effect ?

The positive side of this move: The number game starts, SALES Vs PRICE
and the downside : apparently, Question of QUALITY..? arises

Hope i read its 35% some where.
From new car buyer view its bad.

But its a good move by govt . People should not enjoy subsidised diesel (Include me) , which is mainly for other purpose in our country.

If only lorry transport , public carrier/transport / agriculture are given subsidy and others in normal price , they will try to sell the diesel for a profit ! and more over even the petrol station will show a report for filling large number of truck , than car and they will enjoy the black money.

so hence if the money reaches the govt , Hope so it will be used for the betterment of country!
cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

ilango[speed thirst];72166 said:
so hence if the money reaches the govt , Hope so it will be used for the betterment of country!
cheers!
I doubt here! :lol!:

BTW I think at the end of the day the total runing cost of a petrol and diesel car will be same..[roll]

i agree with gears1313, at the end of the end of day running petrol and diesel car will cost equal specially in delhi so now we should start buying petrol/diesel cars based on choice rather than daily running imo but anyways good move by govt. now petrol buyers wont envy someone [:D]

i agree with gears1313, at the end of the end of day running petrol and diesel car will cost equal specially in delhi so now we should start buying petrol/diesel cars based on choice rather than daily running imo but anyways good move by govt. now petrol buyers wont envy someone [:D]
I agree with you Umang but the question is why petrol prices are so high in our country ? Even it around 30-35 rupees in Pakistan (i guess, i read somewhere).

I know few people brought Diesel cars just because the Petrol prices are so high. There daily, monthly running does not advice to invest in Diesel but after paying initial amount rest of the the journey is less expensive (fuel side ONLY.)

Wat say.[confused]

Re: Delhi Govt. Increases Tax Upto 25% For Diesel Cars

An article in this month Od mag say owning a petrol and diesel car is same for daily use. that is a 50km per day.

but further increase in diesel car price means , petrol car must be cheaper to own provided the daily running is 50kms.

Od mag did fix Fe as 13kmpl for petrol and 18 kmpl for diesel.

But what ever say , buying a diesel car , is like a stress free like

though we know that both are same , we prefer diesel .

so what about common people with no knowledge in auto mobile? so naturally diesel will be their choice too!!!

Guys,
Whole country is on the wrong notion that Diesel price is subsidized. Do you really think its subsidized ? No. The selling price at the factory is almost same may be slightly higher for Diesel. But the diesel is comparatively less taxed than petrol. Something like 100% for petrol and 80% for diesel I am guessing. Govt. is telling they are under loss by selling diesel is mere eye wash. This is something like they tax 100% and discount 20% say that they loose X- crore if they do. First of all common commodity should not be taxed 100% like this. If 12.2% tax imples for petro products it will be around 30 rs. If they want to reduce inflation why they are not ready to reduce the tax for petro. The reason is its a free money for them. Even the petrol is price Rs100/litre we are forced to use it. The petrol price 100/litre is not a distant dream

Most of the countries Diesel price is higher than petrol, even in pakistan petrol price is Rs42 , while diesel is Rs 45 ( both approx ) . In indonesia both petrol and diesel are sold for same price ( approx Rs 24 ) but being an oil rich country it can be excused for the price . My point is that the diesel here is not subsidized but the petrol price is elevated , just to show the people that the diesel price is subsidized for agriculture ! By this the so called public sector and private oil companies are earning crores of money. Now they want to increase the tax on diesel cars just to increase their petrol sales and earn more money [sad]
It is never for the betterment of the country but for the betterment of few corporate people and politicians .

ilango[speed thirst];72280 said:
^ +
rightly said , but their terms are always confusing.

as said , when its less in pakistan , why not here?
Well we are not Pakistan, where someone can blow your head off in day light in a street and no one says nothing. That country is almost an anarchic hell hole and the reason we, unlike them are able to have a strong army to defend ourselves is the taxes we all pay to fund them to operate. There might be scams and many other things, But we still are way ahead and way better. And I believe that the example of Delhi should be followed by all states and territories in our nation.

Well we are not Pakistan, where someone can blow your head off in day light in a street and no one says nothing. That country is almost an anarchic hell hole and the reason we, unlike them are able to have a strong army to defend ourselves is the taxes we all pay to fund them to operate. There might be scams and many other things, But we still are way ahead and way better. And I believe that the example of Delhi should be followed by all states and territories in our nation.
Wow. But what example ? I dont remember we in Delhi are having something extra which people in other parts are not [thumbsup]

Wow. But what example ? I dont remember we in Delhi are having something extra which people in other parts are not [thumbsup]
I mean, that all states and union territories should slap an additional 25%tax on Diesel cars without delay. Why should the Diesel car owner get a less taxed fuel, when the Petrol car owner does not?

Last edited:

I too completely agree with that! that way, we can reduce the consumption of diesel used in the current scenario.

Even if we are not able to reduce, we can prevent further increase in usage in terms of individual vehicles being diesel with this kind of taxation policies.

A very good move by Delhi and should be followed by all the states!

Top Bottom