Mitsubishi Launches Lancer Evo X at Rs.49.95 Lakhs!

Thread Starter #1
Mitsubishi is planning to launch the Lancer Evo X in India by market in 2010. The company is expected to display the Evo X at the Auto Expo in Delhi in January 2010 and launch the car in India subsequently.The Evo X produces 280bhp of power which allows the car to accelerate from zero to 100km/h in less than five seconds and is something which will give enthusiasts what they have been waiting for since a long time.

Internationally, the car costs around Rs 12 lakh and $32,697 Rs 13 lakh for different variants, but after adding the import duties, the cost will be Rs 21.70-Rs 23.5 lacs.

Karthik.

This is the most anticipated launch in India!

But i really wonder if Evo X will come with 280 bhp, which will give enthusiasm to drive, but mileage will be a big drop & that would make the sales do down!

May be Top end, So called Sport model can be with 280bhp, I expect a power of 180-220bhp which is marginally enough for india & hoping for the price to come close to 18Lakhs [thumbsup]

It WONT COME SO SOON I guess.

The one & only reason is that the legendary MIVEC engine needs high octane fuel i.e 100 octane + fuel where as the max we get in our country (that too in some cities) is the 97octane one.The commonly found are the 87 octane(normal petrol) & 91 octane (speed,etc).

Even the older Mivec engines needed min 100 octane fuel to avoid knocking & higher octane to give full performance.

According to the rumors EVO X was supposed to come to India in Feb-march 2009 but then the Outlander was launched before.

I think they would bring the New Lancer instead (looks same like the evo x).
If the EVO X makes it to India i will be more than Happy.

Last edited:
hey neil: Outlander has a MIVEC engine too and it's launched in india.
The Outlander in US has the same MIVEC engine & fuel requirement that the Indian version has.They haven't detuned the engine for Indian conditions.

Where as there are no EVO X's under production which run on 87 or 91 octane fuels.

The Outlader's MIVEC & EVO's MIVEC are different engine's.The only thing common between them is the Mitsubishi's tech " MIVEC ".

Moreover even detuning the EVO's MIVEC engine to meet the Indian fuel standards ain't a easy job.It cant be done just by playing around with the ECU.The compression ratio needs to be changed & even if they change the ratio they will need to work on the engines TURBO CHARGER again & if they work on that too (which i don't think they will just for us Indians) we will get a highly detuned EVO X. People might prefer buying a skoda Octavia 1.8TP & soup it up & still save loads of money in your pocket.[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Mitsubishi Evo X and Skoda Cannot be compared at present there is a big difference.And they will make changes to the evo to meet the Indian fuel standard and the Indian roads.

Karthik.

AMG

Suspended
Who knows, we may end up getting an Ambassador Engine in the EVO.[lol!][stupid]

Mitsubishi Evo X and Skoda Cannot be compared at present there is a big difference.And they will make changes to the evo to meet the Indian fuel standard and the Indian roads.

Karthik.
I know they cant be compared neither did i compare them.

I just said people might opt for a Octavia & soup it up instead of a high priced,detuned EVO X.

The above sentence was said keeping in mind the affordability part.

Anyways i would like to know the SOURCE of your news first.[:)]

Thread Starter #9
I know they cant be compared neither did i compare them.

I just said people might opt for a Octavia & soup it up instead of a high priced,detuned EVO X.

The above sentence was said keeping in mind the affordability part.

Anyways i would like to know the SOURCE of your news first.[:)]

Google is the source of the news.

Karthik

Arun

Suspended
Mitsu finally get some brains and a whole lotta horses!!
I'm so glad this will be coming here!!Another reason why not to miss the Auto Expo Vibhor!!
You'll finally see the beauty in flesh!

Great news!! Only if Mitsubishi assembles it here, it'd be a great success. But still at 20-22 lacs it'll get decent sales. Is this price correct? Once i saw in ACI that the expected price of EVO is around 40 lacs.

@zinam, for mileage, we'll get new Lancer based on EVO X.

Google is the source of the news.

Karthik
Ya google but which website ? Do check the date's on which the articles were written. These articles were floating all over the web since a long time.[:)]

Great news!! Only if Mitsubishi assembles it here, it'd be a great success. But still at 20-22 lacs it'll get decent sales. Is this price correct? Once i saw in ACI that the expected price of EVO is around 40 lacs.

@zinam, for mileage, we'll get new Lancer based on EVO X.
The car's wont be assembled here.They will be brought down as CBU according to the articles on google.
The price will be between 21 - 23 lakh's[:)]

350Z

Core Team
This is the car I'm eagerly waiting for!
Evo X was actually due for 2009 but now we don't see any signs of its launch before 2010. I'm sure it will grab a lot of the market attention of young rich buyers who can not afford the more expensive sports cars.
New Gen. Lancer with similar looks is expected as well but no one has any clue about launch date, So it remains expected.

Arun said:
Mitsu finally get some brains and a whole lotta horses!!
I'm so glad this will be coming here!!Another reason why not to miss the Auto Expo Vibhor!!You'll finally see the beauty in flesh!
Arun,
It was also showcased in Auto Expo 2008.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom