Tata Nano Now Available at Big Bazaar!

Thread Starter #1
Tata Nano.JPG

Kishore Biyani's discounted retail format Big Bazaar, which started the concept of 'Sabse Sasta Din' a few years ago, is now selling the sabse sasta car-the Tata Nano .

In a novel move, Tata Motors has tied up with Future Group to sell the Nano in Big Bazaar outlets.

"There is a lot of commonality between Big Bazaar consumers and prospective Nano buyers. Big Bazaar as a concept appeals to the masses and with over 150 million footfalls every year, we are trying to see how we can sell Nano, which has a similar positioning," said Future group's Customer Strategy president Sandip Tarkas, who heads this initiative at Big Bazaar.

This is the first time a retail chain is selling a car in the country.

Industry officials say Big Bazaar has already sold more than 450 Nanos since the experiment began a month ago. That is more than 5% of Nano sales in February.

"Tata Motors may have now realised that for a product like Nano, conventional distribution system such as car showrooms can only help to an extent," said IDBI Securities research head Sonam Udasi. "Big Bazaar's customers, mostly value conscious people, will directly fit in the profile of Nano buyers."

Market experts say the decision to tieup with the country's largest retailer is a brilliant move that will help Tata Motors push Nano sales.

Tata Motors has been quite aggressive to attract more buyers for the world's cheapest car after sales declined consistently last year, hitting an all-time low of 509 units in November.

Since then, it has been selling Nanos off the shelves from around 874 sales outlets and 1,000 odd kiosks across India, instead of the earlier system of having to book and wait for delivery.

Source: Economic Times

Yet another brilliant move by Tata Motors! Kudos

Just this evening, an hour or two back, me and co-member Ilango were discussing about the real purpose and some people's wrong perception about this car!

It is meant to serve a ideal family of four for a better means of transport in city. An easily affordable option for a middle class family both in terms of price/maintenance.

Its a smart strategy from TATA, I don't know how much units they will sell from Big Bazaar but one thing is for sure it will now catch peoples attention more then ever.

nano is one of my favorite car...

but what i am looking forward to is..very silent cabin and better built quality..!!!

and along with me 3 more peoples too.

Good move by TATA but are you guys ready to buy a Nano from Big Bazaar?

I am somehow not comfortable , i prefer buying the car at showroom only!

Excellent strategy by Tata! [clap] When Nano was launched, the booking was accepted in the Croma stores. But now it will get the correct showcase it requires.

People may not prefer buying the car from BigBazar. But when they go there for shopping, they will at least see it, try sitting inside, may be a test drive & then go on to buy it from a dealer. This is what is sufficient for Tata. [thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
Yet another place where Nano has registered itself as the first one. This is a clever strategy by Tata Motors to directly reach their targeted audience at one shot, that too in masses. Though until we observe long term results, cannot say how successful is this going to be but definitely this car will get much required attention that could indirectly tempt buyers to bring home a Tata Nano.

Drive Safe,
350Z

but hey there are also some people who hesitate to go in showrooms so now its good for them to buy car from bigbazar only where almost everyone goes..btw how will they sell it from bigbaazar? will it work like showroom only or we have to put nano in trolly..[lol]

Thread Starter #11
Yet another attempt by Tata motors to boost the sales of Nano. And i am sure it will definitely prove beneficial. Tata guys have never gone wrong with their marketing strategies, however i fail to understand why they are working on their services!

It was showcased and even available for sale at army canteen
seen it almost a month back in bangalore army canteen which is close to shivaji nagar

many cars are sold thru army canteen for service people but this the first one to be placed for show case

Last month the Empire restaurant chain here in bangalore had one NANO outside each of their outlet and had a board next to it saying something like this. Eat for 499/- & drive away the Nano!

Now the Nano craze is helping restaurants too. As far as Nano is concerned, the design is so good "YOU CANT IGNORE ME! even if you are in Mercedes!

It grabs more eye balls than any other car in India.

Big Bazaar is a crowded place and Nano will surely tempt enough people to but it from some other showroom.

The best part is I see many young kids buying nano now , mind you quite stylish looking cool guys and girls from very decent families. Red nano looks damn hot . If it comes with a power steering I might buy 1 for my family .

A little O T but tata must do something like this for the strome too ,have it displayed in universities and office parks and offer test rides too .

Top Bottom