Ford Endeavour Catches Fire: Owner Burnt To Death

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member

In an unfortunate incident earlier today, well known local businessman and builder Mihir Panchal was burnt to death in his Ford Endeavour SUV. As per local media, the incident took place at about 11 AM today.

Locals say Mihir was travelling in his Ford Endeavour SUV, when the car caught fire. Mihir noticed that the car’s engine was on fire. He tried to get the car on the side of the road and stopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMcaGBBg8E#action=share

Read:

Re: Ford Endeavour catches fire – Owner burnt to death

SHocking, I hope this is properly investigated and the cause of the fire is found out, hopefully should be done with Govt agencies involved.

SHocking, I hope this is properly investigated and the cause of the fire is found out, hopefully should be done with Govt agencies involved.
Agreed. Unfortunately, the Govt agencies are rarely interested in making any such detailed investigations. The only hope I have here, is the family or insurance company would put a case against Ford and force an inquiry in the matter. It not a single incident anymore,with reports about similar incidents mentioned in the article. However, with a loss of life this time, I hope it will be taken seriously.

Shocking & Sad[sad]
can a fire in the car cause jamming and malfunctioning of the seat-belts?
if it can, this is so dangerous. It means in a case of fire a seat-belt can cause 100% death.This problem should be solved by car manufacturers.

bhvm

Honoured Member

This is quite alarming and sad.
I wonder why the owner didn't exit the vehicle before fire went out of control.
Assuming Electronics have failed and door locks / windows won't budge electronically, one can still open door locks from inside mechanically and exit.

Seatbelts do have pretensioners but they are always on the reel side, Not buckle side. I have never seen a car that jams seatbelts on Buckle side. There are issues if vehicle overturns and the weight/Strain of person hanging on belts do not allow unbuckling. In case seat-belt cutters should be used.

Really sad. The family of the deceased should put up a case against Ford and Ford should be penalized a big amount for such a disaster. This would deter Ford and all other manufacturers to take the testing of the car seriously. Also the service center should be checked. Many a times they are negligent and don't check the problems in a car properly.

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
A tragic end for the man whose new car become the villain of his life. No one anticipates such unexpected end of their own life.

Looks like in modern cars, one has to keep Knife and hammer etc to cut the seat belt or break the door /window glass, etc., in case something happens and we are in such a position not able to exit from the car. But, now the situation is that no one is there to explain what happened to the car/driver as Police also suspect a case of homicide.

Top Bottom