| | Delhi Police Welcomes Maruti SX4
- A signature of government officials, the Ambassador, is all set to be phased out pretty soon. The Delhi Police has decided to phase out Ambassador Cars completely and replace them with the Maruti SX4.
- Phasing out of the Ambassador has just started with the police department receiving twelve SX4s. Commissioner BK Gupta was the first to get his car replaced with a brand new SX4.
- The SX4s being provided to Delhi Police are equipped with a radio tag (for security reasons). This is the only difference in the features from the regular customer version.
- It may be recollected that the Army also submitted a proposal to replace their complete fleet of Ambassadors with SX4s in end 2010.
- The Government forms a majority customer base for the Ambassador; fact is, the Ambassador outsells all of HM-Mitsubishi's range of more modern cars (like the Cedia for instance). HM will not be happy with this news.