Special Edition Honda City, WR-V & BR-V Launched

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Honda Cars India has announced new special editions for three of its popular models including the Honda City, BR-V and WR-V. The special versions include the Honda City Edge Edition, Honda WR-V Alive Edition and the Honda BR-V Style Edition. Prices for the special editions range from ₹ 8.02 lakh for the WR-V, going up to ₹ 13.74 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom Delhi) for the BR-V. Each model gets a feature upgrade with the new special edition, and are available on specific variants of the respective cars. Honda says that the introduction of the new editions marks the beginning of festive sales in India.

Speaking about the special editions, Honda India, SVP & Director, Marketing & Sales, Rajesh Goel said, "With the onset of festive season, we are extremely delighted to offer the special editions of Honda WR-V, Honda City and Honda BR-V. We are confident that these will be appreciated by our customers for the enhanced value they offer."

Read:

Re: Honda Introduces Special Editions For City, WR-V & BR-V; Prices Start At ₹ 8.02 L

Wish wish wish one day our market matures that much that the auto industry surely would know what special edition or limited edition variants would mean rather then some sticker jobs attatched to current lineups.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I can understand rolling a special edition for W-RV & B-RV because neither of them are flying off the shelves. But why for a decent seller like CITY does Honda need a special edition / Limited Edition is beyond my understanding. If I compare, CITY Vs Verna, I can say that, I haven't even heard of any special edition or limited edition of Verna by Hyundai in present generation model.

As Vijay rightly said, limited editions should actually be worthy enough to be considered by buyers. But, it seems for majority, the size and appearance matter more than features.

The brands which are actively & often rolling out special editions of their models according to me are:

1) Maruti Suzuki: Not just the market leader of India but also a leader in rolling out festive & limited editions.

2) Volkswagen: Does anyone even recollect the right number of limited edition rolled out by them for the Vento & Polo? N number of editions.

3) Honda: Anniversary edition / Prestige edition / limited edition on earlier Amaze, City and now even for newer models.

4) Toyota: So far have seen limited editions of the Etios twins only.

As far as I remember, Hyundai has had 1 Anniversary edition only for the Creta and TML had WIZZ edition for Tiago and Buzz edition for Tigor so far in a span of 1.5 to 2 years. Apart from this, just see Ford's Signature edition of Eco Sport, it included a comparatively better feature like sunroof in Ecosport rather than stickers and seat covers.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom