Tata Indigo Manza launched; Now Test Driven as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
The new Tata Indigo will be unveiled in Mumbai on October 14th by Ratan Tata, Chairman, Tata Motors. The new Indigo will be christened ‘Manza’ and is essentially the saloon version of the Indica Vista.

The Manza comes with a huge boot and promises best in class interior space. Typical of Tata cars, the Manza promises to offer good value for money as it is expected to be packed with equipment. Some of the features that can be expected are projector headlamps and steering mounted audio controls. The dashboard design is similar to the Vista’s but will embellish with superior trim.

The Manza is expected with two engine options, the same that powers the Fiat Linea. The mainstay is expected to be the 1.3 litre, 90 bhp diesel while the 1.4 litre 95 bhp petrol will be the entry level model.

Prices are not yet announced but we estimate the base version of the Manza petrol to cost Rs 5.8 lakh while the top-end diesel should be in the region of Rs 7.4 lakh (on road, Mumbai).

Source: ACI

Drive Safe!
350Z

napster

Suspended
YUK!! looks like ****, this doesnt look like a model made by TATA, it looks like its made by some local mechanic

Looks disgusting to me. The design of the Indica Vista is such that a saloon version will not suit it. In fact, the Dzire has been made to look prettier, but somehow, this is just undigestable. Other aspects are fine.

BUt why TATA is not ready to come out of box?

They are always doing the same thing even after failures :(

Feel bad for what ever has happened & feeling worse for what ever is going to happen!!

It looks like boot attached to Vista :)

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
"Maa" n "Za"? Yeah!

So many negative comments for "Manza" are quite a surprise for me.
The car doesn't looks bad at all to me, and those who are having issues with the design of boot, They will slowly get used to it. Remember the initial days of Swift "dZire"? It received a lot of negative views and now the scenario is that its having 6 months long wait list! Anyways, I'm not saying that the "Manza" is going to repeat same,
Mr. Time knows that answe better.

The projector headlamps will be a welcome feature and first in its class!Hope they make it! The interior of Indica "Vista" are already nice so they should do the job but I won't mind a change.

The most dissappointing thing which I don't like by Tata Motors is soo many models of Indigo, Okay, I understand more the models are more options the buyer gets but why are they so closely priced and that with some big difference. Mr. Tata should consider discontinuing older models and make room for newer ones so that they can be competitively priced.

EDIT: Here is a better pic of boot from same source.

Drive Safe!
350Z

I second you 350Z, its not a bad looking car. The only problem is that it looks way too similar to the previous Indigo versions.

From the pics, the only difference i notice is the headlights and the tail lights.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
@whackedonce,
Difference is noticable actually;

Indigo CS (Below)

Indigo Manza (Above)

Drive Safe!
350Z

Vibhor thanks for the pics!

The back looks pretty cool & it looks good for my eyes!

But please remove the side look pic as it is really creating buzz in my mind :)

@whackedonce,
Difference is noticable actually;..............................

Indigo CS has smaller boot! [evil]

This picture justifies my post

I always liked the Indica Vista. In fact i like the Manza too!!

pic taken from google. Copyright respective owners. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
Nope, I didn't meant that.
You said that all the difference is Head and Taillamps, So I posted an image of Indigo to show that difference is much more than that, Which includes the Design of door etc which is actually taken from its hatchback counterpart. [:)]

Drive Safe!
350Z

Looks way too much better than the older indigos.
Its much compact and classy looking car, I'm waiting for the launch! [cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom