Mahindra Plans To Discontinue Verito Sedan, Verito Vibe, Xylo & Nuvo-Sport

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Mahindra seems to be planning to discontinue Verito Sedan, Verito Vibe, Xylo & Nuvo-Sport.​

New Delhi: Home grown auto major Mahindra & Mahindra is reportedly planning to discontinue its not-so-well performing vehicles which include Verito, Vibe, Xylo and Nuvosport, according to reports.

Besides low sales, the impending introduction of new emission norms are said to have influenced Mahindra to take this decision. The Bharat State VI norms will come into effect on April 1, 2020.
Link

Regards

Akash

Mahindra needs to align their design studio with Pininfarina & Ssanyong, the current set of designers at Mahindra are living under cave and yet to see the world. Mahindra has lot of potential but their orthodox thinking needs change. More surprisingly, they are witnessing Tata rising from the grave and zooming past them still no action is seen at Mahindra.

I really want Mahindra to rise and stand at par with international brands. Same for Tata.

PS: Some may point out at XUV7oo as Mahindra's new design language, but let me tell them its not their product. They are bringing ready made product from Ssangyong.

They had a beautiful platform based on the Logan and instead of continuing with the same old car, they should have spun out more sedans and hatchbacks thus giving more models and economics of scale. They wasted a good opportunity to get a foot hold on the cars segment.

They had a beautiful platform based on the Logan and instead of continuing with the same old car, they should have spun out more sedans and hatchbacks thus giving more models and economics of scale. They wasted a good opportunity to get a foot hold on the cars segment.
I completely agree with you, but it seems mahindra is more focusing on their urban UV,SUV and larger vehicles rather then improving their portfolio for hatchbacks and sedans, a all new sedan with robust built and remaped 1.5L diesel engine would have surely hit the market very well but they are more intrested in their current range of vehicles which are their primary earners.

I think they are trying to remove the slow selling cars, to concentrate more on newer versions. Nuvosport was the second chance for the Quanto, but both did not pick up much in terms of market interest and sale. The Xylo, was a decent product when it was launched, but never clicked well due to its looks and now its too dated. Also, I think the Xylo and the Nuvosport were on the older platform, from which the other cars have been upgraded. Keeping these two cars running on the old platform, or upgrading them to the new platform is not lucrative enough.

Logan is a good platform, and though they are discontinuing the Verito and Vibe, I think it will be still kept alive by the e-Verito. The e-Verito is an important product for Mahindra also considering the upcoming new contract by EESL for another 10000 cars. They would still be using the Verito platform, but I think they are discontinuing the use of the K9K engine and power train.

Logan is a good platform, and though they are discontinuing the Verito and Vibe, I think it will be still kept alive by the e-Verito. The e-Verito is an important product for Mahindra also considering the upcoming new contract by EESL for another 10000 cars. They would still be using the Verito platform, but I think they are discontinuing the use of the K9K engine and power train.
Agreed. Paying huge sum tobuy engines from Renault will be expensive affair. They should have replaced the engine with their own one.
Similarly, as you said, they plan to play the electric sector. They said that they would develop a new sub 4-meter sedan to participate in the electric car tender. So that means they are going to get a new car on the same platform to gain tax benefits. So I think the Platform will be very much alive.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I think its a wise time to play with a D-segment sedan.
Something with a 1.99L Diesel with 160 Hp on tap should do fine. Mahindra had something called XUV aero concept with 2.2 engine. The similar design language, Stretched wheelbase with proper 4 doors and a large boot should do the trick.

With closure of Chevy cruze 2.0 there seems a decent gap in D segment if people want something different than German/Japanese stuff.

I think they are trying to remove the slow selling cars, to concentrate more on newer versions. Nuvosport was the second chance for the Quanto, but both did not pick up much in terms of market interest and sale. The Xylo, was a decent product when it was launched, but never clicked well due to its looks and now its too dated. Also, I think the Xylo and the Nuvosport were on the older platform, from which the other cars have been upgraded. Keeping these two cars running on the old platform, or upgrading them to the new platform is not lucrative enough.

XYLO is the only car that can occupy 8 adults comfortably. Also XYLO has good sales figure atleast for TAXI purpose.
Although the platform in old and need to revamped, Mahindra should upgrade XLYO with little new features.

XYLO is the only car that can occupy 8 adults comfortably. Also XYLO has good sales figure atleast for TAXI purpose.
Although the platform in old and need to revamped, Mahindra should upgrade XLYO with little new features.
Mahindra is about to launch their MPV in mostly second quater of 2018 which would be a replacement for their Xylo, so i dont think they would be looking to upgrade or do anything for xylo as of now.

Top Bottom