Tata Motors To Showcase Sedan Concept @ Geneva Motor Show 2018

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
WOW
I am sure it will be a Top Notch product.
I think TML is a little late into the C segment cars, but its never too late,i hope they turn the concept car to production car a.s.a.p.
Wait until unveil buddy. In all possibility, it would be based on the Impact Design Language and would compete with the likes of the CITY & Verna which are toughest competition. As far as realizing the concept to a actual product is concerned, the timeline will depend on many factors and policies. But seeing the success of the recent launches from TML like Nexon, Tiago etc. this product also can be a success if everything falls in the right place.

Regards

Akash

Tata Sedan Concept To Debut at Geneva Motor Show

It could be a sedan based on the Alfa (AMP) platform and the Honda City rival

Tata-Sedan-Concept-Teaser.jpg

After making jaws drop with the H5X and 45X concepts at Auto Expo 2018, Tata is ready to drop another bombshell, in the form of a new sedan. The company has released a teaser of the concept that'll make its global debut at the 2018 Geneva motor show.

Tata has been mulling a Honda City-fighter for some time, now; and in its 20th appearance, in Geneva, it will pull the covers off of a new sedan that is based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP) that also forms the basis for the 45X hatchback.

Like with other new Tata offerings, design is set to be a key differentiator, for the sedan. While it will be as long as its rival-in-chief (4.4 metres) it will break away from the conventional three-box shape and have a more dramatic, coupé-like roofline.

Tata's new Impact 2.0 design language promises ‘segment-leading wheel sizes’ and ‘strong fenders’ for an enhanced road presence and you can expect to see the same on this new car. It'll also feature a prominent, three-dimensional ‘humanity line’ – which is Tata-speak for the styling element underlining the grille and headlights – which has been applied to a stunning effect on the 45X.

Despite its swoopy appearance, though, the sedan will be as spacious and practical as you'd expect a Tata to be. It will be roomy, have a sizeable boot and get the latest in-car connectivity.

Tata is likely to equip the production version of the sedan with more powerful versions of its Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines; and in addition to a manual gearbox, the carmaker could also look at offering a dual-clutch transmission, as an option. In the future, Tata could possibly develop a hotter JTP-badged version, of the same, along with a variant that features some form of electrification.

However, this project – which will require an estimated investment of Rs 400 crore – has not yet been given the green light for production. This hinges on the approval of the Tata Motors board.

Tata will unveil the sedan concept on March 6, 2018. Previously, the company has used the Geneva show to debut important new concepts – such as the Hexa and the Tamo Racemo.

Source:ACI

Yeah! here it comes with blazing guns [gun]

Amazing concept or I can say the design of the car which matches the monster Mustang face.

I still remember Dr. Tim Leverton words he said a few years ago - Currently, we are loading & when we will start firing it will be a huge firework.

Way to Go Tata[:D]

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Amazing concept or I can say the design of the car which matches the monster Mustang face.

I still remember Dr. Tim Leverton words he said a few years ago - Currently, we are loading & when we will start firing it will be a huge firework.
Knowing the fact that Nexon & Tigor came straight from expo 2016 on to the roads with very minor tweaks to design I am hoping even this one will be a great one! Hats Off to the designing team of TML. I am very sure @Pratap Bose will be geared up to launch yet another futuristic design. I witnessed the craze, buzz and loads of appreciation when the H5X and 45X were unveiled at our Expo this year so hoping this one will get even bigger. For many year TML was missing a true competitor to the likes of CITY, Verna & CIAZ so I hope this one proves to be a immensely successful effort too. I feel the year 2019 would be the busiest one for TML with likes of H5X, 45X and might be this one too coming in our market.

Regards

Akash

Sure TATA is on right path, but they delay launch of their car, which help other manufacturers to jump in and create a benchmark.

If TATA has to reimage their name then they will have to fill up the segment gaps quickly.

Top Bottom