Ford Fiesta Classic – Cheaper Variant of Fiesta

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
After the lauch of next gen Fiesta, the current fiesta will be stripped out and renamed Fiesta Classic.

The current Fiesta will undergo some changes. The car will be stripped down substantially to reduce the prices.

Visible changes on the car include black body plastics in certain places such as mirrors and door handles. The number plate garnish too gets the black plastic treatment. The Fiesta in its new avatar will try to fill in the boots of the Ikon by providing an affordable, yet capable car to value seekers and taxi operators.

Re: Fiesta Classic spied testing

I too saw a new test vehicle on the Chennai - tindivanam highway 2 months back. It looked more like the Ford Focus.

But, I somehow doubt the new version will be as VFM as the ikon was. Diesel ikon at 6.2 lakh on-road after discounts was a great buy for a comfortable diesel sedan with very good handling and wonderful mileage.

I was really sad to see the ikon phased-out. Another good vehicle stopped (the other similar ones were Esteem & Qualis).

But, I somehow doubt the new version will be as VFM as the ikon was. Diesel ikon at 6.2 lakh on-road after discounts was a great buy for a comfortable diesel sedan with very good handling and wonderful mileage.
Holysatan, i think you mistook Fiesta Classic for New Fiesta.
The Fiesta Classic is the same fiesta which is selling in india. Since Ford will be launching the new Fiesta soon and it doesnt want to discontinue the current one, Fiesta has decided to strip down the current version and launch it as Fiesta Classic when the new Fiesta arrives on shores.

thanks for pointing that out Akash. Actually what I meant was the current fiesta but then I had it typed wrong. my bad!

late night's office stay took toll on me yesterday i guess[glasses]

But still, I somehow did not like the fiesta (current model) when compared to ikon. The butchy looks and stance were missing

The current Fiesta has plain looks but when it comes to driving pleasure, it beats some of the hot selling sedans of the segment(read Honda City). I myself have experienced the pleasure of driving Fiesta which i must admit had a better driving pleasure than my City or ANHC.
However with a stripped down version, i fear it will get more popular among cabbies.

350Z

Core Team

I can definitely sense of how classical the Fiesta Classic is going to be. Just a bare basic version of the Fiesta, with an attempt to kill most of the features which were happily thrown in earlier. Expecting an even lower variant than EXi and certainly the 1.6 variants will be discontinued, but then, it’s now a good time for those who always wanted to purchase Fiesta 1.6S because dealers will be ready to offer a fair amount of cash discount. On one hand, I am glad that all new Fiesta is launching soon but on the other, it’s bad to see the existing Fiesta going out with such fate. Reminds me the story when Ford discontinued ikon 1.8 in order to prevent conflict with Fiesta, as they say after all you get what you give.

Fiesta+Classic+2.jpg
Courtesy: Anythingonwheels.blogspot.com

Drive Safe,
350Z

Anyday, the Fiesta classic would be a hit not only among cabbies but also with the people who always wanted to buy this sedan which has been well known for its superb handling and driveabilty.
I feel the 1.6L motor would definitely be continued and the fuel efficient 1.4L would do the job.

Oh so the test car i saw is the Fiesta classic!! I was wondering why a Fiesta was being tested now!

I somehow feel it will be a hit only with the cabbies , for personal use in entry level sedans one would still prefer the ever reliable MS Dzire even though its costlier!

350Z

Core Team
People are now equally value for money conscious. They will never choose a car unless it has the features justified for its price tag, no matters how big the car is.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Exactly Classic version of Fiesta will eat up sales of Indigo.

This is one way of marketing the same car with different appeal for range of buyers!

Any ways if whatever we see above is true, I am waiting for the final specs of the car with its price.

With the Fiesta classic launch tomorrow, it seems like the New Fiesta is just round the corner. However i will definitely miss the 1.6S variant which will be discontinued for the current Fiesta.

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic – Cheaper Variant of Fiesta

Ohh yeah...
The current 1.6S is one mean machine. When and how can we find an aquarius blue. [cry]

Top Bottom