Maruti Suzuki's All New Compact Car: 2019

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki releases the teaser to a all new compact car.

Maruti Suzuki teases Concept FutureS ahead of 2018 Auto Expo debut; New design language for a new compact car segment
Maruti Suzuki Baleno and new generation Maruti Suzuki Swift. Expect the platform to be adoptable to electric powertrain as well and the is likely to be powered by a 1.2L petrol and 1.5L diesel engine options.
velys.jpg

The report also suggest that the Future S is over 200 mm shorter than Vitara Brezza in length and the car is expected to make its market debut in 2019. The segment will also ensure more volumes to the company.

The car will sit below Vitara Brezza and could be in a all new segment.

the production version of Future S to be built on the Suzuki's ‘Heartect’ platform that also underpins the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and new generation Maruti Suzuki Swift.

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki's All New Compact Car - 2019

Nice design cues ! Actually this would be a non-Nexa ignis it seems . The design is a straight lift from suzuki XBee and the swift at the rear . Unlike other Maruti suzuki cars if this stays true to its concept I guess it would be beautiful .
IMG_20180108_103128.jpg

I have a feeling this would be a competitor to the Renault Kwid, taking into consideration its size. Being 200mm shorter than the Brezza, it would be in the 3.7-3.8m range. This would be little bigger than the Ignis, but smaller than the Baleno and Swift. However, I think this would be a Maruti Suzuki Product and not sold as a Nexa product, as it has been showcased as a Maruti Suzuki Design. This may fit in between the Wagon R and the Ignis, with more space.
I am sure the concept design shown in the first post, would not be the one that would actually come to India. Many cars have proved it that 2/3 door hatchbacks never work in India. With the new regulations coming, we can expect quite a few high sellers from Maruti's lower segment getting discontinued in the near future. This would make space for new cars in the segment and that would be where this car would fit in.

Maruti Suzuki Concept S

Hii all I am creating this thread in the wake of the teaser that has been released by MS for there new compact SUV/Hatchback. I saw the video on youtube and speculations are it will be a under 4m car with cross-over styling and underpinned by the heartect platform and will slot in below the brezza in maruti hierarchy.
NOTE:- I am sorry for not being able to get a link to the video.

Top Bottom