The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2017: Your Voice. Your Choice.

The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2017 Award Goes To...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team

A very Happy New Year to all the TAI-gers. Previous year has been action packed for the Indian automotive industry and 2018 looks even more promising. Started as a humble effort to encourage new advancements and quality products in the Indian automobile industry, TAI-COTY awards have come a long way since their inception.

Here's what makes TAI-COTY different from all other COTY awards that India has ever witnessed:
  • There is no secluded jury. Consumers’. i.e: Yours, and only yours, voice counts here.
  • The results are based on a transparent real-time public poll. Anyone can see who has voted for what car.
  • This is not just another online award. As an industry first, the winner is duly recognized with an actual trophy.

You are free to cast the vote for a car of your own choice. But we do recommend taking into account the following aspects that a typical Indian car buyer looks for:

• Fuel Efficiency
  • Value For Money
  • Looks and Design
  • Safety and Security
  • Comfort and Features
  • Engine and Performance
  • Brand image and after-sales support

Note:
  • Only all-new cars launched in India between Jan 1, 2017 to Dec 31, 2017 are nominated.
  • Mere facelifts do not qualify. High-end cars are kept out too considering minor market share.
  • As always, this poll is open for a period of complete one month (From Jan 1, 2018 – Jan 31, 2018).
  • The result will be announced thereafter followed by the award handing-over ceremony to the winner.
  • All registered members can cast a vote. If you're unregistered and wish to vote, please register first (it's quick and free).

A snapshot of some beautiful memories of the past. Let's make this edition bigger than ever. [thumbsup]

4. Memories.jpg

UPDATE: The Automotive India Car of The Year 2017 is Tata Nexon! Please head on to Page 8 for complete details.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2017: Nominees

And the nominees are...

Honda WR-V

Honda WR-V.jpg

Hyundai Verna

Hyundai-Verna.jpg

Isuzu MU-X

Isuzu MUX.jpg

Jeep Compass

Jeep-Compass.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Dzire

Maruti-Dzire.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Ignis

Maruti-Ignis.jpg

Renault Captur

Renault-Captur.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq

Skoda-Kodiaq.jpg

Tata Hexa

Tata-Hexa.jpg

Tata Nexon

Tata-Nexon.jpg

Tata Tigor

Tata-Tigor.jpg

Toyota Prius

Toyota-Prius.jpg

Volkswagen Passat

Volkswagen-Passat.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan

Volkswagen-Tiguan.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Voted for the Skoda Kodiaq!

The attention to detail and the overall quality puts cars two segments above to shame. I agree the ASS is not the best, but neither are those of the more expensive Germans.

Voted for Hyundai Verna.

It combines "Safety, Style, Aesthetics, Practicality, and VFM" with Performance. With Hyundai sitting pretty at "Top in 2017 JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey", it is hard to ignore it.

My Verna is five years old and is TOTALLY niggle FREE. THAT is another reason to vote for 2017 Verna.

If I can pick a 2nd and 3rd candidates, it will be the Nexon followed by Jeep Compass.

Wish you all a very Happy, Prosperous and Victorious New Year, my fellow TAI Members. Have a great year.

[clap] to Vibhor for bringing this thread at the stroke of New Year.

Last edited:
I own the next gen verna 2017. Great features and engine totally let down by poor spares availability from Hyundai. Complaining to Hyundai is of no avail.

Hyundai does not get spares from factory but from a separate company called Mobis. Parts can take 6 weeks to arrive and hyundai is helpless.

Perceived quality of hyundai is high thanks to their great marketing. No wonder they get icoty every year and JD power award as well. It is a great marketing engine that Hyundai has.

Would vote for Jeep Compass or Maruti Dzire

Last edited:
Voted for TATA Hexa for its solid build quality (suspension, thud sound from doors, etc). Even though it looks a lot like the Aria, still some changes to the engine, tail light, alloys, plastic cladding etc make this car more muscular than the bigger and bulkier looking old Aria. And the competitive pricing makes the Hexa more VFM than any other.

My Second Vote would be for Skoda Kodiaq for its features especially its LED headlights with the integrated turn indicators. And not to forget its car like SUV nature.

Voted for Jeep Compass, love the stance, and SUV looks, a true blue RWD 4*4, will I own one?

For that my money will go to Nexon D AMT.

Thanks vibhor for TAI COTY.

Regards
Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I find Tata Hexa to be a great all-round product. Has much more VFM (Value for Money) quotient in my view. The off-roading abilities of Hexa are very good and the price at which it is being offered at present makes it a very worthy option to choose. My vote for Hexa.

It was actually a difficult decision for me to choose between the 3 worthy Tata Cars i.e Tigor, Nexon & Hexa as I love the Tigor for what it actually offers, love the Nexon for it's contemporary design and features and Hexa, the big daddy SUV for it's all round packaging as product. So to avoid being biased towards the Tigor (as an owner), I went ahead with Hexa.

Regards

Akash

kkn13

Suspended
Jeep Compass and Verna imho
Most complete packages for the price and have a tonne of features
There is no compromise/cost cutting anywhere and international spec too
Im surprised no Ecosport or Tucson here, they deserve a mention too

WRV also was close in my eyes but its engine and transmission options are a huge let down
else a fine car

MUX is too utilitarian and a niche product

Dzire is just an update, nothing extraordinary and its not aimed for the same either

Ignis is an underrated car but it has big shoes to fill (Ritz) and I personally feel the Ritz is a tough car to replace

Captur is a let down, they just needed to update interiors and give a proper AT and they didnt deliver

Kodiaq is also a letdown, high price tag and poor engine

Tiguan too, didnt feel as good as Tucson especially engine department and lack of basic features in comfortline whereas even base Tucson is more feature loaded

Hexa is a decent package but a bit overhyped
I think the increased price of Innova when it became Crysta is to play here, else I personally didnt feel anything different about the car especially various niggles in TD vehicles

Nexon looks great but imho doesnt manage to beat the Ecosport overall and once again niggles dont help and Indica resemblance is underwhelming

Tigor looked good in pictures, but in person its side profile just looks odd. Indica resemblance is ugly in my eyes

Prius- Im a die hard Toyota fan but Prius looks rather ugly and overpriced

Passat- outdated model launched as part of dumping in India. Rather buy Superb if going German

^^ Just my personal views

Frankly Jeep compass and Ford Ecosport deserve the top spot

Its the Tata Hexa for me. A real evolution from Tata and a mindblowing product at a mindblowing price which exposes the Innova. Jeep Compass is also really good but feels a bit over priced. The road presence of Jeep Compass is terrific IMO. Wish there was an award for best design of the year. Would have chosen the Tigor eyes closed. The sloping up front, those blackened sports car like headlights, amazing rear section it feels like a sports sedan to me. Coupled with the manageable size, humungous boot, mouth watering price is irresistible.

Last edited:
Jeep Compass was definitely the highlight of 2017 followed by Tata Hexa and Nexon, great products. I like Hyundai Verna also, stunning design and good quality product.

I am still to vote, confused among these contenders. May vote for Hexa, an all rounder and extreme vfm package.

Jeep Compass is gaining this much traction among enthusiasts and I'm happy to see that. It has got the support of 'Jeep' brand with it. I wonder how many would have treated Compass like today if it was a 'FIAT' branded car.

For me Tata Hexa is a car that tries to build a brand back from the ashes. Great car for the money and aided with supremely comfortable ride, balanced road manners backed by ever improving TML A.S.S. My vote goes for this 20 lakh TML car.

Voted for TATA Hexa !! an excellent offering from TATA with loaded features and superb build quality and ride comfort and more importantly its really VFM at the price its being offered.

Top Bottom