Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki expands the Celerio family, adds bold, sporty and trendy CelerioX

All-set to delight the young-aspirational buyers with the new design

38056725161_d36f828ebf_k.jpg

38003326796_93e8245cda_k.jpg

Untitled.png

New Delhi, December 1, 2017: Maruti Suzuki India today launched the bold, sporty and trendy CelerioX, which will excite the young, progressive and aspirational buyers.

CelerioX sports an aerodynamic design and features a newly designed X-theme based graphic around the grille in front. Protective cladding on side body and rear bumper and skid plate details on rear, complete the aggressive look. Use of high gloss black accentuation on tastefully designed details like grille, fog garnish, clads, roof garnish and interior accents makes an upfront style statement. The blacked out B-pillar is another trendy inclusion to the overall package.

With the all-new CelerioX, Maruti Suzuki is confident that this would give a big boost to the brand Celerio, a synonym of modern and progressive design and technology. Maruti Suzuki has sold over 300,000 units of Celerio in India so far.

celerioX

Introducing CelerioX, Mr R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, “Celerio has successfully carved a unique position for itself in the competitive compact car segment. With CelerioX, Maruti Suzuki aims to give this well-accepted model a bold, stylish and sporty makeover as per the changing preferences of young and social savvy consumers. We are confident that CelerioX will enhance the brand and bring in younger customers.”

CelerioX is designed for car enthusiasts who love to flaunt their individuality through their cars. Launched in 2014, brand Celerio was the first Indian car with the revolutionary Auto Gear Shift (AGS) technology. The all-new CelerioX will also have the auto gear shift option in all its variants.

CelerioX comes with all new Paprika Orange as its signature colour. The colour is reminiscent of the youthful energy and symbolizes sportiness. The solid colour married with matte and glossy black help define the character lines and bring out the product character sharply. The customers will get to choose more colours for CelerioX, which include: Arctic White, Glistening Grey, Caffeine Brown and Torque Blue.

The new all black interiors with white accents bring the sportier edge into the interior, perfectly complementing the exterior. The black seat trims are spiced with Orange accents to heighten the sporty character of the vehicle.

CelerioX comes with standard driver-side airbag. It is also equipped with a driver side seat belt reminder, an important part of the safety package. This will encourage use of seat belts. Passenger air bags and ABS are offered as an optional variant across all trims.

Recently, Maruti Suzuki launched the new Celerio with a new front fascia and refreshed interiors. Now, CelerioX will further strength the family.
Regards

Akash

Maruti Suzuki expands the Celerio family, adds bold, sporty and trendy CelerioX

All-set to delight the young-aspirational buyers with the new design

View attachment 235872

View attachment 235873

View attachment 235874

Regards

Akash
This is obnoxiously ridiculous, first I thought it was a rendering, celerio x,

I'm sure this will add 2/3k to the sales charts.

NB: 120mm GC for a pseudo SUV, hahaha what a joke, mind you our junta still laps up these, as their only criteria is resale value, the second owner is the biggest idiot for me.

This looks hideous. The regular Celerio, even though a bit bland, has a clean and inoffensive styling. This edition makes the original one appear a lot better. Still, as said, people will happily lap it up owing to the badge.

And, as for that 120mm ground clearance, it is most probably the laden GC, quoted as per the new norms. So, the actual unladen GC should be the same as the regular Celerio, which I believe is 165mm.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Looks a bit funky, maybe its because Im a millenial and millenials are the target customer
Does look a bit aftermarket but for the price and for such an otherwise bland car, not too bad

2 minutes silence to the designers who were forced to bring it out :(

Irony is that it may add another 1000 units to the celerio's monthly sales .

3 lakh units in ~4 years is just average for a Maruti low price hatch back .

Nairrk

Honoured Member
They have not added anything in the feature list like a touch screen infotainment system. May be they dont want to increase the price heavily by adding any additional features. Thought, they should have improved the features to match Tiago..??

Although Celerio X is no match to Tiago in overall safety , stability and VFM, it definitely looks better than existing Celerio. I can see it selling as much as the Celerio.

Thread Starter #9

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I see this as a reasonable option for those who don't like Ignis (for looks & price). The only downside I see is the (o) variants. Why can't MSIL give standard safety across the variants? If Ignis base model can have standard safety feature then why not Celerio? And as always, the high waiting periods for the "O" variants will play the trick. Look wise the front could be more subtle. There was a chance to reintroduce the diesel Celerio with the staple 1.3 DDIS and definitely then Ignis diesel could have seen some fall in it's numbers. Ignis for me is the most overpriced hatchback by MSIL.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #11

Akash1886

Honoured Member
It's high time TML brings the Tiago cross/sports and kill this ugly iteration of Celerio.
Something like the Tiago design shown at Expo 2016 and the icing on the cake will be 1.5 Diesel mill.

20160205_124946.jpg

20160205_125131.jpg

Seeing this one I feel, the day isn't too far when we'll see a Wagon R cross too. In the name of portfolio expansion such steps don't really make that much of difference but it is a Maruti at end of the day.

Regards

Akash

Something like the Tiago design shown at Expo 2016 and the icing on the cake will be 1.5 Diesel mill.

Seeing this one I feel, the day isn't too far when we'll see a Wagon R cross too. In the name of portfolio expansion such steps don't really make that much of difference but it is a Maruti at end of the day.

Regards

Akash
This was called the Tiago Aktiv, and if I remember correctly, that body kit was planned to be introduced as a dealer-level add-on. But I guess it was never introduced. Now with this launch, hope TML reconsiders it. :biggrin:

kkn13

Suspended
Ignis for me is the most overpriced hatchback by MSIL.
Compared with Tiago? Unlikely its only marginally more expensive and gives a much better set of engines in terms of performance, reliability and NVH levels and AMT in petrol and diesel. better driving position, more space for rear passengers
Even though I dont like AMT, its good to have options

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Then how is Ignis overpriced? Surely it has some benchmark, its not exclusive like Tesla's lineup

Top Bottom