BEWARE! Car Manufacturer's Logos are Getting Stolen

Thread Starter #1
This thread is to make everyone aware & cautious about the theft of manufacturer's logos from the cars. I am seeing many Skodas, BMWs, VWs & Toyotas without logos in Pune. In few instances the logos were being stolen by school kids just to have a collection of it. [surprise] But it is believed that mostly the accessories market is behind this theft & car owners may end up buying their own logo again from the accessories shops [embarass] The price of original logos for some brands is quite high.
The thieves are stealing even the Chevrolet, Hyundai & Suzuki logos.

Can there be any precautions to avoid these thefts? For VW Polo, the rear logo has the mechanism for opening the boot lid.
I agree that cars look very ugly without the logos but people should refrain from re-purchasing it if they lose the logos for some time. This theft will reduce only when there will be no demand for the logos.

@Mods: Please merge this thread if already exists. Also request you to move it to appropriate category if required.

Yes i too see many cars without logo these days and the most common being VW!

But i think nobody would refrain from buying a new one again because everybody wants their car to look perfect!

This is an old story. Our DZire's front and rear logo was stolen 3-4 times since we brought the car. So finally got frustrated with these and made a chrome sticker logo (DIY) for the rear; after it was lost.[evil]

DZire.jpg

Though it looks cheap but no option for this![cry]

well for big car logos i can understand about theft but why are logos of marutis, hyundais, mahindras are also getting stolen?? am sure it can't only be kids who want to collect them! @gears, good job buddy.

Auto drives do contribute alot to manufacturer logo theft

seen many autos in Bangalore with Hyundai, Suzuki, honda, and even indica v2 logo badges

last week seen a auto with logo on back telling FIGO Titanium [clap]

Guys not only of car's is being stolen.

A week back my cousins logo of Bajaj from the head lamp of Pulsar was stolen.

And the logo is not available at dealership on enquiry.

Now it's posing with the gum mark of Bajaj.

Its really sad to see a vehicle without the logo. Completely ruins the look. Most of these logos find their way onto the sides and backs of vehicles like Tempo-Travellers, cabs and autos.

Slightly :offtopic:. Last week saw a Tempo-Traveller on ORR, in front of Accenture office with Suzuki wheel caps. Mostly lifted off from a Swift or something.

Leave all those, But an bus with Merc C class logo

Err... god.. these dignified logos are stolen or bought for cheap rates somewhere & installed in stupid autos, cabs & buses !!

OEM Logos getting stolen is a bit of concern now a days. My friend's Indica V2, another friend's Skoda Octy, and my cousin's OHC; had their logos stolen.

Few months back, I was in Dombivli-East visiting friends, and had taken our ANHC. I had parked parallel just next to his building. When I did go to the car to fetch my USB pendrive, I saw a young man fiddling with my car's front logo ( the one on the grill ) with a sharp looking object ( maybe a knife ). And watching me unlock the car, he started to flee. I ran after him, tackled him, punched him left right and middle, and hurled abuses ( not typical of me ), and created a scene.

Logo was intact save a small scratch near the top.

Leave all those, But an bus with Merc C class logo

Err... god.. these dignified logos are stolen or bought for cheap rates somewhere & installed in stupid autos, cabs & buses !!
Everytime i see a rick with a three-pointed star, i can't help but cringe at the thought that somewhere a Merc must be missing a star [frustration]

OEM Logos getting stolen is a bit of concern now a days
Couldn't agree with you more buddy, our family fiesta just lost her ford oval in a matter of 2 mins. My cousin was driving and we heard a loud bang behind the car. So we stopped to check and it was a bike guy who'd been side-swiped by a rick. Suddenly, we notice someone fiddling near the grille and the logo is gone. The guy had melted in the crowd and we felt like ****. How i wish to catch hold of these guys and give them a good thrashing.

Sorry about the ranting. Just don't understand the point behind such vandalism.

@ Mukesh I also face the same problem , even that logo is missing in my bike![frustration]

Looking at all these cases i feel lucky! No cases of any theft in any of the cars we had till now except the spare wheel cover of our Safari which got stolen!

Every alternate VW or Skoda I see, the logos are stolen. Surprising to see suzuki's logo being stolen. Some months back skoda/VW in Pune was distributing their logos for free.

Seems like this has become a business nowadays and brand doesn't matter.

Recently i was in my hometown Mumbai and even in my colony which is very safe I saw a few cars with their badge stolen. A friend of mine had their Honda badge stolen.

Top Bottom