Tata Nexon vs Ford Ecosport vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Honda WRV vs Mahindra TUV300

Your Choice in Sub 4M category of SUV's

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
The hottest segment in India currently and after most of the manufacturers jumping in the segment with there new or updated vehicles to take the pie which they deserve. So am opening and creating this thread to discuss the positives & negatives of the mentioned vehicle offered by different manufacturers.

The war of sub-4M SUV's
Tata Nexon vs Ford Ecosport vs Maruti Vitatra Brezza vs Honda WRV vs Mahindra TUV300 vs Hyundai I20 active vs others
Which one is your choice and please comment below with your reasons, observations and parameters

I voted for Tata Nexon for the following positives:

Good powerful engines
Fresh design & great looks
Interior quality
Build quality not a tin can
Value For Money
Harman infotainment system sound quality with ease of buttons as well
BS VI compliant engines with added upgrades

My second choice would be Ecosport :

Macho Looks
Combination of Dragon petrol engine with AT gearbox
Six airbags on top variant

Re: Tata Nexon vs Ford Ecosport vs Vitatra Brezza vs Honda WRV vs Mahindra TUV300

My first choice/i would have voted for TATA Nexon but I voted for the Mahindra TUV 300 for its solid build feel than any other of the lot. Still i like the Nexon's unique design that none others have it and TATA's reliability but when it comes to SUV it must look tough and more mean to the oncoming traffic and it must stand out from the crowd.

And both TATA Nexon and Mahindra TUV 300 would be my choice when it was a multi poll thread.

Re: Tata Nexon vs Ford Ecosport vs Vitatra Brezza vs Honda WRV vs Mahindra TUV300

Thanks Vaibhav for starting this thread, you have included most of the Compact SUV's in a prospective buyers radar.

I'm sure Nexon will be a sure winner, for it's nifty design VFM and price, which is one of the main criteria to own a car.

I have voted for the Nexon though I may/may not buy it. Hands down the most VFM in this segment. It deserves to do well.

I have voted for Tata Nexon for its futuristic design, premium feel interiors, Herman sound quality,all new powerful petrol and diesel engines.
This is going to be my first car [:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

A good thread to begin[clap]. Much needed there due to spiced up competition in the popular segment. I do have a suggestion, in the poll, instead of i20 Active, Hyundai Creta would have been a rather correct choice. Also, the Honda WR-V is just a border line case when it comes to C-SUV segment to be honest.

Regards

Akash

I voted for the Ford Ecosport, keeping in mind the petrol engine. Had it been the diesel, the vote may have gone for the Nexon.

I find the Ecosport as a great package, with a superb petrol engine, 6 speed AT, and the best safety kit on offer in the segment. The 6 airbags, ESP , Hill start assist, and the great handling makes the Ecosport stand out.

The Nexon would be my next choice, with the great work by Tata, to improve their product and service quality and amazing engines. It is a great value for money package, and I understand it would be too much to ask , if we expect them to match the Ecosport in terms of features in this price.

Thread Starter #8

Thanks Vaibhav for starting this thread, you have included most of the Compact SUV's in a prospective buyers radar.

I'm sure Nexon will be a sure winner, for it's nifty design VFM and price, which is one of the main criteria to own a car.
My pleasure to take the opportunity for this thread and the best part that you liked it [:)]

A good thread to begin[clap]. Much needed there due to spiced up competition in the popular segment. I do have a suggestion, in the poll, instead of i20 Active, Hyundai Creta would have been a rather correct choice. Also, the Honda WR-V is just a border line case when it comes to C-SUV segment to be honest.

Regards

Akash
Thanks, Akash. I am with you on i20 active and WR-V borderline case however it is still getting into the list of buyers for the segment thus I included in the poll.

And the same was for Creta however as the thread/poll is for Sub 4M SUV so Creta will have to compete with biggies in length, still, anyone can choose the option "other" and specify Creta, Duster or likes

My reason of opening/creating this thread is to compare the buying list/preferences and we can discuss the positives or negatives of the vehicle which will help a lot of prospective buyers to take their decisions with the help of the comments from the members. Another big reason was to eliminate the possibilities of cross/out of topic discussions which generally takes place in the thread of a specific product to altogether a different tangent or product.
Hope this thread will do it for the purpose it is created and I need support from all the TAIgers.

Happy Motoring [drive]

Thanks & Regards
Vaibhav Kassrija

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended

My choice is the Ecosport followed by the WRV

Ecosport offers features, quality which even segments above it dont offer. It has a balance of everything and is fairly well priced. Most importantly , it offers an excellent torque converter AT though only with the petrol engine.
AMTs in Nexon, Brezza(upcoming) and TUV300 will never match a torque converter or even the rumoured 1.5 IVTEC CVT thats coming to the WRV . Legend engine with good transmission though I hate rubber band effect of CVT but its much smoother and better than AMT.

WRV in its current form is an excellent car and the engine options are very bland but the 1.2 IVTEC is well proven and very smooth, the 1.5 IVTEC CVT will fix that

Those saying WRV and Brezza are "raised hatches" and what not should know all the cars mentioned here except the TUV300, are based off hatchbacks and are all of similar dimensions.

WRV is a raised Jazz and thats not a bad thing, Jazz is one of the more comfortable cars in our market barring its low height and engine options, WRV improves on both if the 1.5 IVTEC CVT rumours are true.

Base variant Creta should also be included here, its a fine car.

Last edited:

In my case, it is a "Heart Vs Mind" competition, between Nexon and Ecosport. Voted for Ecosport, because its Petrol engine is more to my liking.

Re: Tata Nexon vs Ford Ecosport vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Honda WRV vs Mahindra TUV3

Voted for Ecosport
It began as a pioneer and is still respected for its looks. It carries its premium weight well...
Plus it puts a lot of larger cars to shame which the others on the group fail to do so.

Thread Starter #12
Re: Tata Nexon vs Ford Ecosport vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Honda WRV vs Mahindra TUV3

After Govt & oil companies announcement of BS-VI fuel distribution in Delhi, am more towards my initial choices,:

Nexon for both Petrol & diesel
Ecosport for petrol only

So, if diesel is your choice then Nexon is the car one should go for [:)]
If petrol and AT gearbox then as of now only Ecosport is what can get what is required however if Nexon will come with 6 speed paddle shifter AMT GB, then I would vote for Nexon[glasses]
Change in choice? [:D]

I voted for Nexon. [clap] I have already test-driven it thrice, twice in Bangalore and once in Chennai. I have driven my son's i20 Active extensively. In the past, I test-drove TUV 300 too. But, considering the build quality, interiors, audio quality, features, tyre size, Android Auto, vfm, etc., Nexon is my natural choice, which is going to replace my XUV 500 in 2018! [:)]

Last edited:

Its shocking that the market leader of the segment (Brezza) is not getting any votes at all. Wonder why these polls show an entirely different picture as compared to the market results.

Its shocking that the market leader of the segment (Brezza) is not getting any votes at all. Wonder why these polls show an entirely different picture as compared to the market results.
Absolutely right. Tata cars (from the Zest and onwards era) win all such polls in almost all the forums. However, when it comes to actual sales, the story is grossly different. I believe that we enthusiasts rate the product but when it comes to the general public, the product takes a back seat and front seats are occupied by other factors.

Top Bottom