Mahindra XUV500 Facelift (2018) Launched

Thread Starter #1
While Searching on internet found two articles & images of upcoming facelift 2017 XUV500.

Link-
https://indianautosblog.com/2017/11/2018-mahindra-xuv500-spied-290141
&
2018 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift SPIED for the first time in India

I like the Alloy wheel design of XUV500 test vehicle. Looks like Mahindra took inspiration from their own concept XUV500 AERO shown in Auto Expo. It will be good if they don't messed up simple & tone down design of XUV500 facelift in 2017 version and it will be good to see Gunmetal colour alloy wheel on actual production model instead of those silver one.

2018-Mahindra-XUV500-facelift-spied.jpg
Mahindra-S201-and-2018-Mahindra-XUV500-facelift.jpeg
Mahindra-XUV500-Spyshot.jpg

Image Credit- Rushlane & cartoq

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Facelift Launched @ ₹11.21 Lakh (Coverage: Page 7)

If you look at the line-up of new SUVs from Mahindra, you will notice the Tivoli based SUV at the upper mid range above the TUV300 followed by the Scorpio. Next is XUV500 followed by the XUV700 bases on next gen SS's Rexton. Close observation reminds that there is no slot for the new North American Mahindra research centre made new SUV.

So I feel that the new SUV that is testing along with Innova will eventually replace the XUV500. That is my strong feeling.

Last edited:

So I feel that the new SUV that is testing along with Innova will eventually replace the XUV500. That is my strong feeling.
Discontinuing current XUV5oo will not be sensible for M&M, specially when it is crossing 3000 numbers every month. The new longer wheelbase type MUV is may be answer to Hexa and Innova.

Thread Starter #4

If you look at the line-up of new SUVs from Mahindra, you will notice the Tivoli based SUV at the upper mid range above the TUV300 followed by the Scorpio. Next is XUV500 followed by the XUV700 bases on next gen SS's Rexton. Close observation reminds that there is no slot for the new North American Mahindra research centre made new SUV.

Why Mahindra will eliminate the XUV5OO even if U321 gets success? XUV5OO is already bringing 2500-3000 sales per month for Mahindra which is higher in the 10-20 Lacs Rupees Category. As per market sales numbers Bolero, SCORPIO & XUV5OO have the highest sales number in Mahindra's product line. Mahindra will sell both vehicle's side by side. Don't forget Mahindra still have Nuvosport as a option to TUV3OO which nobody dare to choose [;)].

My assumption is Mahindra will keep XUV5OO in their line up for next 10-12 years for sure. And that makes line up pretty interesting, TUV3OO - TIVOLI - U321 - SCORPIO - XUV5OO - Rexton aka XUV7OO.

Mahindra will not discontinue the XUV 500 even if yhe XUV 700 is launched. It is doing very well for the price range it is in and is a total hit.

Thread Starter #7
Re: Mahindra XUV500 Facelift (2018) Spied

I was thinking about above image of front Grill of upcoming New XUV5OO Facelift for 2018, it reminds me of Mahindra's Last AutoExpo showstopper, The XUV5OO AERO!!!

Yes this grill is work in progress but it is taken from AERO. Look at the below picture where I have merged both images, AERO & Spy pic of XUV5OO 2018. This grill reassembles the AERO's grill.

Lets hope Mahindra will bring same face for XUV5OO 2018 and yes not to forget DRL's(Actual Daytime Running lights like KUV1OO & Quanto) instead of those silly Parking Lights.

New XUV5OO 2018 vs Aero.jpg

Sorry for Crude Photo work I did here, I tried my best! [;)]

MY Expectation from this Mahindra XUV5OO 2018 are-
  • Good Looking front as current avatar is superb & I don't want Mahindra to destroy that. Hope they will make it better. Lets see if Mahindra add that sculpted bumper from AERO to XUV5OO 2018.

• Changes in back side as last facelift got only silver door handle, this time Mahindra should add LED taillights like SCORPIO.

• Good quality Interior, Hope Mahindra will understand the market & they will come up with good plastic quality for XUV5OO 2018. Leather dash board like Innova Crysta & HEXA will be the best option.

• Moving Second row seats as there is plenty of space for second row in XUV5OO, Hope we will get moving second row to make space for third row.

• Not a must have feature but it will be good to see color changeable mood lights in XUV5OO 2018.

• Gray Alloys wheels will be welcome addition to XUV5OO 2018. Mahindra always keep these Gray Alloys for Sportz Edition but here they can add it to facelift to give striking look.

Lets see what other forum members has to say about this.[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Rendering designer SRK Design came with new design rendering for upcoming XUV5OO 2018 Facelift.
24958638_1678021485574597_3638905531640353281_o.jpg

I guess older rendering as below pic looks better.
20286788_1548772395166174_7081338815740377694_o.jpg

Thread Starter #9

Another Rendering is uploaded by Designer "SRK" for the backside of XUV5OO 2018 Facelift.
IMG_9050.JPG

Looking at this rendering it feels like Mahindra is too much inspired by Creata's back side design. Hope they will do some more with this design & also provide LED Taillights & LED DRL's for XUV5OO.

Another Image found on internet where some site has compared current vs upcoming rendering of XUV5OO side by side.

hqdefault.jpg

I think current generation looks much more appropriate than this rendering. Lets see what Mahindra has to offer with XUV5OO 2018 facelift.

Thread Starter #11

IMHO Mahindra needs a Jeep Compass like offering after XUV facelift
In the First post of this thread I have attached some pics of upcoming SUV's in 2018 from Mahindra. It shows Mahindra is testing S201 which is Ssangyong Mahindra TIVOLI for Indian Market. I think that one is enough to compete with Jeep Compass in India.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I have attached some pics of upcoming SUV's in 2018 from Mahindra. It shows Mahindra is testing S201 which is Ssangyong Mahindra TIVOLI for Indian Market. I think that one is enough to compete with Jeep Compass in India.
It can definitely be a competitor to Jeep Compass in India provided we get to know the actual specs of this upcoming C-SUV. Since the C-SUV segment is gaining lot of prominence in our market I am sure M&M would launch this to tackle the competitors. But the only point which I am concerned is Ssangyong isn't having that much of a recall value in minds of the buyers here as the Jeep has. Jeep is supported by FIAT and in itself as well Jeep brand does have a long history in automotive sector however even though supported by Mahindra, we can't say the same about Ssangyong. Rexton was sold along side the M&M model line up yet wasn't able to fly off the shelves for them so introducing a 2nd product needs a well marketed approach to make it a success. Also, not to forget, Jeep is also having the Renegade C-SUV lined up for the Indian market so that would further make the competition strong for this new entrant to some extent. The 1 thing with which Ssangyong will have a upper hand is the service network of Mahindra that is still far better than FCA & even the Mopar. Lets see what has M&M got this time in the Expo.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

It can definitely be a competitor to Jeep Compass in India provided we get to know the actual specs of this upcoming C-SUV. Since the C-SUV segment is gaining lot of prominence in our market I am sure M&M would launch this to tackle the competitors. But the only point which I am concerned is Ssangyong isn't having that much of a recall value in minds of the buyers here as the Jeep has. Jeep is supported by FIAT and in itself as well Jeep brand does have a long history in automotive sector however even though supported by Mahindra, we can't say the same about Ssangyong. Rexton was sold along side the M&M model line up yet wasn't able to fly off the shelves for them so introducing a 2nd product needs a well marketed approach to make it a success. Also, not to forget, Jeep is also having the Renegade C-SUV lined up for the Indian market so that would further make the competition strong for this new entrant to some extent. The 1 thing with which Ssangyong will have a upper hand is the service network of Mahindra that is still far better than FCA & even the Mopar. Lets see what has M&M got this time in the Expo.

Regards

Akash
The biggest problem of Indian Car market is it's price & mileage oriented. People buy cars as per prices & mileage number in India. Indian customers go as per looks rather than actual capacity of doing certain things. That is why S-Cross, KUV1OO, Nexon, TUV1OO & Duster etc are called as SUV's. Last two can do at least some of the off roading stuff but all others are just gimmick here.[anger]

People in India wants SUV's but in small size rather than buying hatchbacks, so these naming & SUV looks always works, that is why C-SUV's are famous.

Talking about Ssangyong's future OR Past in India, Mahindra actually killed that brand in India. Rexton was getting a good response in earlier phase as people were bored to buy Fortuner and wanted same kind of butch product. Rexton was perfect match & many people purchased Rexton but later Mahindra removed support for Rexton in India. Reasons are unknown & we don't have any official statement proving that but Ownership reviews of Rexton gives a glimpse of that. My guess is Mahindra killed that product to save XUV5OO.

Now that past is gone & from this year onwards Mahindra want to bring Ssangyong models in India but this time under Mahindra product category rather than Ssangyong products. So Rexton may be called as XUV7OO & S201/TIVOLI will be XUV3OO. Yes these naming schemes are rumors but these two's are coming under Mahindra product line so they will enjoy Mahindra's after sales support.

Sorry for the off Topic (It is a XUV5OO 2018 Facelift Thread) but I always wanted to write all this as its fun to see Mr. Pawan Goenka nullified bringing TIVOLI a year back and now planing to sell it in India as they can't compete with competition. Mahindra don't have vehicles in this segment, TUV3OO, & the Plus, Nuvosport can't beat Jeep Compass at any point so they need stylish and Morden looking SUV like vehicle to fight with Compass.

All questions will be answered in Auto Expo 2018, so lets wait for a month. Hope you will cover that Expo as its in Delhi, waiting for TAI Thread for that Auto Expo 2018 coz many new products will be introduced in that EXPO & we have too many things to talk on. [;)]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The biggest problem of Indian Car market is it's price & mileage oriented. People buy cars as per prices & mileage number in India.
Being price sensitive isn't a wrong thing buddy but yes not always consider the Km/L thing.

Indian customers go as per looks rather than actual capacity of doing certain things. That is why S-Cross, KUV1OO, Nexon, TUV1OO & Duster etc are called as SUV's. Last two can do at least some of the off roading stuff but all others are just gimmick here.
Actually, every person has a different requirement / expectations from his / her car so based on that one makes the best decision. As far as the Off-Roading is concerned, I feel, Nexon can do soft-off roading. Yes, S-Cross & KUV-1OO I am not really sure though.

People in India wants SUV's but in small size rather than buying hatchbacks, so these naming & SUV looks always works, that is why C-SUV's are famous.
As I said, a lot depends on one's needs and also the budget. Apart from that, traffic, parking shortage etc contribute to owning of C-SUV and hatchbacks.

Talking about Ssangyong's future OR Past in India, Mahindra actually killed that brand in India. Rexton was getting a good response in earlier phase as people were bored to buy Fortuner and wanted same kind of butch product. Rexton was perfect match & many people purchased Rexton but later Mahindra removed support for Rexton in India. Reasons are unknown & we don't have any official statement proving that but Ownership reviews of Rexton gives a glimpse of that. My guess is Mahindra killed that product to save XUV5OO.
Let us leave that to M&M's fine sense of judgement bro.

Now that past is gone & from this year onwards Mahindra want to bring Ssangyong models in India but this time under Mahindra product category rather than Ssangyong products. So Rexton may be called as XUV7OO & S201/TIVOLI will be XUV3OO. Yes these naming schemes are rumors but these two's are coming under Mahindra product line so they will enjoy Mahindra's after sales support.
M&M's ASC support to Ssangyong is a helpful thing surely but one thing is to be made sure of i.e provision of a well rounded Petrol engine with AT. The sales share of the diesel cars in India is declining sharply so for brands like TML & Mahindra it is very much important to keep a good petrol option in all their SUV line up.

Mahindra don't have vehicles in this segment, TUV3OO, & the Plus, Nuvosport can't beat Jeep Compass at any point so they need stylish and Morden looking SUV like vehicle to fight with Compass.
What I feel is a competitor to the Compass isn't the end of the road for M&M in India. What is more important is that it has to prepare a line up to tackle the segment of Endeavour and Fortuner. Innova rivaling MPV is already in tests by M&M

All questions will be answered in Auto Expo 2018, so lets wait for a month. Hope you will cover that Expo as its in Delhi, waiting for TAI Thread for that Auto Expo 2018 coz many new products will be introduced in that EXPO & we have too many things to talk on.
All done and set. We are all geared up for that and looking forward to the Expo 2018. It will be a well executed and elaborate coverage this time as well. Looking forward to the participation of more and more TAI-gers at the event.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #15

Being price sensitive isn't a wrong thing buddy but yes not always consider the Km/L thing.
Yes I will consider the same fact while buying a new car for me. Even in foreign countries they consider same facts first.

Actually, every person has a different requirement / expectations from his / her car so based on that one makes the best decision. As far as the Off-Roading is concerned, I feel, Nexon can do soft-off roading. Yes, S-Cross & KUV-1OO I am not really sure though.
Small off roading can be done by any vehicle, we did many silly things with our beloved Esteem. As per my thinking a vehicle should be equipped with 4x4 mechanism to called as SUV. Ground clearance is another main factor here where Nexon shines but it don't have 4x4 option. Correct me if I am wrong.

2018 Mahindra XUV 500 facelift – More Spy Images Pour In!
Found new information on carblog website.
Link-
[/U]2018 Mahindra XUV 500 facelift - More Spy Images Pour In!

2018-Mahindra-XUV500-facelift-spyshot.jpg

Information from their website says,"Upcoming XUV5OO 2018 Facelift is Identical to that of its sibling Scorpio facelift, the 2018 XUV500 will receive on minor updates on the outside. The body will technically be identical to that of the outgoing model. The front facia of the upcoming XUV500 facelift will feature certain updated elements like new design grille, updated bumper and headlamp design. The rear is expected to sport similar updates with an updated bumper design and LED taillights. New defining bumper skid plates might also be offered to make the crossover look more off-road friendly. The new XUV500 will sport a new radiator grille and a new air dam grille. New 10-spoke alloy wheels designed similar to ones of the XUV Aero Concept will replace the current ones. The tailgate will sport a revised license plate housing."

Hope Mahindra will do some changes inside like Good quality interior & Apple CarPlay Support along with Android Auto. Movable middle row will be welcome adition.[:)]

Top Bottom