Maruti Suzuki September 2017 Indian Car Sales

Nissan September 2017 Indian Car Sales

Renault September 2017 Indian Car Sales

Skoda September 2017 Indian Car Sales

Tata Motors September 2017 Indian Car Sales

Toyota September 2017 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen September 2017 Indian Car Sales

It is Great to see TIAGO doing well in the market,
It is very sad to see TIGOR, not going well for obvious reasons (Read Engine) Tata does not seem to yet get the killer packaging instinct it showed with Tiago on a better overall car like TIGOR, It should have came with the same Diesel 1.5 which comes in Nexon, That would have made it the best <4M sedan look alike in the country. Well could have reduced the price of Nexon with volume economy of engines too. What is not clear is is it Tiago petrol or diesel selling more, If it is petrol all the more reason for stashing the 1.5 d in Tigor

Forgot to add one thing. Mauti is mostly bought by Sarkari Babus and first time buyers. Babus get a no downpayment option to buy Maruti in most cases, Dezire =Govt. Clerk(with working husband/wife in Sarkari naukri) is the norm around where I Live. First time buyers are mostly those who learned driving in an 800 or alto. They all think car=maruti in any case. Also noted that those who come in Swift/Dezire etc are asked to park in last row parking at functions now a days because of this Babu image (saw that when we went for a marriage at Thrissur).

Last edited by a moderator:
It is Great to see TIAGO doing well in the market,
It is very sad to see TIGOR, not going well for obvious reasons (Read Engine) Tata does not seem to yet get the killer packaging instinct it showed with Tiago on a better overall car like TIGOR, It should have came with the same Diesel 1.5 which comes in Nexon, That would have made it the best <4M sedan look alike in the country. Well could have reduced the price of Nexon with volume economy of engines too. What is not clear is is it Tiago petrol or diesel selling more, If it is petrol all the more reason for stashing the 1.5 d in Tigor
Earlier Tata said around 80% Tiagos are petrol.

Dzire is creating new benchmarks month on month. Seems all round package along with good deal from the trusted brand have attracted customers for it.
Also good to see the figures of Verna. Need to see where it stables on forthcoming months. All the best to Hyundai.

Swift's numbers are really incredible.It is still going strong despite the fact that facelift is going to be launched in few months time.

Breeza in 5 figures
Dzire at astounding 34000 mark (there is not stopping to the Suzuki Jaggernaut in india)
Tiago generating handsome numbers for Tata (the word of mouth indeed working for tata)
Hexa seem to be doing well and Nexon is also off to the great start.
Compass i am loving the interest it generates in the market.
Verna is back in the reckoning in the sedan category
Fortuner is unshakable and with innova generating revenues for Toyota.
Scorpio old wine and Bolero old work horse coming good for M&M. They are depnding on the old vehicles for numbers, newly launched vehicles not generating numbers for them. Exact opposite is with Tata where new launches are bringing in the required numbers.

Tiago is good news for Tata while the Tigor not doing well is confusing, perhaps production issues or is it too highly priced (my belief)
I am impressed with M&M-the XUV and Scorpio have been doing really well-they are now an 'accepted' brand in India-so many buy them. The Hexa though newer seems to have settled down to lower numbers and i hope stays their. Again perhaps tata could have lost money initially just to get people interested and then gone up (Now on par with XUV!)
[cry] my beloved venture..tata motors website still lists it as being sold! The Eeco sales suggest there is room for a run-about family van

Over 95,000 Units Of The New Maruti Suzuki Dzire Sold In Less Than 5 Months
new-maruti-suzuki-dzire-automatic_827x510_61496057802.JPG
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is undoubtedly one of the best-selling cars in the Indian market right now. Early this year in May, the carmaker launched the new-gen Dzire in the country which has further increased the numbers for the company. It's been just about 5 months since the launch of the car, and the company has already retailed over 95,000 units of the new Maruti Suzuki Dzire. In fact, thanks to the festive season, the sales of the new Dzire has increased three folds compare to the month it was launched and in the last two months alone the company sold over 60,000 units of the car in India. Waiting period of the car has gone up to 3 month.

The new Dzire from Maruti would be the fastest model to cross the 1 Lakh mark in the Indian automotive history !
Another good thing about this fastest selling model is that the basic safety features-Airbag & ABS are standard across the variants for the model ! MSIL is also facing multiple recalls for the new model , it had a steering column issue in the initial batches which was sorted and now there is a silent recall running for rear wheel hub bearings, owners can throw some light here !

Last edited:
You also have to give it to the Elite I20. A car that does not sell in the taxi world, unlike say, the Dzire or even the WagonR and its own smaller sibling, the Xcent. The Elite I20 has managed to provide over 8000 units per month consistently since it was launched 2 years ago in its current avatar. A car that provides the least features for the money in say, an Era trim (no rear wipers, no ABS, only dual airbags, no rear power windows, and manual AC ). But people fall for it. I have seen so many Era Elite I20s in my office. I wonder whats the purpose really, especially in petrol versions, with that anaemic engine.

Guys,
I made an interesting observation.
1. (Ciaz+City+Verna+Creta) = 26959
2. (Elantra+Corolla+Octavia+Tucson+CRV+Tiguan) = 947
I fail to understand this massive difference in numbers. Its not that the category 2 are way expensive than category 1. What could be the reason for such a consumer behavior?

Category 2 are way more expensive and they break budgets, plus the extra performance may not be required plus they require far more expensive Maintenance.

But the main reason is budget. Category 1 most variants can be had for 11-14 OTR. Category 2 even a bare bones variant will cost 16-17 Lakh and properly loaded variants ill cost over 20 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom