Chinese Brand Chery Could Partner Tata Motors in India

Thread Starter #1
Chinese automaker Chery could form an alliance with Tata or enter the Indian market solely in the near future.

Chery could be launching its cars in India through a joint venture with Tata Motors reportedly. It formed 50:50 joint venture with Tata-owned Jaguar Land Rover for local production of the British marque’s vehicles back in 2012 and the successful alliance is continuing till date.

Tata is rumoured to have had discussions regarding partnership on multiple things like platforms and engines previously. Chery could take advantage of that partnership and enter India, said its chairman Yin Tongyao as he looks to explore a potential tie-up. He further commented that his company might have the possibility of entering solo as well – banking on the fact that Chery sold six million vehicles over a period of twenty years.

ET

Chinese automaker Chery could form an alliance with Tata or enter the Indian market solely in the near future.

Chery could be launching its cars in India through a joint venture with Tata Motors reportedly. It formed 50:50 joint venture with Tata-owned Jaguar Land Rover for local production of the British marque’s vehicles back in 2012 and the successful alliance is continuing till date.

ET
A little history of Chery, it's QQ hatchback was based on the then defunct Daewoo Matiz (Chevy had a long legal battle with Chery due to its similar sounding name, as well as the QQ) it's Tiggo was the first gen Honda CRV, which I presume came to India as Premier Rio?

kkn13

Suspended
Yeah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Terios

"In India, there is a Terios-derived vehicle known as the Premier RiO from Premier Automobiles Limited, which is a re-badged Zotye Nomad I. It is powered by a Peugeot diesel and petrol engine, and since 2012 has a Fiat diesel option."

I feel they could have capitalized more given the strong,proven engine (1.3 MJD)

Top Bottom