Global Crossovers That Fit For India

Thread Starter #1
We all are excited about Crossovers and a lot of global & desi crossovers are raining in India recently,just like the recent blockbuster baby Jeep-the Compass, Hyundai Tucson and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Here Im compiling a few more crossovers that seems to be missing in India from even the popular manufacturers !
Though Suzuki has already introduced it in Brezza form , I still think that this car has a potential might be in a fully loaded AWD top spec trim for the Crossover line up of MSIL.
Its smaller than Scross , almost same as of Brezza few centimetres +/- !

Mitsubishi ASX

asx-hero-3.jpg
asx-hero-1.jpg
ASX though dated! its frequently updated, Nissan-Renault alliance could bring it to India against Creta or Compass and revive the Mitsubishi brand !

Mitsubishi Outlander
hero-large.jpg
Mitsubishi Outlander is the upcoming launch from Mitsubishi India , its a cool crossover with good potential if priced sensibly , also they could bring the PHEV version of the car if Govt provides clarity on the EV vision for India, Mitsubishi could use the Renault facilities for better acceptance !

I beleive this car has the potential to change the fortunes of Nissan India , Nissan should seriously try harder to bring this to India ASAP! Things going against it is that no RHD introduced yet !

Honda HR-V
550bd6096d313-eks-hrv.jpg
Seeing the acceptance for Jeep Compass Honda might be already in preparations to bring this to India . Good looking & Nice Interiors too !

Fiat 500X
2017_FIAT_500x_VLP_Gallery_1.jpg.image.1440.jpg
With the success of Jeep Compass, FCA could try this car for reviving the Fiat again, built on same compass & upcoming Renegade platform !

Jeep Renegade

Another shot from FCA , soon to be introduced Renegade will go against Hyundai Creta!​

Last edited:
I think the Renegade would be the next hit, provided FCA prices it right. They could take on everyone from Nexon, Brezza to the TUV and Duster and push them out of reckoning!

kkn13

Suspended
Vitara and Vitara Brezza are very very different except for the platform to an extent
Somewhat like Renegade and Compass

The first thing that I would like to come is the HR-V. Then C-HR from Toyota along with RAV4 may be? Focus from Ford. Although I do not expect these to be available for mass market folks such as yours truly.

What about the Ford Edge/Kugga , It will share lots of parts with ecosport and could use a Turbo charged version of the Dragon engine and one of Ford Europe's Diesel Engines.

A Non turbocharged Dragon engine should be as powerful as a Creta

What about the Ford Edge/Kugga , It will share lots of parts with ecosport and could use a Turbo charged version of the Dragon engine and one of Ford Europe's Diesel Engines.

A Non turbocharged Dragon engine should be as powerful as a Creta
Focus has replaced Kuga. I do not see it being sold, at least here in Australia.

Top Bottom