Toyota Etios Liva Hatchback Starting Price Rs.3.99 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
After reading several comments in our Toyota Etios Road Test Thread, I think a lot of us are keenly waiting for the Etios hatchback, as known as Etios Liva. Here are some quick details and pictures of this new upcoming entrant in the hatchback segment of India.

• Expected Launch: March -April 2011
  • Expected Price: Rs.4.5 Lakhs - Rs.6 Lakhs
Toyota Etios Liva.jpg

Toyota Etios Liva Wheels.jpg

Toyota Etios Liva Interiors.jpg

Toyota Etios Liva Rear.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Toyota Etios Liva Coming this March

well it looks good but those alloys will be definitely not there..and also i think its size is like Micra.

AMG

Suspended

4.5 Lakh!!!! [shock]

I thought it will be 3.5

Way too expensive for the price.

also expect its diesel heart coming within 3 to 6 months of launch and that to be before Etios, as toyota is planning to mull in diesel heart first in its hatchback version and then in sedan.

Looks great in that color! I feel this will be one spacious hatch! But 4.5Lakhs yes i feel its a bit expensive but you get that peace of mind by paying that price!

The Toyota Etios is the perfet car. Because the best company, the best design, good specifications and affordable price.

I wish Toyota's India car would be priced aggresively. With a proper price and a toyota brand value it would be a killer hatch to have.

I think toyota should stay off with its diesel variants for both etios sedan/hatch. Otherwise its fast going be into taxi market sooner then anything.

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team

Etios Sedan seems to offer enough of value for the price and with the hatchback Liva, Toyota strongly needs to keep their decisions right. A slightly incorrect move can flick off the entire game. Hope the pricing will be below than what is speculated (in order to prevent conflict with sedan). Another noticeable thing is that Toyota has offered dark grey and red interiors in sedan, which were actually shown in hatchback during the preview at Auto Expo 2010. Now, let’s see whether we get the beige and red combo in the hatchback? I would personally love to see this. Also, love those alloy rims too.

toyota-etios-liva-interiors.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its becoming more of a tradition, to come up with a hatchback and then make it a sedan or vice-versa. Guess, it was started with the swift-dzire, then polo-vento combination. Indian Market, seems to be the best place to gamble. Is this a positive-trend, for people like us, when manufacturers, dont want to waste time in designing a new car or an advantage, of getting some car, with decent features at an affordable price?

Last edited:

Well, i feel that its a win-win situation for both - consumers & manufacturers. For consumers who like to own a sedan but cant stretch the budget, this would be very ideal choice. Manufacturers would be enjoying cost saving in design.

But one must admit Toyota played their game well here. First they bought in the sedan and then the hatch. So they avoided the regular blame of - 'this car is nothing but a boot attached to the hatch'

In both the segment (hatch and sedan), Toyota is delaying the diesel launch. By this they are ensuring that risk of 'taxi' branding is well avoided at the beginning.

I am eagerly waiting for this launch. I just hope Toyota brings in the Diesel variants of its sedan and hatch as early as possible. Also Toyota must ramp up the production of its models, and ensure that buyers dont have to wait for months to get their hands on their car!

Toyota Liva launching soon in India

India’s most respected and the world’s largest car manufacturer, Toyota Kirloskar Motors have finally decided to launch Toyota Liva in India soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, i feel that its a win-win situation for both - consumers & manufacturers. For consumers who like to own a sedan but cant stretch the budget, this would be very ideal choice. Manufacturers would be enjoying cost saving in design.

But one must admit Toyota played their game well here. First they bought in the sedan and then the hatch. So they avoided the regular blame of - 'this car is nothing but a boot attached to the hatch'

In both the segment (hatch and sedan), Toyota is delaying the diesel launch. By this they are ensuring that risk of 'taxi' branding is well avoided at the beginning.
hey carfreak, what you are saying is true but matter is not actually like that. see its doesnt matter whether they launch sedan first or hatchback. as long as both look cars look same..it will be called boot stuck to hatch only!! about win win situation i think many people want to stay different and if both cars look same then chances are that hatchback owners may feel inferior which should not happen!! and this is where fiat has worked intellegently..

Will Toyota release AutomaticTransmission version of LIVA Hatch in India?
It helps if they release AT version also
City driving will become easy when the engine takes care of its gears

Top Bottom