Tata Experience Center (Coimbatore)

Thread Starter #1
Finally, the poor souls in tier II cities got a chance to experience the Hexa Experience event, after 8 full months! Thanks to TAIger DJ bro and my dealership who promptly sent invites via WhatsApp.
IMG-20170814-WA0024.jpg IMG-20170817-WA0012.jpg
The event ran across two days, 19th and 20th Aug at Codissia Trade Fair Complex Grounds and I visited on the second day, after a heavy Sunday lunch [:D].
001_Entrance.jpg

If you haven't observed that gold Hexa on the left, it's the one that was driven from Coimbatore to London by the ladies whose names & blood groups are displayed in driver side door.
002_Hexa_Left.jpg
003_Hexa_Right.jpg

The three stars of the event. On the left was a projector and a DJ (a real one[:)]) playing music.
004_Cars.jpg

These dealer level customized cars were also on show. I had earlier seen them at my dealership display:
005_Cars.jpg
006_Cars.jpg

Moved on to ride (as passenger) the Hexa offroading track which was hardly 2 minutes. The driver politely explained a few features of the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_SdC31s5WA&feature=youtu.be
After taking the Hexa XTA and Tigor XZO for quick spins, I got to test drive this little guy, the AMT avatar of Tiago Revotron.
007_Tiago_AMT.jpg
This is my first AMT drive ever, after having owned a torque converter (2010 US spec Civic) for a few years. I was mighty impressed with the gear shifts and the AMT unit promptly up-shifted at about 2300 RPM mark. Manual mode was also easy to use, except that it will get some time to get used to. Curious to test the red line mark, I floored it in first gear (due to lack of road) with manual mode which took it to 6000 RPM before auto up-shifting. My Tiago goes all the way to 6300 RPM when I red-lined in second gear.

Last edited:
Re: Tata Experience Center - Coimbatore

After taking the Hexa XTA and Tigor XZO for quick spins, I got to test drive this little guy, the AMT avatar of Tiago Revotron.
This is my first AMT drive ever, after having owned a torque converter (2010 US spec Civic) for a few years. I was mighty impressed with the gear shifts and the AMT unit promptly up-shifted at about 2300 RPM mark. Manual mode was also easy to use, except that it will get some time to get used to. Curious to test the red line mark, I floored it in first gear (due to lack of road) with manual mode which took it to 6000 RPM before auto up-shifting. My Tiago goes all the way to 6300 RPM when I red-lined in second gear.
Hello Prabhagar, how do you find NVH of AMT tiago compared to yours manual one ? For my XZA Tiago i feel little vibrations only at idling. Also i dont hear much of engine noise inside the cabin.

Thread Starter #3

Hello Prabhagar, how do you find NVH of AMT tiago compared to yours manual one ? For my XZA Tiago i feel little vibrations only at idling. Also i dont hear much of engine noise inside the cabin.
Hi tejRocket,
The AMT TD car was louder than mine. I did not notice the vibrations, probably because I got used to them already in my car [:)]. I would love to drive it for a longer TD of say 20+KM to be able to watch these closely. Unfortunately, my dealer's TD car is under repairs and I don't know if Tafe will let me drive that long. I will try my best and update here bro.

^^ You should have invited me with you Prabhagar. My home is just half a km away from Codissia!

Hitting 6k rpm in Tiago? What are you trying to do, drag racing? [:D]

It's good to see TATA does such things which IMO, will help have trust in brand for existing owners and it sure help spread the word out there. Good move by TATA and good narration by Prabhagar!

Thread Starter #5

Thanks for appreciating, FD. It was supposed to be a family visit (there was a kitchen expo going on as well) but they ditched me at the last minute. I will remember to buzz you for any future events that I plan on visiting.
The red-line was just for some adrenaline rush, you know Tiago isn't a racing machine [:)].

Thread Starter #7
Prabhagar bro , I would also like to join you in the future for events like these. Will PM you my details.

Regarding the topic, is this event being conducted by SRT TATA ?
Sure Vaishak, I will remember to buzz you as well, for anything automotive around CBE. This event was organized by Tata Motors, with help from both SRT and Tafe Access. All event activities were done by TML team (registration, offroading drive, DJ etc) while test drives and new bookings were taken care by SRT & Tafe.

Top Bottom