Mahindra July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Maruti Suzuki July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Nissan July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Renault July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Skoda July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Tata Motors July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Toyota July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen July 2017 Indian Car Sales

Great month for the manufacturers ! Each & every OEM on a roll on the GST positive effect ! Market itself shows 100K units growth M-O-M!
Hoping for great figures in August too, as there is an uncertainty on the GST rates for cars >4M.
Poor vision on policies from the Govt. are certainly worrying for manufactures and its neither good for the Industry !

Its suspicious that SIAM data for July 2017 is missing! I didn't find it online anywhere ! Am I missing something here?

Meanwhile great numbers from Alto,baleno,Brezza,Creta,i20,Grand i10,Crysta,Tiago,WR-V,Ecosport,Fortuner,Endeavour & Hexa !

Warm welcome to the market 'Baby JEEP'- Compass (935 Units) [clap] .

Last edited:
What an incredible month for Maruti. Ignis is the only product from Maruti which has not performed according to expected standards. Good to see Tiago performing well. 6k is a decent number.

Isn't these SUV numbers were anticipated ?

As mentioned by "Insane Turbo" great month for the manufacturers.

Chevy - Still managing to churn out numbers for Tavera after ceasing operations in India. Think this must be mostly in taxi segments.

Datsun - Redi-go settling around 3k month on month sales

Fiat - Sad story exception in Jeep. With Jeep coming to the party and managing 935 units alone only in last week , good times ahead for FCA. I can see Compass to be selling around 1 - 1.5 k per month and later in next year when Jeep launches Renegade which is poise to bring some more cheer for FCA. Only thing Jeep need to do it to manage after sale service properly.

Ford - Might Endy selling more than poor Figo. Don't remember when I saw this trend last time. Ecosport a winner from Ford stable is selling strong and with face lift coming soon it will become more stronger. I do remember how Ecosport changed the game when it was launched ( similar euphoria is being enjoyed by Compass these days ).

Honda - Unable to sell a single unit of Accord ?? I think WR-V is eating sales of City. Product Cannibalization at work. Brio is on the last phase of its life cycle.

Hyundai - Great portfolio which are churning good numbers even if they are atrociously priced viz. Creta. With bookings already started Verna clearly gearing up for the new gen.

MSIL - Top 6 positions bagged by Maruti. 7 out of top 10. More than 52% of the market share.. Need to say more ??

Renault - Duster clearly feeling the heat and the only SUV whose numbers have plummeted even after reduction in cess post GST. Only saving grace is Kwid for Renault.

Octavia started strong. Let's wait for the full month number in August.

Tata - Tiago doing good numbers. Good to see Hexa about 1.5 k. Can't wait for Nexon . It will be a game changer in the segment .

Toyota - Innova & Fort churning great numbers. Clearly shows if you build a brand value over time then customers will lap up your products even if they are not priced aggressively.

Looking at the Sales Charts, clearly there seems to very good Market which has developed in the last 3-4 years for compact high GC vehicles in the 8-16 Lakhs range. Adding the various models this market now is close to 50K vehicles a month!

Sales figures of Toyota Innova and Fortuner can put few cheap hatchbacks to shame.

Maruti Suzuki as always going strong. Well, Ignis,ummm, if only Maruti Suzuki reduces its price and slots it well below Swift which is not possible considering its a Nexa product and the features it offers on top Variant.

Hyundai Creta is a product which describes us Indians pretty well. We say we don't have money and we need value for money products. Enter overpriced Creta, people fell of its interiors and exterior looks. Not to forget its features fumble on variants to variants. Similarly the soon to be launched Verna will show favoritism to Automatic variants (sunroof you see). Petrol AT available on SX (O) but diesel AT on SX+.
Elite i20 also went through a similar feature juggling on its variants. 1.2 l people engine of Hyundai Disappointments me.

What makes me happy is to see growing sales number of Hexa. Tiago and Tigor are going strong. Nexon should fair well but lets see how the Ecosport Facelift dilutes its arrival party.

Renault needs to get some tweaks done to the Duster's interiors ASAP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom