Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition Launched

Thread Starter #1
India-spec Rapid Monte Carlo to get special paint combination and unique equipment.

It will come with a red exterior shade and an all-black interior. Additionally, it will also get an all-black grille and wing mirrors, along with 16-inch alloy wheels and a tailgate spoiler, both in black shade.
Capture.JPG
On the inside, the India-spec Rapid Monte Carlo will get unique aluminium scuff plates, faux-carbon fibre trim on the dashboard, a flat-bottom multifunction steering wheel, mobile holder, unique floor mats and upholstery with red stitching on the gear knob and aluminium sport pedals. The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo for India will be priced around Rs 30,000 more than the standard top-spec trim.

ACI

Re: Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition Coming

Somehow these Skodas appeal a lot to generations of all kinds, their first version of Laura was my personal favorite, the new Octavia is precisely good, the face-lifted Rapid and this version is the best.

Thread Starter #6

Rapid Monte Carlo edition launching in October.

DG2Vl4wXkAASkNq.jpg

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

The official bookings are now open for this Monte Carlo Edition Skoda Rapid

banner (1).jpg

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Official Press Release: ŠKODA introduces the Monte Carlo: Sporty Model paying homage to the Monte Carlo Racing Tradition

The ŠKODA Monte Carlo debuts in India at ex-showroom price of INR 10.75 lakhs

Montecarlo1__1503397506_122.177.74.199.jpg

Montecarlo_Small__1503397409_122.177.74.199.jpg

The car is accentuated by Sporty Black Front Grille, 16” Dual tone Black Alloy wheels, Dynamic Black Roof, Elegant Black Tailgate Spoiler and Black Grained Diffuser

Interiors are inspired by ŠKODA’s motorsport heritage with a New Super Sports Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, New Red and Black Leatherette Monte Carlo trademark seats, Black Interior Decor, Ribbed sporty stainless steel Foot Pedals and all black Dashboard

Presenting ‘Drive’ - the state-of-the-art 6.5 inch, Colour Touchscreen Central Infotainment System with SmartLink™ technology that is compatible with MirrorLink®, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Mumbai, 21th August, 2017: ŠKODA AUTO India introduces the Monte Carlo at an attractive Ex-showroom price of Rs 10.75/- lakhs. The Monte Carlo follows ŠKODA’s claim of ‘One Nation. One Price’ and is inspired from ŠKODA‘s long heritage of motorsports. The Monte Carlo will be available in two select dual- colour options: Flash Red with black roof and Candy White with black roof.

Commenting on the launch of the Monte Carlo, Mr Ashutosh Dixit – Director: Sales, Service & Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India, said, and “The new Monte Carlo is an integral part of our model offensive strategy in India. The Monte Carlo offers a compelling combination of the brand’s emotional design, exquisite interiors, and host of convenience features, leading safety as well as intelligent connectivity features. The Monte Carlo is positioned at the top end of the segment and is targeted at the discerning customer who wants a premium experience.”

Emotionally appealing design

The strong, sporty design embraces clean cuts and modern crystalline appearance that resonates with the ŠKODA’s new design legacy. The design of the Monte Carlo can be best described as unique and timeless. Black design features underline its dynamic appearance. The black radiator grille and the black wing mirror housings along with the rear black tailgate spoiler further accentuate the sportiness of the car. The ŠKODA MONTE CARLO features dual tone 16-inch alloy wheels and the rear black grained diffuser enhances the car’s sporty character. A MONTE CARLO badge features on each of the B-pillars.

The interior of the MONTE CARLO pays homage to ŠKODA’s Motor Sport heritage and has a unique sporty appearance. The 3-spoke super sports flat bottom steering wheel is covered in black perforated leather and red decorative stitching. The gearstick knob also comes in black leather with red, decorative stitching. The driver and passengers sit on special sporty Monte Carlo leatherette seats in a black/red design with grey vertical stripes. The front door sill bears the Monte Carlo lettering and the black floor mats feature black, decorative stitching. The ribbed stainless steel pedals and sporty graphic instrument cluster further add to the overall sporty experience.

Engines and Transmission:

The Monte Carlo will come with new-generation petrol and diesel engines from the Rapid’s model range. The 1.5 litre TDI produces 110PS (81kW) of power and a torque output of 250 Nm while delivering fuel efficiency of 21.72 kmpl (DSG) and 21.13 kmpl (MT). The 1.6 litre MPI or the Multi- point Injection engine is at the heart of the Rapid’s Petrol Variant. With Dual Overhead Camshaft (DOHC) 16 valves, it delivers 105 PS (77kW) of power and a peak torque output of 153Nm while delivering fuel efficiency figures of 15.41 kmpl (MT) and 14.84 kmpl (AT). The DSG transmission with Sport mode and Tiptronics will leave you overwhelmed.

Safety, Comfort and Convenience

Standard equipment in the Monte Carlo range includes a wide range of safety features, such as the ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), daytime running lights, five three-point seat belts and two- airbags. In addition, ESC (Electronic Stability Control) is available in DSG variant and Hill Hold Control is available in both AT Petrol and AT Diesel variants.

A host of supporting functions include Parktonic Rear Parking Sensors, Automatically dimming rear view mirror and One Touch Anti Pinch technology for windows. In addition, the comfort features available are a central locking system with remote control; a multifunctional display; height- adjustable driver and front passenger seats; and storage pockets on the back of the front seats. It will also come with revolutionary Climatronic technology along with adjustable dual rear AC vents thus making the car your utopia of comfort.

The plethora of features don’t end here. The Monte Carlo surprises you with an intelligent Rain Sensing Wiper system; the technology intuitively activates itself on detecting rain and adjusts the wiper’s frequency. The built-in cruise control, adjustable headrests and foldable armrests, thoughtfully cooled glove box, rear view camera and leading leg room make the Monte Carlo even more compelling.

Infotainment and ŠKODA Connect: Stay Connected

Presenting ‘Drive’ - the state-of-the-art 6.5 inch, Colour Touchscreen Central Infotainment System in the Monte Carlo - to give your drive the experience it deserves. ‘Drive’ comes equipped with SmartLink™ technology which will help you control selected apps like navigation straight on the infotainment screen and ensure seamless connectivity with your smartphone to keep you connected on the go, while also supporting USB/Aux-in/Bluetooth/SD Card options. All the installed applications are certified as safe for vehicles and are compatible with MirrorLink®, Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Storage & Space:

The ample room available in the interior and luggage space is a major feature of Monte Carlo and is able to carry up to five people with ease. With interior width of 1,428 mm, there is plenty of legroom on the rear seats. The Monte Carlo boasts of a 460L boot space and other intelligent storage solutions with bottle holders in the doors, storage compartment under front Centre armrest and cup holders in front as well as rear.
Pricing of Skoda Monte Carlo Edition.

New Monte Carlo Price Ex – showroom
1.6 MPI MT 1,075,347 INR
1.6 MPI AT 1,197,672 INR
1.5 TDI MT 1,246,096 INR
1.5 TDI AT 1,357,709 INR​

Regards

Akash

Thanks akash for providing the pictures and details for the Monte Carlo edition.

I have one more request, can you please provide details for the new MY18 version skoda rapid? It has 4 airbags, Electronic Differential Lock (what is the benefit of this feature) and Carplay/Android Auto support.

These details are not available on the skoda website nor proper details available with the skoda dealership here at my location.

Which one is better the Monte Carlo or MY18 version?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have one more request, can you please provide details for the new MY18 version skoda rapid? It has 4 airbags, Electronic Differential Lock (what is the benefit of this feature) and Carplay/Android Auto support.

These details are not available on the skoda website nor proper details available with the skoda dealership here at my location.

Which one is better the Monte Carlo or MY18 version?
You may check this link buddy: Å KODA | Rapid. As per my interaction today, The Monte Carlo edition mainly has aesthetic additions. It depends if you feel that a sporty yet elegant design suits you, then, go for monte carlo edition else the normal Skoda Rapid is good enough. I will try and find out more details and let you know.

Regards

Akash

You may check this link buddy: Å*KODA | Rapid. As per my interaction today, The Monte Carlo edition mainly has aesthetic additions. It depends if you feel that a sporty yet elegant design suits you, then, go for monte carlo edition else the normal Skoda Rapid is good enough. I will try and find out more details and let you know.

Regards

Akash
Yes I already checked the Skoda India webpage but no where it mentions about MY18 version.

You can also check my post in Skoda rapid facelift test drive thread. There I have attached a screenshot of the new MY18 version ad which came in Delhi times couple of days back.

Any ways, the MY18 version has 4 airbags and EDL. So I believe this is better than Monte Carlo in terms of safety. Still awaiting your inputs once you get the details.

Buddies,
Checked out Skoda's Monte Carlo Edition of Rapid today. The Red color looks really fab![clap]
*Videos coming soon.
Regards
Akash​

Hello Akash, I'm sure this new Rapid edition would be as interesting as its predecessor, going by the details in the thread. My only grouse is the name chosen - Monte Carlo. The name when associated with motor sports evokes expectation & excitement - with such illustrious names as Invicta, Delahaye, Talbot in the early days and Lancia, Renault and Audi in recent times. Certainly Skoda participated (the Fabia R5) in 2011 and 2012 & performed respectably too (2nd & 3rd places). Subsequently they appear to have retired.

And to present this Rapid edition without any WRC embellishments whatsoever - no AWD for starters! - is a big let-down for followers of the sport.
__________________​

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Akash, I'm sure this new Rapid edition would be as interesting as its predecessor, going by the details in the thread.
Hi Sir, I have always believed of Rapid being a very competent and capable performer. Of all the Skoda cars that I have experienced during my dad's tenure with Skoda's power division here in Delhi, I can say that 1st gen Octavia and then the Rapid were two good products. I also loved the RS spec of their earlier gen cars. Monte Carlo in terms of aesthetic add-ons looks nice and as of now there are no technical additions and upgrades but yes, with time and competition I do hope Skoda does provide the required upgrades. I feel in next 2 years, the international design of Rapid should make way in India with Monte Carlo bits.

rapid-mc-design-01.jpg

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom