Nissan June 2017 Indian Car Sales

Renault June 2017 Indian Car Sales

Skoda June 2017 Indian Car Sales

Tata Motors June 2017 Indian Car Sales

Toyota June 2017 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen June 2017 Indian Car Sales

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Chevrolet is closing its operations in India yet they managed to sell the Cruze in 3 figures is kind of a surprise. I can understand Tavera is in fleet business too and Beat has it's loyal base as well but Cruze proved a blessing in disguise for the GM here. Perhaps, an ending 'spark' before final shutdown.

Regards

Akash

We all expected June 2017 to be very low sales thanks to GST and we can probably see all manufacturers doing well in July 2017. Tata Motors 3% Sales drop, Hyundai seems the least affected with 10% drop in Sales and Toyata took a beating, less than 2K Sales compared to 14 K last June. Looks GM clearance Sales too took place. VW seemed to have pulled a rabbit out of the hat tough.

Surprised City Sales increased, for the auto industry June 2017 must have been a terrible month with GST speculation

Interesting month -June 2017.
The Indian Automotive Industry surviving another hurdle -The GST, at a cost of close to 50k units loss in passenger sales MOM.
The next big thing on the road is the upcoming CRASH TEST NORMS for safety.

Total passenger cars sales for June 2017 stands at 199K,
Total passenger cars exports stands at 63K ,thus a total of 262K.
The total production for June 2017 stood at 295K , so there is a chance for huge jump in sales for July,if production remains constant as close to 30K were produced in excess in June 2017 and the positive sentiments due to GST price cuts.

In other news closed GM sold 2K cars for the month!
WR-V sales growing, Honda nailed it or wat?

Honda City back to its throne - hope Honda retains it as GST is in favour for Honda and not for Maruti Ciaz.

SUV numbers would surge for July 2017 -thanks again to GST!
We will be seeing the Jeep data from next reports ?, as the baby Jeep-Compass would be starting its journey prior to the launch.

GST or whatever, the humble OMNI trudging along like a brave soldier @5k units.
Yup ,only strict safety norms could stop the Omni !

Also all time lower sales of Scross may be a GST effect ,but will the facelift & price cut help the car ? Since the Ciaz is also sold through the same window, Scross may feel more heat in the coming months unless MSIL workout a stronger incentive scheme for maintaining Scross wholesales .

Ignis has dropped down from 4518(May) to 3113(June). I think the rear looks are a turn off for many. I expect the sales to drop further. Only the Sigma and Delta variants look like value for money.

Ignis has dropped down from 4518(May) to 3113(June). I think the rear looks are a turn off for many. I expect the sales to drop further. Only the Sigma and Delta variants look like value for money.
Yeah the rear looks ghastly in my opinion and the car overall is overpriced too. Comparatively I find Tiago to be much better VFM offering better looks inside out, features (vis a vis price), comfort whilst missing out on engine refinement (compared to the K-series). Personally I am happy with my Tiago [:)]

Not to read too much in this month due to GST kicking in.

Chevrolet - Impact of GM winding up operations in India showing up. There must be some special offers for Cruze & Travera which is the reason of spike in sales. Cruze is one of the best vehicle from GM stable and will be missed sorely. I see these numbers dwindling soon the offers are withdrawn.

Datsun - Redi-go consistent at 2k. Don't know how their after sales service is doing ?

Fiat - Produce good vehicle and then goof up!!! This seems to be the mantra at Fiat. Can Jeep Compass end the Fiat misery in India ? Pricing will be revealed on 31 July. It will be a hint for Fiat future in India.

Ford - Figo & Aspire both are a very good vehicle. Sorry to see the numbers in which they are churning out. They deserve better numbers. Ecosport sales are on decline. Ford to come up with the Ecosport facelift ASAP ( with testing going on in full swing they might launch it by Oct.'17 ). The impact of GST on Endeavour is quite visible. Ford also keep messing up with the variants of this vehicle.

Honda : Brio & Jazz on the last phase of their sales cycle. Need a revamped version to ignite the sales chart. Honda seems to have pull the plug for Mobilio. Even the website doesn't have Mobilio in their port folio. BRV sales seems to be cannibalized by WRV. WRV settling around 4k mark. Car with sunroof in this price range is the reason ? Just imagine if they have come up with 1.5 iVtec rather than 1.2. Honda city trumped Ciaz this time around. Nothing to be written for Accord and CRV . It is time to excite D segment by bringing on sexy Civic to India.

Hyundai - The only manufacturer who have cars in top 5 apart from cars from Maruti stable. All the cars doing fairly well even the over priced Creta. With the GST rolling out the prices of Creta slashed a bit so I see it to continue its stellar performance. Verna facelift is around the corner and I hope it will give Honda City & Ciaz tough fight ( if not run for their money ). Tucson very overpriced product and the numbers show the same. Wait for the next month figure to see if consumers lap this product a bit more. If Compass is priced aggressively i see the impact on Tucson and slightly on Creta top end as well. Santa -fe why Hyundai is trying to sell this car ?

Mahindra - The only saving grace is Bolero ( thanks to the semi urban & rural demands ) , Scorpio & XUV 500. XUV 500 might be the other vehicle which is feeling heat first from Hexa & now from Compass. KUV100 & TUV300 selling around 2k. Unable to sell a single unit of Rexton ??

Maruti - The undisputed leader. Nothing to write much as the numbers speak up for themselves. With the price cuts for S-Cross it is looking more VFM now. Ciaz is also moved to Nexa and slight upgrade is around the corner. This will further boost the sales for Maruti.

Nissan - Not sure about their marketing strategy. Heard they have started working on the next generation Sunny but it will come in 2018 only.

Renault - Nothing exciting apart from Kwid. With Kaptur being testing all around it seems to be launched pretty soon. Can it be a winner just like Kwid ? Time will tell. Duster amazing vehicle but with 2 decade old interiors. If Renault have just upgraded the interiors they can sell this in tune of 5-6 k per month IMO.

Skoda - Another manufacturer with having issue with the after sales support and this is visible in their sales chart. With face lifted Octavia priced pretty well can it do numbers ? Kodiaq launch is also around the corner. I definitely pray Rapid to sell more in numbers. It is a pretty good package.

Tata - Good to see Tiago going strong. Tigor also settling up 2.5 k units. Somehow to me this is the best package for trimmed sedans . Tata deciding to discontinue Tata Safari Dicor , think Sumo & Indica will be discontinued soon. RIP Tata Safari !!! Hexa need better number please. This is an awesome vehicle . All the auto enthusiasts liked it but sad to see the numbers it is raking in.

Toyota - A manufacturer which enjoy the badge preference by Indians. The only reason why overpriced Innova Crysta is selling like hot cakes. Impact of GST is visible on Fortuner. Toyota seriously need to bring Vios ASAP to India to excite C2 segment.

Volkswagen - Ameo cannibalizing the sales of Vento. Will be fun to see the numbers Tiguan is going to make. To me it is a bit over priced even after price correction post GST.

P.S : The opinion above are personal and doesn't meant to offend any make or any model.

Aks

July 2017
Toyota
After its dismal dispatches ( purposely done due to GST) TKM posts its best ever July figures at 17,750 units.
The company sold over 9,300 units of its multi purpose vehicle Innova Crysta last month. It also retailed 3,400 units of Fortuner in July.

Source:ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom