Ford India Recalls Fiesta Classic and Figo

Thread Starter #1
Ford recalls Fiesta Classic, Figo to fix steering hose.

This is not the first time that the company has recalled these cars to replace the power steering hose. In September 2013, it had initiated a recall of over 1.66 lakh units of the Fiesta Classic and Figo – manufactured and sold between January 2010 and August 2010 and from March 2011 to November 2011 – for issue related to the steering hose and rear suspension.

Affected models manufactured at Ford's Chennai plant between 2004 and 2012. It is estimated that 39,315 units of both the vehicles – made at the company’s Chennai plant between 2004 and 2012 – could be affected by a potential concern related to high-pressure power steering hose.

The issue is potential for the power steering fluid to come into contact with the vehicle’s exhaust system components, creating the potential for smoke and, in extremely rare cases a thermal incident or fire.

Ford will reach out to affected customers through its dealerships.

Source- ACI

Last edited:
Do you have more information on this or where can I find more details. I have a ford classic 1.4 D manufactured in Dec 2012 but registered in Jan 2013.

350Z

Core Team
The issue is potential for the power steering fluid to come into contact with the vehicle’s exhaust system components, creating the potential for smoke and, in extremely rare cases a thermal incident or fire.
This is the same issue which was reported during recent service of my Fiesta. I'm yet to hear from Ford. Their Field Service Action Portal doesn't help either.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom