Volkswagen May 2017 Indian Car Sales

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
SIAM Sales Summary Report: May 2017

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 4,675,407 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-May 2017 as against 4,313,445 in April- May 2016, registering a growth of 8.39 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sale of Passenger Vehicles grew by 11.73 percent in April-May 2017 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicle and Vans grew by 11.15 percent, 16.19 percent and 0.37 percent respectively in April-May 2017 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment declined by (-) 14.40 percent in April-May 2017 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) declined by (-) 43.63 percent, while Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 8.28 percent in April-May 2017 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 24.84 percent in April-May 2017 over the same period last year. Within the Three Wheelers, Passenger Carrier sales registered a de-growth of (-) 31.69 percent, while Goods Carrier grew by 7.15 percent in April-May 2017 over April-May 2016.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 9.58 percent in April-May 2017 over April-May 2016. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters and Motorcycles grew by 24.67 percent and 4.04 percent respectively, while Mopeds declined by (-) 10.01 percent in April-May 2017 over April-May 2016.

Exports

In April-May 2017, overall automobile exports grew by 19.29 percent. While Passenger Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered a growth of 19.24 percent, 35.76 percent and 19.98 percent respectively, while Commercial Vehicle exports declined by (-) 33.27 percent in April-May 2017 over the same period last year.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I see falling nano..indica..bolt..zest..sumo..hehexa...venture sales
Not so good
The new dzire will soon hit the tigor
I guess we should look at sales 6 months later

I can't digest the figures of 727 for Tata Hexa. What is the hype all about?
These are factory despatches, not the actual sales nos which are different.

As per the conversation with the dealer, they are not taking delivery of new vehicles despite bookings as well due to GST and trying to sell the existing stock until unless the owner is ready to take the delivery immediately, as under GST there is some rule of converting only 60% current stock under GST with rebate. And Tata will not give the discount/margin to the dealers as they already playing with very fewer margins in these newly launched products.

Even if you see all SUV's are showing declines:

Make.... April May Mom Change Yoy Change
Innova 6589 5643 -14.36% -22.26%
Fortuner 2226 1961 -11.90%

Last edited:
We all want Tata to grow, but we don't want to buy it. Hexa is an example. Most reviewers across the various internet forums and media rated it top notch. But nobody is willing to put money on it. Innova Crysta on the other hand, despite having too many reported niggles is selling like hot cakes. We compare Tigor with Dzire, despite having price difference of around 1.5 lakh across the variants. Why such over expectations from Tata ? Tiago is doing good, but it still deserves more.

I can't digest the figures of 727 for Tata Hexa. What is the hype all about?
As kasscon said its the GST effect since the AutoPunditz figures for Tata Motors are the whole sale numbers shipped to the dealers. Also note the -Ve MOM on most of the models for every manufacturer in the given data.

As per the SIAM sales report according to ET Auto Tata Motors sales for may 2017 stands at 12,499 Units but the data is yet to be verified.

Everyone wants to see TATA motors growth and want to see ground breaking products from TATA but if TATA dont look at on their dealerships management they never go up,

Few weeks back I visited to TATA Concorde dealer to enquire about TATA Tigor but their sales management was pathetic they tried to convince me to buy TIAGO instead of TIGOR, They straight away saying that sir TIGOR is one of the worst product TATA we really shy to say this but its true we suggest you to go for TIAGO instead TIGOR. [anger]

they just running behind their commisions and sales margine this has to be change

These are factory despatches, not the actual sales nos which are different.
Yes, noted. But then again I had figures of 2-3K in mind per month. May be my expectation was too much, but the reviews were too good to be true. And indeed it looked beautiful when I looked at it in person in Aihole. After building such a nice product, if you can't target even a 3K vehicles across-all-over-India, something wrong with the TML management.

- GST - 60% current stock - rebate - Tata - dealers.
This is an industry problem. It is a simple mathematic. Between small - large cars, GST will average out like current excise/sales taxes. There may be a small residual % which can be given a one-time compensation to the dealers. Don't know why this is being treated as a huge issue. I am not sure if dealers are hiding behind this issue, let us see in the coming months.

Even if you see all SUV's are showing declines:
Make.... April May Mom Change Yoy Change
Innova 6589 5643 -14.36% -22.26%
Fortuner 2226 1961 -11.90%
As kasscon said its the GST effect since the AutoPunditz figures for Tata Motors are the whole sale numbers shipped to the dealers. Also note the -Ve MOM on most of the models for every manufacturer in the given data.
Yes, saw that as well. All manufacturers excepting M&M (by a small margin though). My explanation (to myself) was that they manufactured more in March anticipating more orders & rationalised production in April. And hence the drastic change across segments / manufacturers.

Innova Crysta on the other hand, despite having too many reported niggles is selling like hot cakes.
What niggles? More of nitpicking, if you ask me. In all probability, Hexa may have more. So let us hold the horses here.

Yes, noted. But then again I had figures of 2-3K in mind per month. May be my expectation was too much, but the reviews were too good to be true. And indeed it looked beautiful when I looked at it in person in Aihole. After building such a nice product, if you can't target even a 3K vehicles across-all-over-India, something wrong with the TML management.
Well its not TML management completely, They have an uphill task of working against psyche of indian customer.
Tata is a well respected brand. Yes Tata is great, it is good, but I will not buy tata. I will buy any thing that is foreign because foreign products are good.

Another point is Tata ASS sucks. Where as I have a different experience, and so do most of the Hexa owners too. So they are definitely improving but on a whole for most indians who are to buy a car, Toyota, and Suzuki yes without even thinking. And Tata no even after seeing and experiencing the car.

This is something very difficult for management to turn around in quick time. They wil have to come with great products one after the other. They had brought Vista, Zest and Bolt and now Tiago is getting the decent traction.
Similarly They now have Storme and Hexa should make numbers slowly.

TML management but still need to pull up socks and start advertisiing the hexa morein news papers, TV and conduct more shows like the ones they are doing for hexa. For now TML has to put in a lot but its not easy.

What niggles? More of nitpicking, if you ask me. In all probability, Hexa may have more. So let us hold the horses here.
Not nitpicking for sure. Crysta is infamous for not being as reliable as its predecessor was. Various ownership reviews at online forums varify this. Couple of owners have even reported water leaking problem in a brand new Toyota. Here are a couple of threads from an online forum :

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?

Last edited:
I humbly request all fellow TAI members here to seriously look at the bigger picture.For some reason Japanese manufacturers have gone greedy.May be something to do with their economy.There has been some serious lack of innovation from Land of rising Sun,at least in Mass market automobile.Reliabiliy is a thing of past, Germans & Americans are at par with reliability if not better.Infact they have gone up in reliability much,only that Japanese have gone down.Low cost of ownership is a myth too,I own a Japanese,German,Korean all same segment cars..... German has been cheapest to own & most reliable.

I humbly request all fellow TAI members here to seriously look at the bigger picture.For some reason Japanese manufacturers have gone greedy.May be something to do with their economy.There has been some serious lack of innovation from Land of rising Sun,at least in Mass market automobile.Reliabiliy is a thing of past, Germans & Americans are at par with reliability if not better.Infact they have gone up in reliability much,only that Japanese have gone down.Low cost of ownership is a myth too,I own a Japanese,German,Korean all same segment cars..... German has been cheapest to own & most reliable.
Well indian cars for that matter also offer bang for the buck in the segment. I think they are no less than the germans or the japs or the korean ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom