Mahindra Scorpio AT Stopped: Why?

Thread Starter #1
I was browsing through the official website of the Scorpio the day before yesterday and was surprised to see the price for the AT 2WD and 4WD variants missing.

I then contacted their customer care to check but they were not aware of any such development. After this, twitter showed it power and Mahindra has now officially confirmed that they have discontinued the Scorpio AT on both the variants.

While this wasn't the best AT, it was the only AT 4WD BOF SUV in its segment and I have seen quite a few 2/4WD ATs on the streets across the country. It wasn't a sales dud.

So this abrupt halt to production, to me means that M&M is readying an all new AT Scorpio with a different AT box. Could there be some other reason as well?

Attachments

Re: Scorpio AT Stopped: Why?

May be they want to plonk the 6 speed AT of XUV in scorpio. Or may be it wasn't feasible for the company.

Thread Starter #3

May be they want to plonk the 6 speed AT of XUV in scorpio. Or may be it wasn't feasible for the company.
The XUV's 6 speed box wont fit the Scorpio, it is too short. The Scorpio AT was always feasible to M&M, it sold well in the cities as long as it was in production.

Scorpio is a RWD front engine SUV & XUV is FWD front engine car, the gear box architecture is not same because of the engine positioning ,Longitudinal VS transverse , so it's not a direct fit !

This is something else !

Top Bottom