Coverage: Nissan Micra Facelift 2017 Launch

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Nissan Micra Replacement Coming in 2016

Auto rain sensing wipers , auto headlamps and is it 87 bhp ?
Anyways the new generation could have been a game changer. Exact launch date - 2nd june.

Re: Nissan Micra Replacement Coming

I sincerely hope it comes with current Sunny engine tune. This would give one more option to buy along with Aspire/Figo. I am expecting Micra to be placed between Figo and Polo to rival Baleno.

Updated Micra prices leaked.

This is not the new international model , but the current model with a couple of cosmetic updates to this hatchback.

2017 Nissan Micra Active to be priced at Rs 5.01 lakh for the XL trim,
- Rs 5.32 lakh for the XV trim
- Rs 5.81 lakh for the XV safety trim.
The 2017 Micra XV CVT is expected to be priced around Rs 7.40 lakh, all prices ex-Mumbai.

The only addition is the ‘follow me headlamps’ that remain on for a certain duration. The rear profile gets an update in the form of new combination lamps and sportier bumper, making it look comparatively better than the previous iteration. Also, it borrows heavily from the Renault Pulse hatchback. The 2017 Micra doesn’t get any substantial updates in the exterior design.
Inside, the lines and cabin design of the 2017 Nissan Micra Active have been left unchanged. However, to make it look upmarket, Nissan has opted for an all-black dashboard with premium piano-black finish. The steering wheel is all-new and now houses controls to operate Bluetooth telephone and entertainment options. Additionally, it comes equipped with a 2-DIN audio system with Bluetooth, aux-in and USB connectivity and rain-sensing wipers along with automatic headlights. The top-of-the-line XV Safety trim comes with height-adjustment feature as well. The 2017 Micra Active also comes with speed sensing door locks that automatically lock the doors when the vehicle crosses 10kmph. In terms of safety, the Nissan Micra comes with driver airbag as standard while the top-end XV Safety comes with both driver and passenger airbags. In addition, it features engine immobiliser and ABS with EBD.
link

Last edited:

Diesel Top end is expected around the same price as CVT? Also any pointers on the power spec?? Pricing looks to be honest. Hope they back it up proper ASS. If it was not for ASS, this could have been a serious threat to Baleno. This car has the potential to clock 6000 units monthly.

Re: Coverage: Nissan Micra Facelift 2017 Launched

Akash Bhai....did Nissan mention anything about phasing out Micra or Sunny? Or anything about their future roadmap???

Wow, Nissan hats off. What a waste of money! They could just have spent the money on more aggressive marketing. No changes as such and just creating hoopla on the new features.

I hope Nissan does not go the Chevy way. But if they work like this, I think they may too exit the market.

Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Product and Brand Presentation by Nissan
20170602_115911.jpg

20170602_120101.jpg

20170602_120742.jpg

20170602_120835.jpg

20170602_120915.jpg

20170602_121011.jpg

20170602_121110.jpg

Sharing of the above Official Coverage Pics needs full credit to The Automotive India.​

*Videos coming soon.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Wow, Nissan hats off. What a waste of money! They could just have spent the money on more aggressive marketing. No changes as such and just creating hoopla on the new features.

I hope Nissan does not go the Chevy way. But if they work like this, I think they may too exit the market.
True. Also, this is not the first time a Maamu[lol] was made out of me by them. I went with the expectations of seeing the international spec Micra making its way to India but what I saw, I felt, was it really necessary dude? Last time when I went to see the 'new' Terrano, Again a popat made out of me. I mean for 6 Lac Ex-Showroom, why will anyone not consider better interiors and features in i10, Figo, Brio, Tiago and even Polo? I couldn't make out the difference as such from the earlier Micra maybe except for the front bumper. Its high time for Nissan to bring the International version of Micra here so it can compete to i20, Jazz etc. I felt the interiors of this car are too far behind the competition. Seeing this car, I don't know what to say honestly. Adding just 2-3 good features does not make it a well-rounded offering. Also, 'Lead me to Car' feature isn't all that a necessity. Seeing this one, even though I criticize Maruti Suzuki too much, I must say, interiors in Ignis still are much better in comparison to Micra. Just adding Orange accents does not give European Feel, for true European feel, many more potent changes are to be made in interiors.

I was sitting in their conference room and had a glance on the monthly sales target chart which had numbers like 50-70 as monthly targets for the SA(s). I asked their executive, "Does Nissan have that sort of Portfolio where it can expect double digit sales of particular model?" In reply, I got a warm smile from her! On side note, till now, 3 GTR(s) have been rolled out from the showroom all of which were pre-booked.

Akash Bhai....did Nissan mention anything about phasing out Micra or Sunny? Or anything about their future roadmap???
Not anything specific as such in the presentation and the speech. Before anything, Nissan has to match up in terms of aftersales and service with the competition.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Wow! when most of the automobile companies are launching flurry of new models to remain competitive, Nissan comes up with this.I wonder what work does those sitting at higher management drawing handsome salary do? I bet an average TAIger can come up with better strategy and product portfolio management than this.

It seems the company is on a auto pilot mode in terms of market planning with regards to India.Volkswagen, Renault ,Fiat are some companies that have so much potential but are a big disappointment in terms of their product portfolio vis-a-vis Hyundai,Maruti .

Top Bottom