The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Indian Auto Sector (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio Facelift 2017 in Works (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/31363-mahindra-scorpio-facelift-2017-works.html)

Akash1886 29th May 2017 05:29 PM

Mahindra Scorpio Facelift 2017 in Works

2 Attachment(s)
Friends,

Camouflaged Test Mule of Mahindra Scorpio Spotted!

Attachment 226668

Attachment 226669

Quote:

Mahindra is understood to be working on a facelift of the Scorpio, as test mules of the SUV were recently spotted in Karnataka.

This will be the first update for the Scorpio since the launch of the second-gen model in 2014. The test mule spied wore camouflage across the nose, front fenders and the tailgate which indicate a revised front fascia and tweaks to the rear.
Link

Regards

Akash

Sakthivel Rajendran 31st May 2017 04:51 PM

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Facelift 2017 In Works

Even the power output is expected to go up by 20bhp. The final power output would be 140bhp mated to XUV 500 6 speed transmission.

GautamJ 1st June 2017 12:42 AM

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Facelift 2017 In Works

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakthivel Rajendran (Post 539672)
Even the power output is expected to go up by 20bhp. The final power output would be 140bhp mated to XUV 500 6 speed transmission.

It is expected to get present XUV 5OO powertrain.

New XUV 5OO will get 170PS and 400NM of torque

Source: RavenAvi (Team-bhp)

NM9488 4th July 2017 11:51 PM

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Facelift 2017 in Works

5 Attachment(s)
Found few pics at Motor.Vikatan where New SCORPIO is under testing with some cosmetic changes at front & back. Also we can see SCORPIO Getaway is getting New Generation SCORPIO's front facia.
Attachment 228152
Attachment 228153
Attachment 228154
Attachment 228155

Also found rendering by famous rendering desiger SRK Designs.
Link-
2017 Mahindra Scorpio (facelift) - Rendering

Attachment 228156

GautamJ 5th July 2017 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NM9488 (Post 542401)
Also found rendering by famous rendering desiger SRK Designs.
Link-
2017 Mahindra Scorpio (facelift) - Rendering

Attachment 228156

The grill looks hideous to say the least.

vikyjoshi 5th July 2017 02:04 PM

the very first scorpio was really a head turner. post that they have found ways to make it look bad to horrible.
Start with the 3 feet long tail light assembly. then with this referesh with sqauarish head lights Now updating it with look like genio truck and sans fog lamps.

NM9488 5th July 2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikyjoshi (Post 542458)
the very first scorpio was really a head turner. post that they have found ways to make it look bad to horrible.
Start with the 3 feet long tail light assembly. then with this referesh with sqauarish head lights Now updating it with look like genio truck and sans fog lamps.

I am not agree with this. Yes looks of a vehicle is depends upon personal choice but current generation looks much better than previous one. At the same time the grill Mahindra is testing with upcoming SCORPIO is worst looking till date but I guess Mahindra will do something for that!

Very First SCORPIO was head turner because people in India never seen such attempt from Mahindra Or we can say Indian company to give such good looking vehicle. TML Safari was there but it was Rich man's vehicle where Bolero was too much simple vehicle. SCORPIO changed it all so fan following of SCORPIO is very high.

Akash1886 5th July 2017 11:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Friends,

I am no photoshop expert, but I feel instead of using the Imperio Grill, M&M should keep it rather simple and do away with those fangs. I feel the simple the front, the better it shall look. A simple chrome slate or a smoked gray slate will look decent on it.

Regards

Akash

InsaneTurbo 6th July 2017 09:59 AM

Yup a simple mesh type grille is far better for the facelift than the hideous imperio grille !
But I like the fog lamp garnish on the front bumper for this render , super cool whether it's fog lamp or drl it looks good & rangerover inspired , hope it's the official design .

NM9488 8th July 2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneTurbo (Post 542526)
Yup a simple mesh type grille is far better for the facelift than the hideous imperio grille !
But I like the fog lamp garnish on the front bumper for this render , super cool whether it's fog lamp or drl it looks good & rangerover inspired , hope it's the official design .

Yes, that Imperio Grill is eyesore on SCORPIO's SUV design. Hope Mahindra is doing simple testing for 140HP engine with dummy grill of Imperio, just like New Generation SCORPIO spied with Xylo bumper & Bolero's grill.

shreedd 27th September 2017 05:47 PM

Exclusive! New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing

3 Attachment(s)
Hello TAIans. Sorry for late post. Few days back when I was returning from office, I saw Scorpio half camouflaged being tested on the roads of Nashik City. Mahindra's plant lies in Nashik itself. Do anyone have an idea what the company is about to launch? Hope the pictures help you. Sorry for poor picture quality. [:D]

Attachment 232976

Attachment 232977

Attachment 232978

vinayan 27th September 2017 06:36 PM

Re: Exclusive! New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing

Any major changes spotted on front portion ?

shreedd 27th September 2017 06:45 PM

No vinayan, not much difference was seen. Unfortunately i couldn't click pictures of front. I will surely click them next time.

Vishwas 27th September 2017 06:52 PM

Not Much of a difference than a mere face-lift and back-lift as it seems in the spy pics, many auto websites says the engine in the face-lift version will now make 150bhp which makes the monster more meaner.

Sakthivel Rajendran 27th September 2017 09:54 PM

It's a mid cycle facelift as the all new Scorpio is in development and bound be launched by 2020-2021. The good news is that its gonna get the Aisin sourced 6-speed AT from XUV 500. This AT coupled with 4wd would be a good combination. Hope they resolve some of the short comings with the ergonomics ie., no bottle holder on the door panel and accessing the door panel when the doors are closed is next to impossible.