Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Facelift Launched @ 8.49 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
S Cross facelift is now spotted testing in India . Launching in this festive season.

the facelifted S-Cross is more likely to feature the same engines – the 1.3 litre DDiS 200 diesel making 90bhp, 200Nm and 1.6 litre DDiS 320 diesel developing 118bhp and 320Nm. Besides the existing five-speed manual for 1.3L engine and six-speed manual gearbox for 1.6L engine, an automatic version could be slotted in as well.
2017-Maruti-S-Cross-Spied-Testing-in-India-4.jpg
2017-Maruti-S-Cross-Spied-Testing-in-India.jpg
2017-Maruti-S-Cross-Spied-Testing-in-India-2.jpg

Source- GaadiWaadi

Thread Starter #2
Re: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Facelift Launching in October

S Cross to get a petrol variant during its facelift launch. There could be a Petrol AT ( 6AT) as well.
Engine:
1.6 L DOHC VVT - Expect mileage of 20 km/l for MT and 16 km/l for 6AT.

Engine: 86KW/ 117PS @ 6000 rpm
- Torque 151 Nm @ 4400 rpm

1d905cb4.jpg

0.JPG

Source:Suzuki Global

GST kicks in:

The SCROSS post-GST price stands at 11.67 Lakhs for 320 Alpha variant. The car was launched at 13.74 Lakhs initially and had seen massive price cuts due to poor demand .
SCROSS.jpg

IS Maruti still importing Fiat 1.6 Liter engines, rumor is that they may be discontinuing the 1.6 Fiat engine on Face lift so will now try and sell all the DDIS 320 in stock- good time to buy a great performance car- although parts might be expensive, face lift might see both 1.0 Boosterjet and 1.4 L Boosterjet.

Scross at all time low figures of just 228 units for June 2017 , will the facelift work ?
Why S-Cross has clocked such a dismal figure in June ? The only thing which I can think of people holding their decision till the impact of GST is clear. And isn't it turned out a wise decision ? The impact of GST had make S-Cross more VFM package.

IMO July figures will tel us if the customers are really waiting for the face lift .

On a different thought : The car which really need a proper face lift is Duster.

Regards,
Aks

Last edited:

Why S-Cross has clocked such a dismal figure in June ? The only thing which I can think of people holding their decision till the impact of GST is clear. And isn't it turned out a wise decision ?

Regards,
Aks
I guess MSIL had been pushing the car 2K levels to the NEXA for recent months and dealers had enough unsold inventory with them for the June ,July may see a spike in figures due to the cleared inventory & GST price cut ! But there would be a confusion for the NEXA to push the Scross or Ciaz :P !

I wish MSIL launches this variant in India also. It has everything we can ask for. It can beat CRETA in all directions. Cannot understand why they don't go aggressive with fully loaded premium launches.

India-bound Suzuki SX4 facelift (2017 Maruti S-Cross) heads into Taiwan

Customers sure willing to pay 15-17 laks without hesitation for such a loaded vehicle with turbo charged petrol vehicle.

I wish MSIL launches this variant in India also. It has everything we can ask for. It can beat CRETA in all directions. Cannot understand why they don't go aggressive with fully loaded premium launches.

India-bound Suzuki SX4 facelift (2017 Maruti S-Cross) heads into Taiwan

Customers sure willing to pay 15-17 laks without hesitation for such a loaded vehicle with turbo charged petrol vehicle.
MSIL is bringing down the SCross from the price levels at the launch by significant margin around 2 Lakhs to be precise, so how could they relaunch it at higher prices ? its already a dud by maruti standards .Though maruti is marketing it as a crossover, common people seeing it only as a bigger hatchback.
IMO strategy of maruti was a goofed up one ,they shouldn't have launched SCross or Brezza ,but could have brought the Vitara with confidence but they just spoiled their chance through the odd looking S-cross and desi Brezza with outdated interiors & ordinary built. Meanwhile Hyundai's strategy was spot on and they are benefitting from it , I guess Hyundai respected Indian customers much more than MSIL and they are enjoying it!

kkn13

Suspended

If MSIL brings in a diesel AT with that 1.6 , itll surely outsell the VW Vento/Skoda Rapid wherein people go in for the diesel DSG

Thread Starter #12

If MSIL brings in a diesel AT with that 1.6 , itll surely outsell the VW Vento/Skoda Rapid wherein people go in for the diesel DSG
No diesel AT now, facelift will have the petrol in both MT and AT configuration.

The European DNA of SX4 is has AWD or ALL GRIP and ESC as a standard. And the real meaning of crossover is also features of SUV with body type of a car.

I wish INDIAN variant will also have the same.

kkn13

Suspended

No diesel AT now, facelift will have the petrol in both MT and AT configuration.
Thats sad, it wont sell as much unless they do so
I wanted diesel AT version of 1.6 MJD [cry]

Top Bottom