Skoda India's Managing Director Sudhir Rao Resigns

Thread Starter #1
Sudhir Rao, the managing director of Skoda Auto India has resigned from the company. Rao will serve his term until 30th June and the Czech car maker, a subsidiary of Volkswagen may fill the vacancy created by his exit with another Indian executive.

Mr. Rao said he was leaving Skoda to take on new challenges outside the automotive sector.

Rao’s exit happens at a critical time for Skoda, when the parent VW Group is in the middle of discussing a partnership with Tata Motors, which may see Skoda Auto, playing an active role.

Rao who spent over five years and three months at Skoda was responsible for streamlining the loss-making operations and making it profitable. Rao took over the reins as the MD of Skoda Auto in early 2012 filling the void at the company after four years. Skoda did not have an MD from 2008-2012.

Rao had joined Skoda, after spending four years at Renault India as Deputy MD and COO, where he played a key part from Renault's side in the divorce process with Mahindra. And there he defined the comeback plan for Renault India’s solo ride. He worked with General Motors for over two decades and he also had a stint with Avtec Engines, a CK Birla Group company.

Read more at:
Skoda India's Managing Director Sudhir Rao resigns - The Economic Times

Last edited:
I dont know if it is a coincidence or not. But the customer service in Skoda has dramatically improved over the last 2-3 years - the same period when Mr. Rao was at the helm.
The sales and service personnel are more honest. Very recently there was a very good revamp of their showrooms and service centres.

I have personally found these guys better than Ford. I hope Skoda is able to continue with its positive change and not lose track without its leader.

Top Bottom