New Maruti Suzuki Kizashi May Launch in 2019

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi replacement might be under works; Will get a new platform.
Will be a premium offering from NEXA.

1.JPG

Maruti Suzuki is open to developing a new car that will replace the discontinued Kizashi. Recently, while speaking to the media at press conference, Kenichi Ayukawa, CEO and Managing Director – Maruti Suzuki, said, “Can’t deny the possibility of a sedan to replace the space vacant by the discontinued Kizashi
The DDiS320 is likely to be the deisel engine considered as the Kizashi did lack a diesel powertrain when launched in 2011.The Maruti Suzuki Kizashi replacement has to offer premium features along with good interior space. The Maruti Ciaz platform is comparatively smaller one and won’t serve the purpose for a premium sedan. Speaking about the power-trains, the Kizashi replacement should come equipped with the 1.6-litre DDiS diesel engine producing 118 BHP of power and 320 Nm of peak torque, mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox along with an optional automatic transmission. Knowing that the rivals in this segment come equipped with more powerful engines, Maruti Suzuki might consider bringing in the Fiat sourced 2.0-litre MultiJet diesel unit along with its own petrol power-train.
link

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Maruti Suzuki could launch the Next Gen Kizashi - 2019

Why is Maruti always messing up variants, engines and transmissions off late :(
Ciaz,Ertiga needs 1.6
Kiazashi should be 2.0

They need a solid diesel AT across their portfolio(not AMT)

I personally don't think that Maruti will launch a new D-segment sedan anytime soon. This particular segment is already facing dropping sales figures, mainly due to the competition from similarly priced crossovers and SUVs. And there is no doubt about the fact that the Indian market is paying a lot more attention to crossovers than to sedans.

And even if Maruti does decide to introduce a new contender in this segment, I highly doubt it will be named the Kizashi. Why carry on the burden of a flopped product on a completely new car?

I personally don't think that Maruti will launch a new D-segment sedan anytime soon. This particular segment is already facing dropping sales figures, mainly due to the competition from similarly priced crossovers and SUVs. And there is no doubt about the fact that the Indian market is paying a lot more attention to crossovers than to sedans.

And even if Maruti does decide to introduce a new contender in this segment, I highly doubt it will be named the Kizashi. Why carry on the burden of a flopped product on a completely new car?
Look what they have done with Baleno, given the roll Maruti is on, I think they will bring a D segment Sedan and price it slightly cheaper than the competion with the new Fiat 2.0 Diesel Engine. Can't see why they have contracted 1.5 Lac unit of Fiaat 2.0 Diesel engines if not for Grand Vitara and Kizashi

Look what they have done with Baleno, given the roll Maruti is on, I think they will bring a D segment Sedan and price it slightly cheaper than the competition with the new Fiat 2.0 Diesel Engine. Can't see why they have contracted 1.5 Lac unit of Fiat 2.0 Diesel engines if not for Grand Vitara and Kizashi
The contract is for 1.3L engine and not 2.0L engine and even if they bring Kizashi with 2L engine in 2019, there is no way they can sell 1.5lacs unit in the 3 years of contact time.

Top Bottom