One thing is for sure and Honda did learn from it.
If a car is priced at Premium over others, buyers will not prefer it due to high price. This is exactly what happened to Jazz when Honda overpriced it considerably. Hope Honda does not repeat mistake again when they launch new one in 2014
Here are some important specs i have traced out on new Jazz
1. It will retain its Mono-Volume shape
2. Focus will be on Interior Space(Like the current Jazz)
3. It will be loaded with features
4. It will have 3 engine options, 1.2P,1.5P(Hot Hatch) & 1.5D.
5. Honda is aiming i20 as the major threat. Will trounce i20 if priced well
Here are some of the Reasons why Jazz failed and i20 clicked even though former was better then latter
1. The i20 felt VFM
compared to Jazz. (Only because it was cheaper then Jazz)
2. Hyundai has more service centers then Honda.(Both Brands ASS
3. For me the biggest letdown was lack of Diesel Engine(New one will have oil-burner)
4. i20 scores only in terms of Looks,Equipment,Engine. Yet it sells (7000-8000 units/month).
I hope new Jazz will trounce its Rivals just like its siblings City,Civic,Accord,CRV did against their rivals.