Hyundai i20 Facelift Now Launched

Thread Starter #1

Attachments

re: Hyundai i20 Facelift Spied,Now Launched!

Hyundai's Elite facelift spied again,
Hyundai-Elite-i20-Front-Spied.jpg
Hyundai-Elite-i20-Headlamp.jpg
Hyundai-Elite-i20-Spotted-Rear.jpg
Hyundai-Elite-i20-Bonnet.jpg
2018-Hyundai-Elite-i20-Interiors.jpg
2018-Hyundai-Elite-i20-Spied-1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 will receive minor tweaks to the front bumper and headlamps, alloy wheels on it which are inspired from Alfa Romeo, will get Hyundai’s signature hexagonal front grille with chrome slats. Hyundai has also tweaked the front bumper and the headlights get a new updated design.

link

IMO, not worth waiting for it. Will definitely not be worth the expected disproportionate upward price revision of the new model.

Hyundai Elite i20 facelift -2018

Hyundai's Elite facelift is seen testing in India and Europe and is expected to be unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo,

Capture.JPG
Hyundai are also believed to be testing their 1.0-litre Kappa T-GDI turbo-petrol motor, which may be offered in addition to the existing engine line-up.

Source- Auto news

A 6 speed AT on petrol or the Diesel both will be a welcome move but am worried Hyundai might end with the same old engines and gearboxes with some exterior tweaks and bling bling features to bump up the price. Seriously dislike Hyundai subtracting features on facelifts and some uneven variant wise features distribution.
Please prove me wrong Hyundai. And BTW it is 2018 soon, 4 speed ATs should now be gone for good

A Seriously dislike Hyundai subtracting features on facelifts and some uneven variant wise features distribution.
Please prove me wrong Hyundai. And BTW it is 2018 soon, 4 speed ATs should now be gone for good
I seriously think that is going to happen here too. For example, The new Verna misses a ton of features that the old Verna had. Including a rear disc brake option! Now its drum in the all new Verna [frustration]. Maybe they are waiting to put it all back into Verna for the face-lifted All New Verna which would come in 2 years. But Hyundai's feature omitting is gaining popularity for sure.

I seriously think that is going to happen here too. For example, The new Verna misses a ton of features that the old Verna had. Including a rear disc brake option! Now its drum in the all new Verna [frustration]. Maybe they are waiting to put it all back into Verna for the face-lifted All New Verna which would come in 2 years. But Hyundai's feature omitting is gaining popularity for sure.
I would rather call it smart marketing move from hyundai by deleting a few less recognised features like rear discs they gave segment first features like cooled seats and panaromic sunroof(city has sunroof though) , smart opening for boot also both android auto and apple car play which are visible to eye features I know the enthusiast will pick out what's missing but common janta (public) won't because there is too much hub-hub over these new gizmos.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended

Having driven old and new Verna, I didnt feel any braking issues
In fact handling , braking etc seem to have improved drastically as has the steering feedback

I, for one, feel that Hyundai might not omit equipment in this minor facelift. They have already removed quite a lot of equipment.

The Elite i20, when launched, already lacked some equipment that the old i-gen i20 had. The i-gen i20 was the most loaded hatchback of it's time, with segment-leading features such as 6 airbags, rear-wheel disc brakes, sunroof, telescopic steering adjustment, etc. Hyundai skimped all these on the Elite i20. And then later, they omitted some more minor equipment like leather wrapping in some places, passenger-side vanity mirror, etc from some lower variants.

IMHO, the exterior design need not be tinkered with at all. The car still looks fresh and the design hasn't aged one bit.

I really wish Hyundai utilises this opportunity to re-introduce some of the lost features. Some of these, like rear-wheel disc brakes, if reintroduced, will still be segment leading features.

Last edited:

The bling bling aam junta to be blamed for this. Yes the previous gen Verna had all four disc brakes but pretty bad driving dynamics, Hyundai worked on the driving dynamics a bit on this one and then skipped the rear disc brakes. If Other manufacturers come up with better substitute, Verna will again get down to where it was before the facelift was launched.
And as per Hyundai cars i concerned, i am not going the Hyundai way anytime soon.

Top Bottom