Ford Officially Launches Aspire & Figo Hatch Sports Variant

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Ford India has launched the Sports Variant of the Aspire Compact Sedan and the Figo Hatchback. The Aspire Sports begins at Rs. 6.51 Lacs Ex-Showroom Delhi and Figo Sports Hatchback begins at Rs. 6.32 Lacs Ex-Showroom Delhi.

C9lR1vSV0AEw2Z1.jpg

safe_image.jpg

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Figo looks miles better than Aspire. Great job indeed. However I am worried about the headlights. Headlights as such is not a strength in Figo or Aspire. With this blacked out headlights, I am wondering if it's mandatory to go for a better bulb for sure. Fatter tyres and a stiffer suspension is a welcome addition for the cornering enthusiasts. Commendable job by Ford yet could have given more.

What is this Secondary Clutch Switch that is part of the Sport variant?
Heard its in VW cars for Cruise control. Don't know whats its duty in Aspire and Figo. But fatter tyres, Better suspension with option of 6 airbags makes the Figo sports twins a compelling buy. Now if only the 1.2 petrol is replaced by a 1.0 Ecoboost. [:)]

Last edited:
I am not sure about better suspension. This is stiffer suspension. This would be more jarring ride on our pot holed roads but a peach on ghat roads and winding highways. It depends on the usage.

I was able to see only two 'mechanical' changes
1. Stiffer Suspension
2. Secondary Clutch Switch.

I understand the benefits of stiffer suspension but I dont know what secondary clutch means and its benefits

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Checked out today the Ford Figo Sports at Noida Dealer. The car was not registered so TD wasn't possible. Here are the pics of the car.

20170418_123448.jpg

20170418_123453.jpg

20170418_123458.jpg

20170418_123505.jpg

20170418_123509.jpg

20170418_123520.jpg

20170418_123527.jpg

20170418_123641.jpg

20170418_123620.jpg

20170418_123604.jpg

20170418_123552.jpg

20170418_123540.jpg

Sharing of these pics needs full credit to The Automotive India.

Regards

Akash

It is great to see Ford has listened to customers and provided the necessary tweaks/upgrades to the new Figo/Aspire twins and lauch it as Figo/Aspire Sports along with optional 6 airbags.
I have a couple of questions after the launch of the new Figo S. Could somebody clarify if possible.

1.) I checked with my SA whether now i can able to upgrade to 15" wheels after the launch of Figo S. He immediately denied that my suspension warranty will be Void. He also said that 15" wheels are only for Figo S as the suspension has been tweaked accordingly and not for the regular Figo [frustration].. He also said they wont be selling the new 15" alloys for purchase from dealer end.
Now my question is, how long normally Ford provides warranty for suspension (i have extended warranty for 5 years). So atleast i can now upgrade wheels after that.

2.) He even said tyre profile upgrade also not recommended for regular Figo (like 185/65 R14).[gun] Is this true. Will they void warranty even for tyre upgrade?

3.) How do i proceed if i wanted to upgrade the suspension to that of the Figo S after my warranty is over. Generally what parts (both front and rear) i need to change to make the suspension like the Figo S.

How i wish the Figo S was available during my purchase. I would have purchased this without a second thought. However, i don't have any regrets now as my current regular Figo is serving me fine. But, Titanium version with six airbags are just fine, as the extra bits in Titanium+ are not worth (except addl. airbags). I have never used voice commands in my car yet and dont think its needed. Instead MyFord Dock would be very useful.

kkn13

Suspended
It is great to see Ford has listened to customers and provided the necessary tweaks/upgrades to the new Figo/Aspire twins and lauch it as Figo/Aspire Sports along with optional 6 airbags.
I have a couple of questions after the launch of the new Figo S. Could somebody clarify if possible.

1.) I checked with my SA whether now i can able to upgrade to 15" wheels after the launch of Figo S. He immediately denied that my suspension warranty will be Void. He also said that 15" wheels are only for Figo S as the suspension has been tweaked accordingly and not for the regular Figo [frustration].. He also said they wont be selling the new 15" alloys for purchase from dealer end.
Now my question is, how long normally Ford provides warranty for suspension (i have extended warranty for 5 years). So atleast i can now upgrade wheels after that.

2.) He even said tyre profile upgrade also not recommended for regular Figo (like 185/65 R14).[gun] Is this true. Will they void warranty even for tyre upgrade?

3.) How do i proceed if i wanted to upgrade the suspension to that of the Figo S after my warranty is over. Generally what parts (both front and rear) i need to change to make the suspension like the Figo S.

How i wish the Figo S was available during my purchase. I would have purchased this without a second thought. However, i don't have any regrets now as my current regular Figo is serving me fine. But, Titanium version with six airbags are just fine, as the extra bits in Titanium+ are not worth (except addl. airbags). I have never used voice commands in my car yet and dont think its needed. Instead MyFord Dock would be very useful.
Yeah MyFord Dock + Android Auto beats SYNC anyday in my eyes at least
As for tyre queries, ask Ford Twitter or email directly, SA's usually just say stuff to scare you

Considering how poor the Figo/Aspires headlight is I think blackening some part of the headlight such as seen in the pics might actually throw more focused and concentrated lights on the road and anyway what could be worse than what it is already. I believe the reflectors are of poor quality in the first place. Any higher wattage and it burns the reflectors and secondly due to the long sweeping design of the headlight there might be unnecessary scattering and bad focus. Only a real world application will tell how good the lights are though blacked out. But the Sport Edition mods look quite good and tasteful unlike some we have seen from other manufacturers. The Diesel is a stonker already and will live upto the Sports monicker but its the Petrol which will be all show and no go.

hmm. I hope there is race track shootout with both the Figo engines and sports variants, with Baleno with all 3 engines especially RS version and the Polo GT twins also included. This should bring out which is the enthusiasts affordable hatchback.

Yeah MyFord Dock + Android Auto beats SYNC anyday in my eyes at least
As for tyre queries, ask Ford Twitter or email directly, SA's usually just say stuff to scare you
Thanks. Will try this and see what they say.

I also have another query. I heard that Figo S comes with a beefed up anti-roll bar in front. So does that mean the regular diesel variant already have it? If yes, how do i check and confirm if my car have anti-roll bar or not. I mean by physical inspection.

Last edited:
Thanks. Will try this and see what they say.

I also have another query. I heard that Figo S comes with a beefed up anti-roll bar in front. So does that mean the regular diesel variant already have it? If yes, how do i check and confirm if my car have anti-roll bar or not. I mean by physical inspection.
Anti-roll bar comes in Titanium and Titanium+ variant (in P and D) I guess.
Check AHC Figo trend ownership thread, he has mentioned where anti-roll bars are.

https://www.autoo.com.br/teste-ford-ka-se-plus-automatico-2019/
Test drive review of new Ford Aspire that is to be launched soon in India
Seems like Ford has done 4 major things
1. Improve structural rigidity by 5.3% compared to current Figo and Aspire models to ace the NCAP safety tests
2. Added new 1.5l Dragon petrol and Automatic by phasing out the ageing 1.5 TiVCT and DCT200 dual clutch auto
3. New infotainment based on touch screens all mimic the SYNC 3 for lower models and SYNC 3 itself in highest models.
4. Improved mechanical to make car more fun to drive

Top Bottom