Chevrolet Sonic is New Generation Aveo

Thread Starter #1
*Available efficient Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at an estimated 138 horsepower (103 kW) – 18 horsepower (14 kW) more than Ford Fiesta – that delivers competitive fuel economy. It’s the same engine used in the Chevrolet Cruze in a smaller, lighter package for a greater feeling of performance

* Standard Ecotec 1.8L engine paired with five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions

* Ecotec 1.4L turbo available with a six-speed manual transmission

* Ride and handling tuned by Chevy Corvette engineers; standard electronic power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing

* Sedan model offers segment-best trunk capacity that is greater than most compact cars; hatchback and sedan offer better rear-seat roominess than Ford Fiesta. With a rear seat that folds nearly flat, the Sonic hatchback has greater cargo capacity than Fiesta

* Connectivity includes OnStar with six months of Turn-by-Turn navigation. Available features include XM Satellite Radio, USB and Bluetooth functionality and MyChevrolet mobile application with OnStar MyLink vehicle connectivity

* Remote start, heated front seats and sunroof, all rarities in the segment

* Comprehensive safety features include 10 standard air bags, antilock brakes, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response.

Attachments

If this is going to be the replacement for the ageing Chevrolet Aveo, then add me to the list of prospective buyers. To me interiors look really magnificent. In any case, i love that Beat'ish instrument cluster which adds a sporty touch to the interiors.
Talking about the exteriors, the tail lamps look a bit similar to that current gen Optra Magnum's. The headlamp design as well looks to have taken brainwave from that of Lancer EVOX! On the whole everything appears to have been composed together well.

Standard Ecotec 1.8L engine paired with five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions
I doubt the Indian version would get a 1.8L motor.

350Z

Core Team
Chevy Sonic’s design is not so impressive unlike the Beat. Though the interiors are best as usual but I will stick to my previously said words – An attractive facelift along with the reasonable price tag will be enough to bring the dull sales of Aveo back to life.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Interiors are just amazing ! Exterior looks much better than the present Aveo. Hope Chevrolet launches the same version (especially the interiors) in India. I loved the design of the fog lamp holder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
i think new aveo aka sonic will look more better in real than pics..and looks beige dash is getting replaced by brown now!!

Sonic looks like Cruze+Optra+Aveo.
I must say that driving an Aveo was my worst experience,as it didn't have any pick-up, too much beige on the interiors which makes reversing and parking very difficult.

350Z

Core Team
I went to a Chevrolet Dealership today, they are ready to offer a fairly good and an attractive deal on the Aveo, though the dull styling is one of the major drawbacks and I am afraid that Sonic is not a great looker either (Especially from rear). Also, they are not informed on what the company is going to do next with this car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Apparently the size of this car is not very sheer though, but I guess the price should fall somewhere in the range of Rs.6 Lakhs onwards. Not anything above it (i.e. in Vento range) will be the best idea.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Speedo meter and fog lamps are near identical to beat. I doubt, whether they will launch the same in India with same interior and if they does than it would not be a 6 lakh rupees car for sure.

No harm in hoping against the odd (for the people who are interested in buying this [;)] )

They've tried to give it a mini Cruze look. Interiors look nice, outside is ok.

Exactly my thought after seeing the pictures! I get a feeling of seeing a shrunk Cruze!

@ 350Z Do you think they will be able to price it at 6Lakhs with all those goodies?

Ha ha good one! Yes if its going to be 6Lakhs i don expect anything apart from ABS and dual airbags! But the Interiors should be left untouched , they are worth paying 6Lakhs!

Top Bottom