Mahindra March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Maruti Suzuki March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Nissan March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Renault March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Skoda March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Tata Motors March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Toyota March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen March 2017 Indian Car Sales

Thanks Vibhor, for your monthly cars sales presentation.

Maruti Suzuki is running away with more than 50+% of the market, all others except Hyundai have to still get their act together.

Maruti is clearly has the best strategy-new products regularly in every category and now slowly moving up the value chain
Kudos to Hyundai for sticking in there
M and M are doing a commendable job-the sales of the Bolero are back on fire-? the BS3 fire sale :-)
Toyota must be laughing to the bank with the Crysta margins
The Rest are slowly progressing; Viva the Kwid

kkn13

Suspended
Can you believe that? Baleno is the 2nd highest selling vehicle next only to Alto + K10. How did that happen?
Baleno, Brezza, Creta have insane waiting periods since launch till date
My SIL waited more than 3 months for Baleno
Creta was 2.5 months last I checked
Brezza was 4 months in October

Tata whether you like it or not you will have to market the Hexa at least the base model hard to the tour and cab operators. And also pitch it more at the District rich buyers looking at genuine people mover. The city folks are a finicky lot and sub 1000 sales is not going to sustain such a good product. Vista has to go and Bolt has to be prioritised in its place. Indica despite its age is a direct profit maker for Tata every month and the rural folks still love Jr.

Ford Figo twins are doing a yo yo and selling 3000 copies between them. If you look at month on month either of them are either biggest gainer or biggest loser. Looks like Ford is prioritising its sales alternating month on month. The Ecosport is still doing decent numbers and hopefully its replacement will do better than now.

Honda. The only thing interesting is the brand name. Apart from that they really have a very boring line up. I think the company needs a shake up and new faces in its management with new ideas maybe. The Jazz platform needs a replacement asap and over indulgence of RV BrV Crv Hrv Wrv is not going to help matters.

Maruti, Hyundai quite predictable. Renault- Nissan doing okish.

Honda. The only thing interesting is the brand name. Apart from that they really have a very boring line up. I think the company needs a shake up and new faces in its management with new ideas maybe. The Jazz platform needs a replacement asap and over indulgence of RV BrV Crv Hrv Wrv is not going to help matters.
The only boring aspect of their lineup is the 1.2 petrol engine which is being flogged from the Brio all the way up to the WRV. Its rather funny that the sales-dud Mobilio features the 1.5 litre version and the Jazz/WRV do not. Jazz with the 1.5 (even with a CVT) would have been a choice for me during my recent acquisition process. The Jazz 1.2 simply did not have the performance befitting its design.

kkn13

Suspended
The only boring aspect of their lineup is the 1.2 petrol engine which is being flogged from the Brio all the way up to the WRV. Its rather funny that the sales-dud Mobilio features the 1.5 litre version and the Jazz/WRV do not. Jazz with the 1.5 (even with a CVT) would have been a choice for me during my recent acquisition process. The Jazz 1.2 simply did not have the performance befitting its design.
Wiser words have not been spoken !!
I find the entire Brio-platform fiasco rather unnecessary

Seems Honda has realized this mistake and is using the Civic and Jazz platforms again like they did upto 2013.
Honda City 3rd gen, CRV (2007-2012), Civic, Jazz were all based off the same Civic platform and had appropriate engines and transmission options along with excellent interiors(except Jazz 1st gen also had 1.2 IVTEC, otherwise excellent car).

Brio platform cars never felt "Honda" in the true sense except for engines. 4th gen city isnt upto par in terms of fit and finish as the 3rd gen City IVTEC imho.

CRV lacked diesel option and current model sales also dipped because of that, the upcoming one is apparently getting the good old 2.4 IVTEC, 1.5 Turbo VTEC and 1.6 Turbo IDTEC as an option in India,I hope this comes soon.

WRV too is getting 1.5 IVTEC + CVT according to rumours. If they get a good AT for the IDTEC, I think itll boom the segment

WRV too is getting 1.5 IVTEC + CVT according to rumours. If they get a good AT for the IDTEC, I think itll boom the segment
I think this combo will put WRV at around 11.5 lakhs Ex-showroom, which probably may not garner much sales because there is the City in that price range. Not to mention there are other options in this price range from other manufacturers. Now instead I feel 1.5+CVT or 1.5 MT in Jazz should spruce things up a bit. A Jazz sport version [:D].

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
March 2017: SIAM Sales Summary Report

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 25,316,044 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-March 2017 as against 24,016,599 in April-March 2016, registering a growth of 5.41 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 9.23 percent in April-March 2017 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans grew by 3.85 percent, 29.91 percent and 2.37 percent respectively during April-March 2017 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 4.16 percent in April-March 2017 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) grew by 0.04 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 7.41 percent during April-March 2017 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 4.93 percent in April-March 2017 over the same period last year. Passenger Carrier sales declined by (-) 8.83 percent and Goods Carrier sales grew by 12.75 percent in April-March 2017 over April-March 2016.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 6.89 percent during April-March 2017 over April-March 2016. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 11.39 percent, 3.68 percent and 23.02 percent respectively in April-March 2017 over April-March 2016.

Exports

In April-March 2017, overall automobile exports declined by (-) 4.50 percent. While Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles exports registered a growth of 16.20 percent and 4.99 percent respectively, exports of Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers declined by (-) 32.77 percent and (-) 5.78 percent respectively in April-March 2017 over April-March 2016.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

kkn13

Suspended
I think this combo will put WRV at around 11.5 lakhs Ex-showroom, which probably may not garner much sales because there is the City in that price range. Not to mention there are other options in this price range from other manufacturers. Now instead I feel 1.5+CVT or 1.5 MT in Jazz should spruce things up a bit. A Jazz sport version [:D].
True but WR-V has better GC and caters to different people. As for other manufacturers, Ecosport DCT is too sedate and is a DCT(reliability and maintenance concerns) , Brezza has 1.3 MJD and is only manual and upcoming AMT, AMT is too jerky and will feel out of place on more more expensive cars.
Jazz with 1.5 IVTEC would be amazing too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom