• Ford Aspire

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Tata Zest

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Volkswagen Ameo

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
As we got Different options and new entrants in the Sub 4 meter CS sedan segment. I wish to start this thread/poll to get the Ideas and comments for clarity and thoughts.

Let's discuss the positives & negatives of the vehicles below

Last edited:
Re: Sub 4m Compact Sedan war

Any reason why not VW Ameo?

Voted for Ford Aspire, find it to offer best deals of both world, engine + features and might have upper hand in NVH too.

Thread Starter #4

VW baby was a miss and coz of the sales that we see[frustration]

Mods: Please add AMEO in the poll as well[cry]

Coming to Voting- I opted for Tigor and ruled out Aspire for below mentioned reasons:

#Build quality and Interior seems better in Tigor
#Styling is much better in Tigor
#Projector Headlamps & LED tail lamps
#Petrol motor with balancing shaft is now smooth and fuel efficient
#Resale value of Tigor would be better than Aspire in our area (Bathinda)
#Tata ASS is now performing better than the Ford ASS
#Availability of spares would be much easy and cheap than Ford
#Harman Infotainment system
#cool looking 5 15' Alloy wheels
#Tigor is VFM and the prices of Aspire will increase in April

And at last it is an Indian-built car[;)]

Below mentioned were the points which tried to push for Aspire but could not:

#4 Airbags however it will be in use only when rear belts are engaged and passengers in the rear cabin
#4 cylinder engine but with a cost

Last edited:

Some of my points are similar to what Kasscon said. But the main reason for why Tigor is VFM atleast for Petrol. While for Diesel Tigor I feel could have been priced 10k cheaper, the petrol one is spot on. Its not just a Tiago with a boot as an ignorant enthusiast may call but I can give atleast 15 differences between Tiago and Tigor. People are comparing xzo with top models of other cars like zxi of Dzire or Titanium of Aspire but features wise its xz which is a better comparo with those models and there's around ~1.2L OTR difference between the two. VFM is a groundbreaking factor for me atleast. These new features would surely put a smile for someone upgrading from a small hatch or buying a new car.
The main mess up Tata did was not providing Airbags in xt. Hope there is an option like the Tiago.
Buying xzo doesn't make much sense for the laggy touchscreen. Its the xz which takes all the cake.

Thread Starter #6

Some of my points are similar to what Kasscon said. But the main reason for why Tigor is VFM atleast for Petrol. While for Diesel Tigor I feel could have been priced 10k cheaper, the petrol one is spot on. Its not just a Tiago with a boot as an ignorant enthusiast may call but I can give atleast 15 differences between Tiago and Tigor. People are comparing xzo with top models of other cars like zxi of Dzire or Titanium of Aspire but features wise its xz which is a better comparo with those models and there's around ~1.2L OTR difference between the two. VFM is a groundbreaking factor for me atleast. These new features would surely put a smile for someone upgrading from a small hatch or buying a new car.
The main mess up Tata did was not providing Airbags in xt. Hope there is an option like the Tiago.
Buying xzo doesn't make much sense for the laggy touchscreen. Its the xz which takes all the cake.
Agree with you on the pricing of Diesel variants and these should be priced at least 20 to 25k less.

Somehow I feel, Tata will offer optional pack for all the variants after the initial round of bookings, Deliveries and the awaited increase of prices by other manufacturers.

As suggested by the birdie from TATA that Optional variants were planned however due to the inventory management they kept it under wrap as of now and will introduce them once the initial surge settles down. Tata is betting big on Petrol engine and reworked on it extensively as now market is moving towards petrol and the sales of Tiago petrol suggests the same.

Last edited:

Agree with you on the pricing of Diesel variants and these should be priced at least 20 to 25k less.

Somehow I feel, Tata will offer optional pack for all the variants after the initial round of bookings, Deliveries and the awaited increase of prices by other manufacturers.

As suggested by the birdie from TATA that Optional variants were planned however due to the inventory management they kept it under wrap as of now and will introduce them once the initial surge settles down. Tata is betting big on Petrol engine and reworked on it extensively as now market is moving towards petrol and the sales of Tiago petrol suggests the same.
Yeah Tigor Petrol makes more sense than Diesel Tigor. And for price conscious buyers Tigor XZ Without Alloys would be available for around 25k cheaper than normal XZ tilting the money quotient again in favor of Tigor.
For Diesel there is too close call among many cars.

Here I am unable to make a clear choice. If I have to choose a car with a petrol engine here (Solely petrol engine), then Xcent is the one i will go for, I am just impressed with this super creamy and smooth petrol engine from Hyundai.

If I have to buy a diesel car, then Ameo diesel is the one I would choose. Now since Ameo is not here in the list, Figo Aspire is the default choice.

kkn13

Suspended
As much as I personally dont like VAG cars for its cons or even Compact Sedans at all , Ameo should have made this list
It has the best build of the bunch, very enthusiastic engine etc
Only let downs are hard clutch in diesel diesel, DSG reliabilty woes and initial lag in DSG otherwise a solid performer

Aspire is next on my list thanks to its great diesel engine, good after sales and pricing

Amaze has a good diesel,though not as refined as the competition too and all round maintenance etc is a breeze, suspension is pretty stiff

Xcent is pretty ok but its no enthusiast car, engine is a gem in traffic as such but loses out on highways etc. More of a city car and has pretty good suspension, very cushioned . Steering isnt very direct, tough to centre

Zest is a good car as such especially with the 1.3 MJD and even the Revtron , looks arent the best in my eyes, looks more proportionate than Dzire though . It has aged a bit faster than the competition in my eyes but projectors etc look great .

Dzire , I only love the 1.3 MJD and k series part of this car, not a fan of its looks or handling especially the facelifted one. If I were to buy one, itd only be because of the engines personally. I find Ertiga more value for money . Upcoming Dzire might change my perception based on initial leaks.

Tigor has pretty good looking rear, excellent speakers etc but engines are a let down. If they gave it a 1.3 MJD and priced it properly , itd fly off the shelves. I havent TD the car(obviously), so these are my initial impressions). Suspension of Tiago was a bit stiff, engine lacked punch especially the diesel.

All in all, I wouldnt personally select this category of cars and find C segment base models more value for money since they are made from scratch etc. Ameo, Aspire would be my personal pick of the bunch if I were to buy a CS

^^ Just my personal views , no offense intended

Honestly, Tigor with more powerful engines would have been a killer package. But yes, that's the price we pay for the lower cost. I would vote for the Tigor petrol for value and package. I have driven and it truly feels refined and more comfortable than the Tiago. It may not feel half as sporty as the Zest Revotron, but still it's good enough for most purposes. Add to it the very comfy rear seats and diamond cut alloys with ACC and Touchscreen Harman unit. A neat little touch and my personal favorite is the remote boot opening. Of course the best in class boot space without compromising on the smooth looks is a big bonus.
I am a part diesel head too. Honestly, the Tigor diesel doesn't cut it. It's very average performer, though pretty smooth and refined for a 3 cyl. For the price, if I were to get a diesel CS, I would go for the Zest or Aspire.
When it comes to petrol, it's a tie between Zest and Tigor. People who want the fun and refinement of a 4 cyl petrol turbo without compromising on the comfort for 5 people, albeit making a compromise regarding fuel efficiency can go for Zest whereas the people with nuclear family looking for cool looking sedan with good space for 4 and whole lot of their luggage with maximum efficiency and adequate performance can go for the Tigor.
I'm not considering other very common Japanese, Korean and German sedans here as they seemed to lack in overall satisfaction for a family personally.

The Figo Aspire seems a best bet to me. Spare parts (i dont own one) are apparently costly and so is service
The Amaze seems a good package now, but is costly
The Xcent is now in the taxi space and seems everywhere-some charm lost
The Tigor-well after a year we will know if sales and after sales and reliability are good-emotionally will be my and many "Indian" favourite -i think
The winner however we all know and cannot accept is the Dzire which will soon have the sales of all the others put together..while i feel like reporting herd mentality, the truth seems, its reliable, fun to drive and ASS is good

Please add Ameo to the list. The base model with discount, is quite value for money. I am confused between Ameo and Tigor, so hoping this poll should help.

Please add Ameo to the list. The base model with discount, is quite value for money. I am confused between Ameo and Tigor, so hoping this poll should help.
You are looking for P or D?
If P then go ahead with Tigor or else Ameo.

Tigor although a good car on its own,is not from this league. Just meeting the length doesn't suffice.Look at the engines, especially diesel.Moreover its way too pricey compared to its hatchback sibling.

Top Bottom