Here Comes a Proper SUV: Welcome The Updated Force Gurkha

Thread Starter #1
Guys check out the Gurkha update. Simply superb [clap]. This is what we expect from Force motors. News from Indianautosblog.

2017 Force Gurkha (facelift) range launched at INR 8.38 Lakhs

Force Motors has updated the Force Gurkha EOV (Extreme Off-road Vehicle) range in India with cosmetic and mechanical upgrades. It is available in the 3-door Xplorer and 5-door Xpedition variants, and prices start from INR 8.38 Lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).

The 2017 Force Gurkha has minor cosmetic changes to its Mercedes G wagon-inspired exterior, which can be had with a soft-top or a hard-top roof. Other off-road centric features on the exterior are a snorkel intake for high water wading capability and steel bumpers with foglamps.

Inside, the Gurkha has a new 4-spoke steering wheel, a redesigned floor console with cubby holes, new gear knob, and a manual HVAC system for the first time. The Gurkha rides on a new C-in-C Chassis frame welded using robotic welding technique, claimed to offer excellent strength in bending and torsion.
New-Force-Gurkha-3-door-front-press-image.jpg

New-Force-Gurkha-3-door-profile-press-image.jpg

New-Force-Gurkha-3-door-rear-three-quarter-press-image.jpg

New-Force-Gurkha-3-door-interior-press-image.jpg

New-Force-Gurkha-5-door-front-press-image.jpg

New-Force-Gurkha-5-door-front-three-quarter-press-image.jpg

New-Force-Gurkha-5-door-third-row-press-image.jpg

New-Force-Gurkha-5-door-second-row-press-image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys check out the Gurkha update. Simply superb [clap]. This is what we expect from Force motors. News from Indianautosblog.

2017 Force Gurkha (facelift) range launched at INR 8.38 Lakhs
This is splendid news indeed! I shall check out their web-site & hope that they will have put out some detailed specs. From the photos the rear suspension looks to be the standard live axle, though the front set-up is not fully clear. The lower wishbones(?) seem to hint at an IFS set-up which would be most welcome - a rigid front axle would be too retro. Also some details about the engine & on-road performance would be enlightening. The earlier Gurkha had poor on-road performance & proved to be its Achilles' heel at the box-office, despite its astounding off-road capability.

This is splendid news indeed! I shall check out their web-site & hope that they will have put out some detailed specs. From the photos the rear suspension looks to be the standard live axle, though the front set-up is not fully clear. The lower wishbones(?) seem to hint at an IFS set-up which would be most welcome - a rigid front axle would be too retro. Also some details about the engine & on-road performance would be enlightening. The earlier Gurkha had poor on-road performance & proved to be its Achilles' heel at the box-office, despite its astounding off-road capability.
Went through the Force Motors home page (Home – Force Gurkha) and aside from the old war-horse OM 616 engine, there are some new features. The C-in-C chassis is indeed good news (more or less state-of-the-art as far as body-on-frame architecture goes) and should reassure customers regarding durability & ruggedness. Both front & rear suspensions (front IFS, which is good news) are perfectly adequate and the bonus air-con as standard equipment nails one of the earler grouses. The OM 616 putting out 85 bhp/230 N-m shows that the engine remains unstressed with sufficient grunt to meet most needs. Now if only the on-road performance could come upto scratch..........

It would be silly to compare the Gurkha & the G-wagon. This link (https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2017-mercedes-benz-g-class/preview/) should put our most presumptuous minds to rest!

Last edited:
Gurkha - Force Reckon

Was browsing through news channels where I stumbled upon launch of BS4 Force Gurkha. Finally Force has come it its senses and given a much needed facelift to the much capable off roader.

The droopy looking grill is finally shunned and now it shows the true DNA of G Wagen.

Hope this macho looks brings in some better sales and acceptance to this under achiever and much better car.

Share your comments for this true blue offroader.

Cheers

SG

Attachments

Everything ok. At least they should have given an asthetic dash board that looks spartan and outright cheap with a slot for an AVN system.

Everything ok. At least they should have given an asthetic dash board that looks spartan and outright cheap with a slot for an AVN system.
Hello TAUREAN CZAR,

The fact is that the dash-board,and in fact, the entire interior could be comprehensively upgraded. But for what Force is offering at that mouth-watering price (795,325/- and 913,128/- ex-sh.room m'bai) I think the company has finally woken upto the fact that just winning the RFC regularly isn't enough to conquer the box-office. If they just ensure that the on-road performance is at least on par with the competition - the new Thar CRDe - this fabulous off-roader should do well on the sales charts.

Hello TAUREAN CZAR,

The fact is that the dash-board,and in fact, the entire interior could be comprehensively upgraded. But for what Force is offering at that mouth-watering price (795,325/- and 913,128/- ex-sh.room m'bai) I think the company has finally woken upto the fact that just winning the RFC regularly isn't enough to conquer the box-office.
I don't think it is a mouth watering price when you compare with the Thar. Though the engine is a Mercedes OM 616 engine, you have to see what Mahindra is offering in engine power. Seats are too flat and need proper bolstering for off roading. Plastics are a turn away compared to the THAR.

If they just ensure that the on-road performance is at least on par with the competition - the new Thar CRDe - this fabulous off-roader should do well on the sales charts.
It is good to run over mud and hills but straight on tarmac it's 85 BHP is puny. They should have given a 110-120 BHP power to keep regular roadies happy.

I don't think it is a mouth watering price when you compare with the Thar. Though the engine is a Mercedes OM 616 engine, you have to see what Mahindra is offering in engine power. Seats are too flat and need proper bolstering for off roading. Plastics are a turn away compared to the THAR.
It is good to run over mud and hills but straight on tarmac it's 85 BHP is puny. They should have given a 110-120 BHP power to keep regular roadies happy.
I see that the misconception about the bhp/torque relationship persists, apart from that OM616 engine - which is even more bullet-proof & gold-plated than the Thar's.
What I'm hoping for (& keeping my fingers crossed about) is that Force Motors have reset the ratios of the G/B to allow for a higher top end. As I've said earlier, the bulk of the Thar clientele are boulevardiers who are quite happy to be seen in the mall/multiplex parking lot - wild horses wouldn't drag their well-shod wheels into the mud.

Last edited:
2017 Force Gurkha

Force motors silently launched updated version of the Gurkha offroader which is available in following trims.
Xplorer Edition

• 3 Door Hard Top 4x4 SWB
  • 3 Door Soft Top 4x4 SWB
  • 5 Door Hard Top 4x4 LWB
Xpedition Edition

• 5 Door Hard Top 4x2 LWB[surprise]
Updates include new front and rear bumpers and a new grille up front. Inside, changes to the cabin include a new steering wheel design, new gear lever and new air-con controls on the centre console.
the 2017 Gurkha is based on a new ladder-frame chassis, along with a new suspension setup. At the front, the SUV gets new independent struts with gas-charged shock absorbers and an anti-roll bar, while at the rear, it comes with a new multi-link setup that also features gas-charged hydraulic shocks and an anti-roll bar.
Home – Force Gurkha
Now some pictures from me.

Xplore 4x4
DSC_0184 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0185 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0186 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0187 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0189 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0190 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0192 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0193 (Medium).JPG

WP_20170320_18_46_05_Pro (Medium).jpg

WP_20170320_18_46_09_Pro (Medium).jpg

DSC_0194 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0195 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0196 (Medium).JPG
Has any one noticed the Offset Tow-hook of the Xplorer version.

DSC_0199 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0200 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0203 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0204 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0205 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0206 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0208 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0210 (Medium).JPG
Tow-hook at the center.
DSC_0214 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0221 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0224 (Medium).JPG

WP_20170320_18_44_36_Pro (Medium).jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: 2017 Force Gurkha

still too crude and expensive for what it is.
for serious off road- thar beats it (esp with mld).
for.luxury outlanding, one would anyday Buy slightly used Scorpio or safari stormed 4x4 ( Safari has lsd).

Force motors silently launched updated version of the Gurkha offroader which is available in following trims.
Xplorer Edition..............
Hello Jeepster, and thanks for the photos - they give a fair idea of what a prospective owner (yours truly among them) may expect.
Even tho' I share bhvm's misgivings, I can't get those RFC conquering photos off my mind, nor that OM616 under the bonnet!

One question which comes to mind - does the new Gurkha have (5-door Explorer) air-con vents for the rear passengers? I' m used to the same in my Scorpio
and (even tho' we spend a fair part of the year going round the less-travelled kuccha roads of Uttaranchal) we would not like to forego this small luxury.

Last edited:

Even tho' I share bhvm's misgivings, I can't get those RFC conquering photos off my mind, nor that OM616 under the bonnet!

One question which comes to mind - does the new Gurkha have (5-door Explorer) air-con vents for the rear passengers? I' m used to the same in my Scorpio
RFC Vehicle's are one-offs with following specks.

• 140bhp TD 2200 CRDi
  • GB from Force One/ Traveller
  • 37x12.50x16
  • Custom Dana 60 front with RCV axle shafts (those alone cost 1L+[shock])
  • Custom Dana 60 rear axle
  • Electronic diff locks
  • Custom suspension at both ends with Gas charged shocks.
Yes, you can add a roof-mounted blower from new Deluxe series IMO.
WP_20170221_23_41_17_Pro (Medium).jpg

2015-force-trax-toofan-deluxe-air-conditioned-boot-space.jpg
rgds,
Nikhil

RFC Vehicle's are one-offs with following..........Yes, you can add a roof-mounted blower from new Deluxe series......
I guess that answers my question - add-on options are not what I'd opt for. Yes, of course, the RFC examples are heavily modded. And there are various other mods available for the participants, depending on the depth of your pockets (I even heard of one enthusiast in Malaysia who had torsen 2-paths fitted fore & aft, together with manual locking - over kill, I'd say).

The other point of interest for the general public - me, I mean - is the on-road performance of the 2017 Gurkha. And since one of their new adds is harping on its family appeal - that's a new one! - I'm sure the new buyer would look closely at its highway manners.

Top Bottom