Toyota Corolla Altis 2017 Launched in India

Thread Starter #1
2017 NEW Corolla Altis launched,

Capture.JPG

1.jpg

The updated sedan gets a unique colour option, which the Japanese call Phantom Brown. Apart from this, it is being offered in White Pearl Crystal Shine, Silver Mica Metallic, Champagne Mica Metallic, Grey Metallic, Super White & Celestial Black. Here's the variant-wise price-list (ex-showroom Delhi):

Petrol:

G (MT) - Rs 15.87 lakh

G (CVT) - Rs 17.52 lakh

GL (MT) - Rs 18.30 lakh

VL (CVT) - Rs 19.91 lakh

Diesel:

DG (MT) - Rs 17.36 lakh

DGL (MT) - Rs 19.05 lakh

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Attaching the brochure. The car drive goods , seats are comfortable but the only thing which I feel should have been updated is the interior quality. We saw a new car at the dealership with 200 kms on the odo and the lower part of the dashboard looked like a 5 year old car's. I agree that Toyota is all about simplicity but using a better quality plastic wouldn't have made things complex.

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I checked the pre facelift car in February ( friend who bought the tucson was looking at elantra so I told him to check the corrola as well)
Maybe you can find the same in the brochure attached.

I don't know why cars are more expensive in India than US. New Corolla is US is cheaper by at least 3~4 Lakhs than Indian versions.

I don't know why cars are more expensive in India than US. New Corolla is US is cheaper by at least 3~4 Lakhs than Indian versions.
Taxes, regulations and lower volumes. 30-50% of what you pay for a car in India goes towards Customs Duty, Excise Duty, Vat, road Tax, Service tax on Insurance and inputs, plus manufactures having to cater to Taxes on Royalty etc.

USA has very little Indirect taxes. Plus being a smaller market, manufactures have to recoup investments from less number of customers in India.

Top Bottom