Mahindra February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Maruti Suzuki February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Nissan February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Renault February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Skoda February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Tata Motors February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Toyota February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen February 2017 Indian Car Sales

Ford Figo twins are basically selling around 3000 copies between them. But it seems to be a sea saw battle between them. If one is in top gainer the other one is on top loser. Sum total is 3000 copies

Why is the sales of Chevy Enjoy falling drastically. It sold well in Dec and Nov 2016 after the 2 Lakh rupee price cut. Is the production being halted?
Indian herd mentality continues unabated - Maruti continues to benefit from it. Any car launched by it would be lapped up without even a test drive. Omni, EECO continue to get blockbuster numbers while being most unsafe cars. Celerio which was in 5k range now moves to 9k range after the phasing out of Ritz and I10.
A better built car like Beat has pathetic numbers.
Ford is just not able to overcome expensive to maintain tag. Endeavour is better product compared to Fortuner but sells 20% of the latters volume. Aspire diesel atleast is one of the best packages amongst the compact cars list. Yet doesn't manage to cross 2k. Figo I don't understand why its a flop when its a clear superior car to Swift. Ecosport again half the volumes of Brezza.
Skoda Rapid although a brilliant car to look at, drive doesn't sell. Verna is on death bed.
Honda City gets to be the leader again. Ciaz following closely.

Yes , Ford management must be thinking really what they have to do to increase the sales of their very decent and competitively priced Figo twins. In my opinion , the first thing they should do is to increase the number of dealers and service points. For example in a large city like Kolkata , they just have only 2 dealers and 2-3 service stations. The busy schedules people have nowadays, who wants to take their vehicles 30~40 km away to service. They should capture some GM dealers who are one step near to closing their shops anyway.

To me i see only Maruti Maruti and Maruti in these sales figures. Hyundai, M&M, Toyota have some steady performers bring them to the leaderboard but Ford and Tata, renault seem one hit wonders and bring up the rest who are no hitters in a sense.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
To me i see only Maruti Maruti and Maruti in these sales figures. but Ford and Tata, renault seem one hit wonders
Somehow I feel both Ford and TATA have been underestimated and still the perception about these two brands hasn't changed fully. TATA's Hexa's sales numbers are being discussed and evaluated to which I feel that having read the views of Crysta owners and the kind of issues they have been facing, TATA is taking its sweet time to curb the shortcomings to the best possible extent in Hexa. Hexa being a reasonable product from TATA is hit by brand image again and the quality issues too. For Ford, the luck hasn't been on their side most of the time. Ford has built good cars like Figo, Aspire, Endeavour yet if people are good with overpriced tin-cans so be it. One can't please everyone every time! About Renault, their line up except for Duster and KWID hasn't done any wonders and they are surviving on only 2 models. Waiting to see if the Kaptur can change the things/luck for them.

Regards

Akash

March 2017 sales.

Capture.JPG

Maruti Suzuki closes the Fiscal 2016-17 year on a high note - posts its ever best sales figures, crosses the 1.5 million sales landmark for the first time ever .

In March 2017, the company sold a total of 139,763 units, comprising 127,999 units in the domestic market (+7.&%) and 11,764 units in exports (12.6%). With this, it has ended 2016-17 with its highest ever total sales of 1,568,603 units, a growth of 9.8 percent and includes its highest ever domestic sales of 1,444,541 units. The export sales were 124,062 units, registering flat year-on-year growth of 0.1 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom