Tata Tiago AMT Launched in India at Rs.5.39 Lakh

Should give good competition to Celerio Amt. Hope to see good sales figures. Yet again pricing is spot on and it makes it the most vfm AMT.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Why are there so many AMT cars instead of CVT :(
AMT is economical etc yes, but CVT is a better AT
Still looks solid especially gear lever quality

How is engine noise issue in the AMT version? How are the NVH levels in the new trim? Is the AMT refined on the Tiago? Is there any juddering coming while running?

AMT is economical compared to CVT. Less running parts and all. Its basically a manual gearbox with gear shifts and clutch application done by the system. Unlike CVT or torque converter.

Oh and CVT is theoretically a good gearbox. BUT practically not so, the rubberband(like kinetic hondas/Activa) effect is very annoying.

I am looking for an AT/ AMT car with a budget of 7 lac OTR. Contacted TATA Dealer in Trichy regarding Tiago AMT but the dealer has no clue when Tiago AMT will arrive for TD [confused]
Anybody knows when Tiago AMT will arrive dealers?

Hello Guys,

Booked Stricker Blue XZA on 30th May.
Expected delivery on 16th June .

According to Showroom Guys this will be first XZA in Goa [:)], not sure whether i should be happy or worried.

Buying this car for my parents as it will be very easy to drive for them
Reasons for choosing this car
- VFM
- Solid build quality.
- loaded with most of the safety features.
- Amazing 8-speaker Harman entertainment system
- High quality, well-designed interiors
- AMT driving experience is good but scope for improvement.

Others Cars Considered but rejected
- Celerio AMT, rejected due to poor build quality and tiago's slightly better AMT performance
- Grand i 10, rejected as AT model doesnt come with ABS and i feel for AT ABS is must. Grand i 10 AT performance is much better though. But Sports version costs almost 1.3Lacs more on road.
- Ignis AMT Zeta, rejected as dint like the looks, also interior and build quality not worth for spending 1.4lacs more.

Top Bottom