False Rumour: Ford Looking To Buy Tata Motors PV Division

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Ford Could Buy Tata Motors Passenger Vehicle Business Or May Work Together.

Ford Could Buy Tata Motors, Tata denies the story, but also mentions the fact that they are in talks with many companies to collaborate and take thing further
The manufacturer was again in news that their collaboration with Volkswagen which was word in the market in July 2016 has risen again from the earth as reports suggest that the deal is going to be finalized very soon. However, the bigger news now is that Ford and Tata motor, rivals in the country when it comes sales and products are set to join hands soon or Ford may end up buying the Tata Motors passenger vehicle business
L I N K

Last edited:
Re: Rumour: Ford looking for a JV/buy TATA Motors PV division

I think this is pure speculation and don't think it is real. If Tata was indeed planning of selling PV division, I don't think they would have come up with TAMO, with already declining profits. TAMO is probably a long thought strategy and they could have easily avoided coming up with TAMO to salvage the loss of share.

Ford Could Buy Tata Motors Passenger Vehicle Business Or May Work Together.

L I N K
I don't think it is feasible for Ford to gobble up TATA Motors. It will end now where for Ford.
Reason
1. TATA as is Ford has got into the wrong books of consumers.
2. TATA Motors doesn't have any outstanding technology that Ford can get into.
3. TATA PV is a loss making segment.
4. TATA's PV segment is just getting off the dirt and is dusting itself.
5. TATA does not have any great product the Ford doesn't have.
6. TATA stll needs to shake away it's image and get into the best of car making

TATA will fall off the moment Ford aquires TATA as Ford doesn't plan to sell as low cost as TATA. Coming to assets, TATA will not sell it's chakan plant as it also assembles JLR cars there and also can't sell it's TATA-FIAT JV plant too. It makes cars only in Gujarat plant. Rest all make more of Commercial vehicles. It does not have a USP to be gobbled up at TATA will not sell it deart cheap. R&D is too in co-ordination with Italy, UK, S.Korea, US and Indian facilities which are used in joint technology development with JLR. They are inseparable.

Only option is to work with TATA as locals have a good R&D and testing facility and have a good service network and Ford can save money lower R&D and can leverage low cost manufacturing for development. This can be judge with the speed in which TATA motors is showcasing new cars and speaking of innovative technology including the new AMP platform.

No way Please Tata. no offence to FORD followers. I don't think this is a real news. It's just one of the ghost stories to increase the particular site traffic.

With TIAGO, HEXA and upcoming Nexon and Tigor the future seems bright. Tata has gathered a lot of reputation at private buyers with Tiago. All is well at the moment.

Its fake news. Nothing like this is going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom