All New Volkswagen Jetta in India

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Come April 2011, and Jetta will get more aggressive than ever. The German giant – Volkswagen, plans to play a serious game in the luxury segment by offering the Indians a powerful and meaner Jetta sedan. The new version of Jetta will carry an entirely new design, and give resemblance of bigger brother of Vento. There are no plans yet to produce the car locally unless the demands justify, so it will be interesting to watch out how Volkswagen keeps the costs in check while maintaining to the competition level at the same time.

Volkswagen-Jetta_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Volkswagen-Jetta_2011_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Volkswagen-Jetta_2011_800x600_wallpaper_2d.jpg

Volkswagen-Jetta_2011_800x600_wallpaper_38.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I liked the Audi A4 replica tail lamps but the front is a complete disappointment. I hope VW is not planning to give the Polo grill all its cars. Even the interiors are similar to Vento. But on the whole, the new design is a lot more attractive than the current Jetta. Any details of the engine specs?

This news has been doing around for sometime now. I miss those concentric circle type tail lamps in Jetta , they looked unique! Interiors are pretty much the same as current Jetta. But i think new Jetta will come with sun-roof.

@ Akash I think i read somewhere the Jetta TDI will get a 1.6L engine producing 140BHP!

This seriously looks like a winner, the present one has a very dull exterior appeal n a very noisy engine.The NVH are way too high. :(

a powerfool engine with better firewall n good exteriors as shown in the Pic. would do it for VW. :) Das Auto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks are great apart from front!

But price.. being an CBU we dont know how much its going to be ?

Wow!! she looks just fab!! [clap] i think current jetta is also CBU?? so maybe price different wont be that much. somewhere rs.15 - rs.17 lakhs?

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
In my very honest opinion, The new Volkswagen Jetta looks fantastic than ever. Volkswagen designers have done a perfect mix-matching job and this is literally something worth comparing with the futuristic looks that of the Honda Civic (Now getting slightly dated). The rear is, however, an almost rip-off from the Audi A4 but not bad at all, considering that both the manufacturers belong to the same family. I am quite curiously waiting for this car to debut in India, and let us hope the pricing is kept strategically.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Don you all feel that VW new releases have uncanny resemblence in front grill designing among them? This can be noticed in all their new versions right from Polo to Passat. Now they have altered the front design of Jetta as well !!

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Don you all feel that VW new releases have uncanny resemblence in front grill designing among them? This can be noticed in all their new versions right from Polo to Passat. Now they have altered the front design of Jetta as well !!
Volkswagen designers have tried to maintain a sharp and aggressive look throughout their range of cars, so that they actually appear to be of a same family. This is infact a case with all other manufacturers too. Though the idea of Audi A4 rear is not the best, but I like it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
The New Jetta launch date is almost nearing. The testing has begun and here some spy shots too.

New-VW-Jetta-India-3.jpg

New-VW-Jetta-India-4.jpg

New-VW-Jetta-India-1.jpg

New-VW-Jetta-India-2.jpg
Source: IndianAutosBlog

Drive Safe,
350Z

Jetta is always a car which is close to my heart! Love the new looks and looks like its sharing some parts with the new Passat. Sun-roof and parking sensors are welcome additions to this car , if they can price it just around the same level of the current Jetta then it will be good.

I never liked the earlier Jetta. It looked awful. The new Jetta looks great all round. Now its time for them to launch revamped salesmen and crew at dealerships.:biggrin:

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
I for one think, there is something wrong with VW designers.

First the Polo, go on, show me an uglier hatch.
Then the new Passat.
Then the Beetle
And now the Jetta.

I am sick of VW ruining pieces of art.

I just hope and pray that they dont touch the Scirocco.

Top Bottom