Goodbye Tata Indica & Indigo

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors is looking to rejig its passenger car portfolio and will phase out Tata Nano. Further, Indica and Indigo may also be discontinued.

12.JPG
11.JPG

Link

Last edited:
Re: Tata Nano, Indica, IndiGo likely to be phased out

discontinuing indica the bread and butter of cabbies? wrong decision...passenger car replacement of indica is Tiago..projecting Tiago as cab will be a suicidal decison

Good for the brand even though the cab market is growing as a huge market of new kind .

We have seen from last few months sales ,Tata Motors is standing up right with Tiago , zest,storme & Hexa .

Good move for the brand, do it as soon as possible !

Vista/Bolt will remain to cater Taxi segments as these are based on x1 platform.

I think टाटा will now play with new Amp platform and continue with updated X0 (Tiago/Tigor) and X1(Bolt/Zest/Nexon) along with X2 (Safari/Hexa), rest of the platform will be gone.

Nice move though [:)]

Last edited:
Re: Tata Nano, Indica, Indigo Likely To Be Phased Out

Some scoops from RavenAvi ji

Nano fans - get ready to be disappointed. The Nano is to be discontinued. Permanently.
Indica and Indigo to get the axe too.
Future Tata products will have just 2 platforms - smaller one will spawn hatch/sedan/crossover, bigger one reserved for big SUVs/MUVs.
Tiago to be the cheapest Tata car available.
No Nano, no Nano iterants. No Pelican, no air-powered, electric, hybrid Nano.
Project stands scrapped.
Everything on the older platforms stand to be scrapped.
Future Tiago/Tigor/Zest to be moved to new platforms.

In fact, I feel that all taxi oriented models should be moved to commercial vehicles (CV) division and TML PV should concentrate on sprucing up everything from the cars to the front end staff who sell them and the backend staff who service them. With this change, TML should also make cars with ABS and (Atleast) dual airbags as standard issue, settling the safety quotient once and for all. The next move should be in terms of powertrain improvement, not just for efficiency but also performance , as well as improving the interior trim quality.

discontinuing indica the bread and butter of cabbies? wrong decision...passenger car replacement of indica is Tiago..projecting Tiago as cab will be a suicidal decison
Yes, i still see a decent 2000 units of Indicas sale per month. Let Indica continue, and Tiago too. Its still the first car for many cabbies in our country.

Let me be subjective here, as the Indian Safety norms will kick in by this year end, most Indian car manufacturers will do a rejig of their portfolios, so in time to come especially for small hatchbacks, lots of retooling will have to be done on old platforms, so better to scrap.

Now coming to the Nano, Pelican is already in the works (hopefully), moreover the GenX Nano has better structural rigidity, so the Nano nomenclature would be scrapped, and Pelican with ABS Airbags?? should be in place.

Indica & Indigo will have to be replaced by Bolt & zest.

With Tiago, Hexa already in showrooms, and Tigor Nexon on the way, the rejig will be interesting.

Let me be subjective here, as the Indian Safety norms will kick in by this year end, most Indian car manufacturers will do a rejig of their portfolios, so in time to come especially for small hatchbacks, lots of retooling will have to be done on old platforms, so better to scrap.
this makes complete sense from that point of view the indica and nano had to be built up right from scratch. You could see lots of other cars like alto eon too getting axed from the other manufacturers.

but yeah Nano would be missed just like we miss the ambassador. Now who knows maruti may buy the nano brand from tata and create yet another block buster for themselves. :stupid:

KUV100 and the Renault Kwid are the new indica if i have to go by the OLA cab services. So it is good that the Indica is killed.

KUV100 and the Renault Kwid are the new indica if i have to go by the OLA cab services. So it is good that the Indica is killed.
Kwid neither has diesel heart nor comes with factory fitted CNG. Taxi service in petrol vehicle will be non profitable business. These 2 cars are certainly being used in selfdrive business.

Now coming to the Nano, Pelican is already in the works (hopefully), moreover the GenX Nano has better structural rigidity, so the Nano nomenclature would be scrapped, and Pelican with ABS Airbags?? should be in place.
Pelican plan scrapped.
Yeah I would anyday pick Nano instead of tin-cans.

No offence to owners.

Last edited:

I stronged believe and wish that TATA never do that mistake phasing out Indica never expect TATA, instead of phasing out come with upgrade version of indica with semi major cusmatic changes like all new front and rear end design replace flip type door hands with pull type with engine lineup from TIAGO this will help indica to survice another decade [:)]

comming back to NANO just keep production limited like how maruti do with Gypsy because TATA NANO have special status and brand value its open note that nano try to survice in market but never refused to die [glasses]

I think the only the top amt model of nano will stay as most people are finding a good use of nano amt as a second car for city use.

Top Bottom