Rumour: Tata To Introduce 2-Seater Sports Car

Thread Starter #1
According to autocarindia, tata motors is going to unveil production version of sports car at geneva auto expo. It will be a mid engined 2 seater car. Will be cost around 25 lakhs if it is launched. It may be put on hold as it was the project of cyrus mistry.

Attachments

Re: Rumour: Tata to introduce 2 seater sports car

Rumors, hmmm.

Of all the things written there, hardest thing to believe is the "scrapping of the project because it was Mistry's pet project" part.

Re: Rumour: Tata to introduce 2 seater sports car

Though I feel RNT is better of the duo and has been a visionary, I feel that the egos shouldn't run high. The thought process that Cyrus M brought in should not in the way of company future plans.

The idea of having a sports model in the lineup is really necessary as it would give it a boost of image as a robust engineering and research company.

I believe in late 90s Tata had visualized a sports cabriolet based on Indica.
If my memory serves right it was names as Aria. The car had always been in concept and was even showcased in some of the earlier Auto Expos.

Cheers !!

SG

Thanks to Google found a pic of that :

Attachments

Last edited:
Looks good,

Now sharpen the front lower splitter and make a bigger rear diffuser to clean up the looks. [:D]

I love the minimalist interiors though.

3 cylinder engine with AMT. Good knows what they are planning to do.

IMG-20170307-WA0009.jpg

Sorry for poor quality pic

EXCLUSIVE: Maruti Suzuki's Convertible Sports Car To Take On The Tamo Racemo

According to sources in Suzuki Japan, the new sports car will be based on an evolution of the platform that underpins the new Swift as that platform has already been designed for an all-wheel-drive setup for a few markets in Northern Europe. The Suzuki sports car will have a front mounted 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine like the one the Baleno RS gets. Expected engine power is said to be in the 190 bhp range with the help of a larger twin scroll turbocharger that helps eliminate turbo lag. The torque rating in the car is said to be around 280 Nm and the sports car will get a 6-speed manual gearbox and not a AMT or automatic gearbox. That said, the sports car will also get a rear wheel drive setup and not a front wheel drive one like on the hatchbacks which will make it ideal for the first time sports car buyer that Maruti Suzuki is targeting.

ndtv

Actually 250CR only the investment? it looks quite low ,if its real Tata Motors should never scrap the project as the amount is much lower than a genuine product promotion budget !
Anyway lets wait for Auto Expo 2018!

Frankly, I am glad they put this project on back burner. It is a niche product and given that TATA has no racing DNA to boast, there would have been few takers to sustain the product line. The need of the hour is to boost the commercial Vehicle segment and improve the fulfillment rate of passenger vehicle segment.

Top Bottom