The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2016: Your Voice. Your Choice

The Automotive India Car of the Year 2016 Award Goes To...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team

TAI-COTY is back! First off, here's wishing a very Happy New Year 2017 to all TAI-gers. Started as our humble effort to encourage new advancements and quality vehicles in the Indian automobile industry, The Automotive India Car of the Year awards have come a long way since their inception.

Here's what makes TAI-COTY different from any other “Car of the Year Award” India has ever witnessed:

• There is no secluded “jury”. Your, the end-consumers', voice is the only opinion that counts here.

• The results are real-time and absolutely transparent through a public-poll. Anyone can see who has voted for what car.

• Most importantly, this is NOT just another virtual award. For the first time in history of online media, the winner is duly recognized with an actual trophy.

You are free to cast the vote for car of your own choice. But we do recommend taking into account the following aspects that a typical Indian car buyer looks for:

• Fuel Efficiency

• Value For Money

• Looks and Design

• Safety and Security

• Comfort and Features

• Engine and Performance

• Brand image and aftersales support
Note:

• Only all-new cars launched in India between Jan 1, 2016 to Dec 31, 2016 are nominated.

• Mere facelifts do not qualify. High-end cars are kept out too considering minor market share.

• As always, this poll is open for a period of complete one month (From Jan 1, 2017 – Jan 31, 2017).

• The results will be formally announced thereafter followed by the award handing over ceremony to the winner.

• All registered members can cast a vote. If you're unregistered and wish to vote, please register first (it's quick and free).

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Re: The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2016: Nominees

And the nominees are...

Audi A4

Audi A4.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.39.03 Lakh - Rs.42.22 Lakh

• Launch Date: 8th September 2016

BMW X1

BMW X1.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.30.65 Lakh - Rs.41.44 Lakh

• Launch Date: 3rd February 2016

Datsun Redi-Go

Datsun RediGo.jpeg

• Price Range: Rs.2.44 Lakh - Rs.3.59 Lakh

• Launch Date: 14th April 2016

Ford Endeavour

Ford Endeavour.jpeg

• Price Range: Rs.24.51 Lakh - Rs.30.95 Lakh

• Launch Date: 20th January 2016

Honda Accord Hybrid

Honda Accord Hybrid.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.40.31 Lakh

• Launch Date: 25th October 2016

Honda BR-V

Honda BRV.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.9.04 Lakh - Rs.13.27 Lakh

• Launch Date: 5th May 2016

Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.13.23 Lakh - Rs.19.61 Lakh

• Launch Date: 23rd August 2016

Hyundai Tucson

Hyundai Tucson.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.19.39 Lakh - Rs.25.53 Lakh

• Launch Date: 14th November 2016

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross

Isuzu D-Max.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.12.53 Lakh

• Launch Date: 4th May 2016

Jaguar XE

Jaguar XE.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.40.73 Lakh - Rs.48.99 Lakh

• Launch Date: 3rd February 2016

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2016: Nominees

Mahindra e2O Plus

Mahindra e2O Plus.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.6.94 Lakh - Rs.9.72 Lakh

• Launch Date: 21st October 2016

Mahindra KUV100

Mahindra KUV100.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.4.71 Lakh - Rs.7.29 Lakh

• Launch Date: 15 January 2016

Mahindra NuvoSport

Mahindra NuvoSport.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.7.71 Lakh - Rs.10.23 Lakh

• Launch Date: 4th April 2016

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza

Maruti Vitara Brezza.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.7.40 Lakh - Rs.9.90 Lakh

• Launch Date: 8th March 2016

Mini Clubman

Mini Clubman.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.38.18 Lakh

• Launch Date: 15th December 2016

Skoda Superb

Skoda Superb.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.24.92 Lakh - Rs.32.06 Lakh

• Launch Date: 23rd February 2016

Tata Tiago

Tata Tiago.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.3.35 Lakh - Rs.5.90 Lakh

• Launch Date: 6th April 2016

Toyota Fortuner

Toyota Fortuner.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.26.04 Lakh - Rs.31.06 Lakh

• Launch Date: 7th November 2016

Toyota Innova Crysta

Toyota Innova Crysta.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.13.93 Lakh - Rs.21.23 Lakh

• Launch Date: 2nd May 2016

Volkswagen Ameo

Volkswagen Ameo.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.5.38 Lakh - Rs.9.52 Lakh

• Launch Date: 5th June 2016

Volkswagen Polo GTi

Volkswagen Polo GTI.jpg

• Price Range: Rs.26.45 Lakh

• Launch Date: 3rd November 2016

Voted for Ford Endeavour. [:D]

For such awards, what matters is if the car has been a game changer or not. Aspects like mileage, comfort, performance, etc. are supplementary because they already come in abundance with a car which performs on the sales chart.

Ford Endeavour is one such vehicle, which went against the super-established player (if there is such a word) in the form of Fortuner. Enough has been discussed on the pros and cons of the vehicle, but a car which can overshadow a best seller certainly has something strong going in favour of it. Kudos to Ford for taking interest in Indian market and focussing on improving customer relations. Endeavour enjoyed supreme success till the new Fortuner was launched but still gives a stern competition. It is a car which has all the requisites in the correct proportion and certainly deserves to win this award. If not for the sales numbers, definitely for the efforts shown by the brand.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Voted for endeavor.this butch looking suv is feature loaded.none of the indian car have this kind of features at this price point.tiago is closest contestant in this poll.a good product from tata.

The 'Car of the year' award, IMHO, should go to a path breaking product which has at least twisted the set of rules of its segment. For me, it was a very tough decision between Ford Endeavour, Skoda Superb and Tata Tiago.

Ford Endeavour
Indeed a path breaking product and offers a premium feel too. It looks good, has a lot of power and has that plushness quotient too. Still, that rear seat and those round AC vents on the roof take away the feeling of being in a proper chariot. I booked one and cancelled it on the same day when I experienced the Superb. It may have a good off road ability and seven seats; I need none of them and so are most of the owners. Additionally new Fortuner has just taken away a small fraction from your desirability too. Sorry Endy; you are close, but not my choice.

Skoda Superb
It's simply superb. It looks Superb, it drives Superb, it feels Superb. This car has rewritten the rules of the segment. It is definitely not perfect; but, it is still head and shoulders above the competition. The new Superb is closest to the perfect you can get to, with a sedan from the said segment. Not a single cheap bit, awesome set of engines and best in class comfort. Where it lacks? Well, a car of the year simply can't be a car that is perfect (I would have voted for some uber luxury Merc then). It has to be a car that is accessible to masses. A car that is not accessible to masses, 'IMHO' has no rights to be called the car of the year. If it was so, then world car of the year title would have been reserved for only S class, Rolls, Buggatti and Bentey etc. Sorry Superb, you are the best and near perfect, but I can't give it to you.

Tata Tiago
Anyone who has only 6 lac in his pocket (well accessible to mass market) and wants a car to have:
  • Decent seating comfort and ride comfort
  • Decent interior design with well acceptable quality
  • Decent driving manners
  • Decent build with required safety features
  • Decent performance to ferry the family in city and occasional highway drives
  • Decent FE and low maintenance
This is where Tiago makes a very very strong case for itself. A car that is accessible to masses but still doesn't look and feel stripped. It offers design, comfort (You bet? It rides better than the cars 2 segments above or maybe even 3), a nice to operate steering, an interior design and material selection that never screams 5 lac. An ICE that can put many blingy touch screen units from the cars three segments above to shame. What more can I ask for a commuter at this price range? The engines are competitive (Grand and Swift are priced way higher, bring in Celerio here for fair comparison). In fact Tiago has a better set of steering, brakes and suspension than Grand and Swift too; count ICE too here. I can't agree with anyone who has to compare this 1.2l engine with the Grand i10 engine. Additionally the 1.2l Kappa in Grand can't deliver the FE like that of Tiago and what about the driveability the Tiago offers? Wagon R and Celerio; the sole competitors of Tiago simply look and feel obsolete in front of this baby Tata. IMO, a car that is actually standing head and shoulders above its rivals in its segment and has rewritten the set of rules. Additionally it makes for a perfect first car for the masses (I don't own one, nor I plan to). Hence my vote for the car that is accessible to masses, without juicing their bank accounts for a couple of essential features.

My vote goes to Tiago :biggrin:

Last edited:
My vote goes for Ameo. One of those which has safety, build quality, long features with an absolute gem of an engine coupled with a bitter smooth DSG. All these at a relatively affordable price.

For me there is no clear winner, but given the choices I considered elantra, endeavour, superb and tiago.

If elantra had a manual petrol with 6 airbags variant I would have selected it.

But I would go for tiago as it is sheer value for money. But if I buy my next car, it won't be any car from the list.

My choice would be Urban Cross Tjet. But, unfortunately there wasn't any option for that. Hence, voted for Tata Tiago.

My vote to Tata Tiago
Hats off to Tatas relentless effort to making great cars indegeniously.
They never settled with Bolt and Zest and now moving forward with Hexa and Nexon

2nd best car here according to me is VW Ameo TDi

3rd the new Ford Endeavor

My Vote to Brezza. Great innovation and design by Maruti, with a fantastic mileage of 24.3 KMPL. The car looks compact at the same time looks spacious too and adding to the point that it does not pinch your pocket.

2nd Vote goes to Tata Tiago

3rd Innova Crysta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom