Mahindra TUV 300 Plus Launched

Thread Starter #4
Re: Next Generation Bolero Named Mahindra TUV3OO

Interesting launch. Is this M&M's attempt to replace Xylo? This seems longer and should in all probability have the third row facing forwards.

The sales of Xylo has declined rapidly in the last 4 months see link https://autoportal.com/newcars/mahindra/xylo/sales-statistics/
Mahindra is the one of a kind company who put all of their efforts on what they think is the BEST in their vehicle department. I guess, Xylo is one of the non interesting product for them. They just added few things in Xylo but never tried to sort out problems occurred in Xylo.

Same story for SCORPIO & BOLERO which are the main seller for them, still Mahindra don't want to give attention to them. Xylo really did great in term of competition to Innova but in ride part it always failed. Now rather than updating Xylo's sore points Mahindra want to replace it with TUV5OO & some other MPV they are testing. So sales of Xylo is going down. [anger]

re: Mahindra TUV 300 Plus Undergoing Testing

I couldn't agree more with you. Scorpio and Bolero were game changers for Mahindra, hope they do something to protect their "winners". Sales of Bolero has been consistent for many years now.

In comparison Xylo did not receive similar response in the market and probably that's why it is not an interesting product to them.

Mahindra is going down the drain day by day.Scorpio was good for its time, even xuv 500 was decent, but instead of going uphill they are in a descent .Products like Quanto ,kuv,TUV just contribute to the cringe level.They need to turn-around their design language and work towards improving quality .

I had high hope with Anand mahindra and Mahindra in general but now don't know where they are headed to .In recent time, Comodo was the only aspirational design from Mahindra which would have made waves not only in India but world across if launched .

Attachments

Thread Starter #7

I couldn't agree more with you. Scorpio and Bolero were game changers for Mahindra, hope they do something to protect their "winners". Sales of Bolero has been consistent for many years now.

In comparison Xylo did not receive similar response in the market and probably that's why it is not an interesting product to them.
I can see Mahindra have soft corner for SCORPIO. But when it comes to product they are providing everything in XUV5OO, which is also a good product but somewhere it feels like Mahindra don't want SCORPIO to rule the SUV world. As per them XUV5OO should win every time.[anger]

For Bolero you can almost see that they wanted to replace it with TUV3OO but later some one from Mahindra advised them about its better to keep as another product. Taking on Bolero is like throw your daily Bread and better for some special Burger but its not choice of everyone so lets make another product. But here also TUV3OO gets all the goodies and Bolero is bare bone product in front of other vehicle's in the segment.[frustration]

Xylo could have been a Great product but same story continues...

Mahindra is going down the drain day by day.Scorpio was good for its time, even xuv 500 was decent, but instead of going uphill they are in a descent .Products like Quanto ,kuv,TUV just contribute to the cringe level.They need to turn-around their design language and work towards improving quality .

I had high hope with Anand mahindra and Mahindra in general but now don't know where they are headed to .In recent time, Comodo was the only aspirational design from Mahindra which would have made waves not only in India but world across if launched .
Think of this Comodo from Mahindra, with quality of Thar [lol]. It will be DEAD on Arrival. I guess after launch of Hexa its high time for Mahindra to work on Quality department or else as per everything you said it will take them to deep down in the market.

The launch of this TUV500 (Heck with Mahindra's product naming) will put Mahindra in a serious problem. There will be three capable full size UVs under one roof to choose from - this, Scorpio and XUV500.

Below are the approx. current prices (in Lacs) -

TUV300 - 7.5 to 9.8
Scorpio - 10.3 to 14.7
XUV500 - 12.4 to 18.6

Ideally it should be priced in Xylo territory, i e. starting from 9 Lac to around 12 Lac for the top end. If that is the case, it would eat into Scorpio and TUV300 as well. Priced slightly above and it would touch mid variants of Scorpio and base variant of XUV500 as well. Price lower than this and it would eat into TUV300 as the mid variant of this and top end of current TUV300 will be priced very close.

This is like having too many products which are fundamentally the same, offer the same use and positives but come at prices which are a stone's throw from one another. It would end up in big product overlap, confusion among buyers and end of the day, one product will have to take the brunt. I guess Scorpio would be the target because this product will offer most good things of the Scorpio at a lower price. Typical WagonR - Ritz - Swift case. Who took the brunt? Ritz.

Hope Mahindra prices it very competitively (meaning end of TUV300 [lol]) or under-equips it to differentiate from Scorpio. I see big trouble for Mahindra but let's wait for exactly what they have in store for us!

By the way, why do the test mules have old-gen Scorpio tail lights?

Regards,
Alpha

Why don't Mahindra make some modification to it ,especially front ,to further differentiate it from TUV 300.

Last edited:

Mahindra showcase Xuv500 Aero which could be inspired from COMODO or BMW X6 style.

Mahindra showcase Xuv500 Aero which could be inspired from COMODO or BMW X6 style.
Yes ,you are right but Xuv Aero does not have similar rugged appeal as komodo ,which was its main USP IMHO!Will have to wait for the production version of XUV Aero to see how it shapes up.

Mahindra-XUV-Aero-SUV-1.jpg

Mahindra Komodo.jpg

Thread Starter #13

The launch of this TUV500 (Heck with Mahindra's product naming) will put Mahindra in a serious problem. There will be three capable full size UVs under one roof to choose from - this, Scorpio and XUV500.

Below are the approx. current prices (in Lacs) -

TUV300 - 7.5 to 9.8
Scorpio - 10.3 to 14.7
XUV500 - 12.4 to 18.6

Ideally it should be priced in Xylo territory, i e. starting from 9 Lac to around 12 Lac for the top end. If that is the case, it would eat into Scorpio and TUV300 as well. Priced slightly above and it would touch mid variants of Scorpio and base variant of XUV500 as well. Price lower than this and it would eat into TUV300 as the mid variant of this and top end of current TUV300 will be priced very close.

This is like having too many products which are fundamentally the same, offer the same use and positives but come at prices which are a stone's throw from one another. It would end up in big product overlap, confusion among buyers and end of the day, one product will have to take the brunt. I guess Scorpio would be the target because this product will offer most good things of the Scorpio at a lower price. Typical WagonR - Ritz - Swift case. Who took the brunt? Ritz.

Hope Mahindra prices it very competitively (meaning end of TUV300 [lol]) or under-equips it to differentiate from Scorpio. I see big trouble for Mahindra but let's wait for exactly what they have in store for us!

By the way, why do the test mules have old-gen Scorpio tail lights?

Regards,
Alpha
And don't forget about MPV Mahindra made in Michigan, United States which is almost ready to launch.
MahindraMPV2.jpg

May be Mahindra is going Maruti way. Too many product which are coming in same price bracket. End of the day buyer chooses Maruti. Mahindra want to use this rule in SUV & MPV segment, where Maruti lacks a lot but they have some products in pipeline.

I think Mahindra must change Front & back at least with TUV5OO Or it will be like Bolero and Bolero Pick up...Same styling only one is people mover and other is Luggage mover.

Thread Starter #14
Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

Mahindra is really Over-crowding their product lines and making them confusing for the customer. They're going more or less maruti way.

Quanto-Nuvorsport-TUV300

TUV 500-Xylo-Scorpio-XUV Base

Why?
People mover with Comfort,safety and Features>simply update top end Xylo to compete with Hexa etc?
Rugged yet comfortable off roader with 4x4 & Low range option>Scorpio Can be updated to compete with Fortuner/Endy
Techy gizmo loaded highway mile muncher> XUV can me made into super-premium product in lines of BMW X5/X3 etc
Compact SUV wannabe> Nuvosport shall be revamped to compete with Vitara Brezza,Duster etc.
(I know these are way too high aspirations, but thats what Mahindra is known for, Right?)

Last edited:

Top Bottom