Volkswagen November 2016 Indian Car Sales

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
November 2016: SIAM Sales Summary Report

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 17,799,585 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-November 2016 as against 16,088,825 in April- November 2015, registering a growth of 10.63 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 9.84 percent in April-November 2016 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans grew by 3.82 percent, 33.35 percent and 3.99 percent respectively during April-November 2016 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 4.66 percent in April-November 2016 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) declined by (-) 0.30 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 8.37 percent during April-November 2016 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales grew by 6.96 percent in April-November 2016 over the same period last year. Passenger and Goods Carrier sales grew by 5.00 percent and 16.32 percent respectively in April-November 2016 over April- November 2015.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 13.41 percent during April-November 2016 over April-November 2015. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 20.63 percent, 9.16 percent and 28.14 percent respectively in April-November 2016 over April- November 2015.

Exports

In April-November 2016, overall automobile exports declined by (-) 7.89 percent. While Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles exports registered a growth of 16.22 percent and 13.70 percent, exports of Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers declined by (-) 34.37 percent and (-) 10.07 percent respectively in April-November 2016 over April-November 2015.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks vibhor for the Nov 2016 car sales report, please edit the sub headings to Nov 2016.

Demonetisation takes a hit on most car manufacturers.

Regards
Vinod

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well, Seeing Endeavour and Mustang doing a reasonable job it feels nice. 59 Mustangs in Nov-2016 is definitely a good sign. However, Tiago not coming in top 10 is bit of surprise.

Regards

Akash

Looks like demonetization has hit the Mahindra real hard. I can recall a statement from some expert whose name I have forgot, a couple of years back he said, "Mahindra is treading a dangerous track being dependent only on SUVs".
Tata Tiago is a consistent player with Tata finally. We normally get to see two types of trends:
1) Slow sales initially which starts rising later - signs of a hit product, that is gaining market acceptance at a moderate pace.
2) Slow sales initially which start tailing off with every passing month.

Tiago for sure fits in the first scenario. Even without discounts and slow price hikes, the Tiago is slowly seeing a moderate rise in sales MoM. All the best to this baby Tata, they have put their heart and soul in making of the Tiago and it has finally started showing up ins ales numbers too.

Hmm-Maruti has escaped a bit unscathed-for now?
Titbits that caught my eye-the Enjoy and beat are not doing badly as is the Zest.

Well Toyota are in the position just like suzuki where they can do no wrong with thier premium offering. No matter what price they offer thier cars, they sell and sell well. First it was crysta and now the new Tfort. Suddenly the new Tfort garnering 2000 numbers where the endy doing thier best to sustain to the 500 mark. If I mistake not, these are the highest numbers everr garnered by the Tfort since its first launch.

i see the sudden spike in the Tfort with sudden drop in innova numbers. Probably people upgrading to the new Tfort

November 2016 sales figures doesn't give a clear picture post demonetization. Actual impact would be reflected in next 2 or 3 months. Overall sales figures have shown a growth inspite of banning old 500/1000 Rs notes. But it is not significant because these figures are factory dispatches.

Chevrolet

Enjoy figures have improved post price reduction. Overall figures are still poor. Global giant is not able to crack Indian market.

Fiat

I do not know what to say. Fiat India contribution is just 266 units. Linea figures have hit all time low : 26 cars?? Abarth Punto : "a half baked cake" attempt by Fiat is also a failure.

Ford

New figo is a very good product and also priced very competitively. It's really really sad to see poor sales of this excellent hatch.

Mustang figures have shown a sudden growth. Did Ford India start selling Mustang across all dealerships?

Endeavour sells 10 times more than Mustang!!

Ecosport is still the bread and butter for Ford. Ford got it right by immediate price reduction post Brezza launch.

Honda

Honda seems to have been hit hard by demonetization. I guess Honda has reduced the production due to low footfalls into showroom. Honda dealers should be happy about it while other brand dealerships would have tough time to clear the stock. Accord hybrid was dead on arrival : just 2 units shipped from factory!!

Hyundai

Grand I10, Elite I20 and Creta contribute to majority of the sales. Not to forget, Grand I10 is a 3 year old product and a face-lift is on cars, still it is the best selling Hyundai.

Tucson and Elantra are doing similar figures. Hyundai should be happy about it.

Mahindra

Same case like Honda. KUV 1OO "SUV" hype is over. I always felt that this strategy wouldn't work on long term. Bolero is the best seller now. There is drop across all models.

Maruti

Maruti shows it's clear dominance once again. More than 50 percent market share!!

Baleno figures are all time high and Brezza is also doing good. S-Cross is doing consistent 2000 units. All other modes are also doing similar numbers and nothing to write about.

Renault : Nissan Alliance

Kwid and Redi Go contribute to more than 75 percent of total sales figures. Combined figures are little higher than Tata and retains 3 rd spot even on November 2016 sales chart.

Skoda

Another bad month for Skoda India. New Rapid looks really good though. Overall figures do not even cross 1000 units.

Tata

Tiago is the best product from Tata till date and no wonder it contributes to around 50 percent of sales. Good times for Tata ahead, if they get the Hexa pricing right!! Tata is on 3 rd spot now.

Toyota
Recent updates to Etios has worked out for Toyota. 3000 plus units is really a good figure. Fortuner figures are just mind blowing, close to 2000 units. No wonder Ford is feeling the heat and I have seen couple of Ford SA's putting up video about Endeavour vs Fortuner comparo.

Volkswagen

Vento, Polo and Ameo combined figures are less than Vento + Polo figures few months back. We need to watch out for next 2 months numbers.

Out of Top 20 cars on Sales chart,

Maruti : 11/20
Hyundai : 4/20
Tata : 1/20
Mahindra : 1/20
Ford : 1/20
Renault : 1/20
Toyota : 1/20

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Guys,
Why does Santa fe sell on 10 units when Fortuner is doing 1924 and Endeavour 562?
I know these are newish but the same story even in the past.

Guys,
Why does Santa fe sell on 10 units when Fortuner is doing 1924 and Endeavour 562?
I know these are newish but the same story even in the past.
Haha we Indians have a blind faith in Toyota however superior the competitor products are. Same is the case with Maruti.

Ford has added driver knee air bag to Titanium AT petrol variant making it first in the segment to offer 7 airbags or rather in many segments above.
I understand that this is an error on behalf of Ford website. There is no such change, sadly!

DECEMBER 2016

Demonetization seem to have not spared the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki. Reports a dip of 4.4 % in December dispatches when compared to last year in domestic sales. Eeco, WagonR, Alto and Dzire tour were the worst affected.

Saving grace though is the UV segment has done extremely good and the run continues.

111.JPG

Last edited:
DECEMBER 2016

Demonetization seem to have not spared the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki. Reports a dip of 4.4 % in December dispatches when compared to last year in domestic sales. Eeco, WagonR, Alto and Dzire tour were the worst affected.

Saving grace though is the UV segment has done extremely good and the run continues.

View attachment 217358
More than the demonetisation, it is because of the fact that Maruti conducted its annual maintenance shutdown, causing halt in production for 6 days in December(25th to 31st December).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom