Innova Fans Rejoice! New Gen Model Now Officially Available

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Autocar India is informing that Toyota plans to launch the next generation model of India’s most preferred MUV – Innova. The new generation model will carry an entirely new design, which will weed out the current flaws the car has, based upon customer’s feedback. I’m quoting an excerpt from ACI:

Customer feedback has indicated that owners are extremely satisfied with the existing Innova and want very little change. Toyota too is struggling to find ways to improve and hone its highly successful MPV. According to company sources, the next Innova will have some major styling tweaks and certain body panels will be reskinned. Engineers are working on ways to provide a more flexible seating configuration and to improve space in the third row. Making the Innova longer has been ruled out because customer feedback has indicated that owners do not want an MPV with larger dimensions. There is talk of an automatic option in the next Innova as well as a marginally more powerful engine
Drive Safe,
350Z

don't tell me they are going to release with same size like yeti .
Still they should do something about there car body its too soft . well raj know well .

Good news , the Innova was due for a makeover now! Good that they have taken customer feedbacks , AT , powerful engine and certain body panels will be re-skinned is nice to hear!

Needless to mention, i am happy with this news. Being a die hard Innova fan, i was pretty disappointed with the rumours which said that Innova will be phased out next year, but thanks to Toyota, Innova will have a new look in the near future.

No, nothing like that is going to happen. Basically, It will be a makeover.

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
Still they should do something about there car body its too soft . well raj know well .
The Innova is doing exceptionally good in the Indian market, and Toyota will probably not perform any alteration, which may hamper its ever-increasing sales. I am assuming significant changes in the front as well as rear, along with interiors, while retaining the current body design in the new model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I dont think Toyota will do anything of that sort.
As Jayadev said, soft body(i dont think it is the right word) is a safety feature and used intentionally by most of the foreign brands.

According to company sources, the next Innova will have some major styling tweaks and certain body panels will be reskinned. Engineers are working on ways to provide a more flexible seating configuration and to improve space in the third row. Making the Innova longer has been ruled out because customer feedback has indicated that owners do not want an MPV with larger dimensions. There is talk of an automatic option in the next Innova as well as a marginally more powerful engine
if they will shorten the length then how will they improve interiors flexibility / space?? [confused] toyota better doesnt touch anything except light facelift or else they can have sales going upside down..or hope they bring avanza and place it below innova!!

Attachments

ilango[speed thirst];59385 said:
for passenger safety , there is steel rods inside to protect the impact!
[evil]
ya that safety hit innova owner very hard and company gets some non-stop money . good thing i never went for innova
Huh!!!
Softer body panels, steel rods inside - is it just be or does anyone understand how the two are linked to vehicle safety in the same sentence.

What? When did softer body panels become a safety feature?
Exactly, I don't quite understand where this is going guys :(

Making the Innova longer has been ruled out because customer feedback has indicated that owners do not want an MPV with larger dimensions.
if they will shorten the length then how will they improve interiors flexibility / space??
Read it carefully Umang, Toyota has said that it will NOT alter the length. Basically they have said that they wont increase the length to increase the legroom in the third row. That doesnt mean they will shorten the length.

Re: Innova fans rejoice! New Generation model coming next year

Here are some spy shots of the face lifted Innova being tested in Indonesia. Lets see if Indian market gets something like this.

2012-toyota-innova-minorchange-1.jpg

2012-toyota-innova-minorchange-2.jpg

2012-toyota-innova-minorchange-3.jpg

Image Source: Autoincar.com

Top Bottom